Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Looking quite tasty for Norwich tonight and tomorrow with plenty of showers looking set to stream in off the North Sea, but perhaps drying up on Sunday/Monday as winds back north-westerly.

Posted

Had a squall here earlier a bit like January 2004 it was light rain and just a touch of sleet light winds early,then hail squall winds whipped around to the north gales for a while driving hail then snow gave

a slight dusting a less intense version of Jan 2004 thundersnow.

Followed by some snow showers 2.4c now and sunnier and windy north/NW great start. :)

Posted

Had a squall here earlier a bit like January 2004 it was light rain and just a touch of sleet light winds early,then hail squall winds whipped around to the north gales for a while driving hail then snow gave

a slight dusting a less intense version of Jan 2004 thundersnow.

Followed by some snow showers 2.4c now and sunnier and windy north/NW great start. :p

that must be the showers that were over you, glorious sunshine here although very cold lot of cloud around however.

Posted

Anyone else love how dead everything looks like the grass very yellow etc this hapened last year but not to the extend it is now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Anyone else love how dead everything looks like the grass very yellow etc this hapened last year but not to the extend it is now.

I'm very glad there must be thousands of dead slugs by now — my veg might stand a chance in the summer :p

Posted

I'm very glad there must be thousands of dead slugs by now — my veg might stand a chance in the summer :p

Same here im a keen gardener a proper cold winter is what we needed to kill the bugs, we didnt ave that many last year after last winter but this one should really obliterate them

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Yes, I think the cold air has plunged south a good 3-6 hours ahead of what I was expecting. I still don't expect much of note on the ground until overnight when we could see some fairly significant accumulations in Norfolk.

Some pretty spectacular "blowing snow" effects at UEA earlier- they resembled fast-moving patches of fog at times.

Posted

One moderate snow shower here this morning (probably from a weak front) but since then clear and very cold. Unless the wind gets a more Northerly component I feel that as I am about 10 miles from the coast we will stay dry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

A heavy shower just skirted us here in Newbury, Berkshire but remarkably is how my temps took a nosedive.

At 14:45 Air Temp was 4.6c and DP 2.1c then at 15:00 they were 3.0c/0.4c respectively. Also it started horizontally snowing at the time of the first observation.

Now just 10 minutes later, the AT is 2.5c and DP 0.3c so continuing to slowly fall and judging by the radar, a surprise covering maybe on offer by evening time. drinks.gif

Loving this northerly already.

STORMBOY

Posted

Just had snow here too.

On the slug front - counted 120 snails in my outside gas meter box yesterday.

Posted

One moderate snow shower here this morning (probably from a weak front) but since then clear and very cold. Unless the wind gets a more Northerly component I feel that as I am about 10 miles from the coast we will stay dry.

Yes, I must admit I expected more showers to affect your area than has actually happened. Looks like GFS overdid the inland penetration of showers over NE England for 6pm.

Plenty of heavy snow/graupel showers hitting Norwich though, with some spectacular cumulonimbus clouds around. It's not really giving more than a dusting, but I wasn't expecting anything significant until evening anyway.

Posted

I'm loving the look of those showers just north of Norwich on the 5 minute radar, they are one continuous band stretching hundreds of miles north!