Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Telephoto

Posted

Hi,

anyone had the chance to compare these two different lenses?

do you own one of them?

What do you think of it!

Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM SLR Lens

V

Sigma 10mm-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM AF Lens

Thinking of buying one of them.....

HAVE YOU A FEW SHOT'S OR EXAMPLE'S TO POST UP

Edited by dogs32

Posted

General consensus of opinion leans towards the Canon not surprisingly its more expensive

I have the Sigma 10-20, its well built and gives nice sharp images, but there does seem to be a difference between samples and some are allegedly a bit soft

Bought mine secondhand on a photo website where I got to see sample pics and would suggest that's a good idea or perhaps buy from a high st shop where you could return it if needed

Another one to consider is the Tokina equivalent, very well regarded and often said to be better than the two you mentioned

All depends on what you want to spend too and for that the Sigma cannot be beaten

Posted

General consensus of opinion leans towards the Canon not surprisingly its more expensive

I have the Sigma 10-20, its well built and gives nice sharp images, but there does seem to be a difference between samples and some are allegedly a bit soft

Bought mine secondhand on a photo website where I got to see sample pics and would suggest that's a good idea or perhaps buy from a high st shop where you could return it if needed

Another one to consider is the Tokina equivalent, very well regarded and often said to be better than the two you mentioned

All depends on what you want to spend too and for that the Sigma cannot be beaten

Cheers mate.

will have to look into the Tokina len's.

Canon are more expensive than the Sigma and are suppose to be better pic quality.

Though Sigma are VERY good also

I think most people on here have a Sigma lenses.

Would love to hear from someone with a Canon also..or Tokina!

thx for your opinion's Huntso :drinks:

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Should have mentioned the well regarded Tokina is the 11-16 not the 12-24.

Still don't think the Canon is that much better given the extra cost and its a bloody cheek to then charge another 30 quid for a hood which is quite important on these wide angle lenses

Hope you enjoy whatever you get, certainly a different aspect at 10mm, just watch out you don't include your feet or shadowwhistling.gif

Posted

Should have mentioned the well regarded Tokina is the 11-16 not the 12-24.

Still don't think the Canon is that much better given the extra cost and its a bloody cheek to then charge another 30 quid for a hood which is quite important on these wide angle lenses

Hope you enjoy whatever you get, certainly a different aspect at 10mm, just watch out you don't include your feet or shadowwhistling.gif

cheers.

This is with the Canon 10=22mm

this sort of scene is my ultimate Goal to capture

edit.. will try to find a Sigma shot also

post-3696-12644977533928_thumb.jpg

• UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-29 07:13:16 Valid: 29/03/2024 0600 - 30/03/2024 0600 THUNDERSTORM WATCH - FRI 29 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

Difficult travel conditions as the Easter break begins

Low Nelson is throwing wind and rain at the UK before it impacts mainland Spain at Easter. Wild condtions in the English Channel, and more rain and lightning here on Thursday. Read the full update here

Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts

UK Storm and Severe Convective Forecast

UK Severe Convective & Storm Forecast - Issued 2024-03-28 09:16:06 Valid: 28/03/2024 0800 - 29/03/2024 0600 SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WATCH - THURS 28 MARCH 2024 Click here for the full forecast

Nick F
    Nick F