Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

Had a snow shower here in North Essex, at 3.30pm, some dusting still on the roofs, temps have gone to freezing now and pavements are getting icey...Whats in store tommorow, anybody forecasting a heavy fall out of showers..???

Posted

I'm loving the look of those showers just north of Norwich on the 5 minute radar, they are one continuous band stretching hundreds of miles north!

Just seen that on the radar. If that line gives you a direct hit then it could be phenomenal.

Coming in at the right time too temp / dew pt wise. good.gif

Lucky sods girl_devil.gif

Edited by NW Leeds Russ

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Cheshire Gap streamer is setting up by the looks of it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Showers have become progressively wintry through the day with mainly rain and hail this morning, then some soft hail at about 3.30pm before a proper snow shower straight after. Some very light stuff falling out of nowhere at the moment and that temperature is dropping like a stone!

Posted

I'm loving the look of those showers just north of Norwich on the 5 minute radar, they are one continuous band stretching hundreds of miles north!

WOW amazing stuff we've got a good dusting now from that last shower which was very intense, i've got the outside lights on to watch, snowing very heavily again now good stuff!!

That cold front doesn't even reach us till later on I think we could be on the verge of something awesome tonight!

Oh was watching the snow across the Cley marshes earlier and it was fantastic to see the snow blowing so hard across you could see it coming down in waves

:)

Posted

NAE and fax are pointing towards a trough moving SW overnight. Not much mention of it in media bradcasts though?

http://www.wetterzen...pics/brack0.gif

http://expert.weathe...k/prty/10013006

http://expert.weathe...013012_2912.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

A nice inch-worth of snow fallen in the last hour :D

Posted

Anyone else love how dead everything looks like the grass very yellow etc this hapened last year but not to the extend it is now.

Yes it`s not looking healthy at all.

I thought after all the thick snowcover it would`ve greened up after,but the frost was still in the ground to start with wouldn`t help for the grass.

Clear and breezy now at -0.5c

Much more snow showers than forecast today even drifted off the roof early afternoon shower.

Still a slight covering of snow lying in places.

Heaviest snow shower`s went east of here later and gave a good covering I would imagine,could be an inch.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Its going to be one of those annoying nights for me I think. Just come back to Ipswich from Norwich where it was snowing, slight dusting here in Ipswich but the wind has too much of a westerly slant to itfor showers to effect my part of EA. Hope they keep coming for those in Norfolk, but also that the wind changes to a more favourable direction for Ipswich to get some :D

Posted

Looking at the radar, the showers associated with the trough off the Scottish coast are intensifying rapidly and moving straight towards North East England. I wasn't expecting it earlier, but I know think we could get a good old dumping here in Tyne and Wear tonight, and I don't just mean coastal areas either. Could be a good one methinks !

Karl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

Looking at the radar, the showers associated with the trough off the Scottish coast are intensifying rapidly and moving straight towards North East England. I wasn't expecting it earlier, but I know think we could get a good old dumping here in Tyne and Wear tonight, and I don't just mean coastal areas either. Could be a good one methinks !

Karl

could run down the whole of the east of the country that! just hope it doesn't swing out into the sea like the band below it! fingers crossed!!!

Posted

Its going to be one of those annoying nights for me I think. Just come back to Ipswich from Norwich where it was snowing, slight dusting here in Ipswich but the wind has too much of a westerly slant to itfor showers to effect my part of EA. Hope they keep coming for those in Norfolk, but also that the wind changes to a more favourable direction for Ipswich to get some :D

Those intense showers in the north sea are forecast to start pushing west in association with a front as per the Fax I posted earlier. Most places in England could have a covering by morning!

Posted

Those intense showers in the north sea are forecast to start pushing west in association with a front as per the Fax I posted earlier. Most places in England could have a covering by morning!

That would be excellent if it happened, I hate looking at the radar and seeing all the snow disappearing into the North Sea. Any chance you could pop up a link to the fax chart you mentioned?

Posted

That would be excellent if it happened, I hate looking at the radar and seeing all the snow disappearing into the North Sea. Any chance you could pop up a link to the fax chart you mentioned?

Fax here for tommorow at 1200 http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=charts;type=ukmomod;sess= shows the trough over Central southern England. By this time it has passed over Eastern areas. I would expect an area from the wash, across to brimingham and down to the Isle of White to see a slight covering. It was mentioned on the local Look east forecast at 7pm which can be viewed here http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/324. If you dont have sky (BBC N24) then watch the 1025 forecast as I'm sure they will be talking about it by then,

Posted

NAE and fax are pointing towards a trough moving SW overnight. Not much mention of it in media bradcasts though?

http://www.wetterzen...pics/brack0.gif

http://expert.weathe...k/prty/10013006

http://expert.weathe...013012_2912.gif

Look East actually mentioned the 'front' pushing west across the region tonight and leaving the west (MK) lunch time tomorrow. Although is was suggested to be a Wintery Mix!! It must fall as snow at these temps... minus 1.5 outside and falling steadliy.

It is not often Look East get it right, so this may be there 1 in 10!!

Have fun in the hot sun next week while we enjoy the cold :-)

Posted

Look East actually mentioned the 'front' pushing west across the region tonight and leaving the west (MK) lunch time tomorrow. Although is was suggested to be a Wintery Mix!! It must fall as snow at these temps... minus 1.5 outside and falling steadliy.

It is not often Look East get it right, so this may be there 1 in 10!!

Have fun in the hot sun next week while we enjoy the cold :-)

Thanks mate! Was wondering if you would be looking on here tonight! Maz is watching booring soaps! It's actualy going to rain in Tenerife by the looks of things! http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/forecast/1083 hoping for some T Storms. Would be a great week if I leave here with a bit of snow around, land to T Storms in Tenerife and then get back on Thurs for the start of the Easterly!

PS Anthing that falls will be snow in our locations. even this afternoon Dew points where -4 and uppers around -8 so no problem there. Currently -2.2c here. Have a good weekend mate.

Edited by Tim Bland

Posted

Thanks mate! Was wondering if you would be looking on here tonight! Maz is watching booring soaps! It's actualy going to rain in Tenerife by the looks of things! http://news.bbc.co.u...r/forecast/1083 hoping for some T Storms. Would be a great week if I leave here with a bit of snow around, land to T Storms in Tenerife and then get back on Thurs for the start of the Easterly!

PS Anthing that falls will be snow in our locations. even this afternoon Dew points where -4 and uppers around -8 so no problem there. Currently -2.2c here. Have a good weekend mate.

Oooohhhh. The thought of a cracking Thorm or Electric Storm. It makes me tingle.

Cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I don't remember the thread I read it on, but earlier my mother said that the moon is very bright tonight; I couldn't remember the explanation why - I am positive there is an explanation.

Anyone care to elaborate?

Edited by rikki

Posted

Rather frustrating this evening seeing this trough developing off the North Sea to affect everywhere east of the Pennines and then Lincolnshire, east midlands, east anglia and the south east, whilst tomorrow chance of snow showers over much of Wales, N Ireland, west midlands even, liverpool area probably and even SW England at times. Cumbria is in the snow free zone, shame a trough couldn't have developed. Still we are going to be compensated with a beautiful cold clear weekend, a sharp frost tonight and tomorrow with temps struggling to get much above freezing I imagine away from coastal areas.

Edited by damianslaw

Posted

Met Office forecast for here tonight was for rain with hill snow. Here on the coast weve had no rain, only heavy snow showers off and on. The temps have been slightly too high for much of it to settle so the roads are clear but there is a covering on pavements and grass. Bit strange that this was forecast as rain when all the showers during the day here have been of either hail or light snow, but maybe there was more to it that I dont know about!