Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Radar V5 New Version Online

Paul

Looking at Version 4 of the radar and it seems to be the same on Version 5, if you take the 1015 and 1020 today as examples, the radar image over parts of Wales are identical. and this is with fronts moving in from the west, so some movement would occur, then on the next image it jumps to its correct position.

This has been happening a few times over the past few days, and also happens quite a few times today.

Not a major problem, but just wondering if it is a Met Office issue.

Posted

On that issue the local BBC forecaster did mention at lunchtime that the morning had seen an area of stationary rain. He

gave it a technical name, which escapes me now unfortunately.

I wonder whether that was actually the case, or whether he'd seen it stationary on the radar and thought it was for real.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

The 8th Beta version of the V5 radar is now online.

It includes a large number of bug fixes, improvements and additions - including smoother changes between timeslots, resizing options and a scale viewer.

Please let us know how you find it, and post any bug reports using the form beneath the radar image!

http://www.netweather.tv/secure/cgi-bin/premium.pl?action=radarv5beta;sess=

Thanks

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

That's much better Paul, the best improvement I think is the smooth transitions, that makes a big difference.

I love the old radar still but I think I'll use V5 a lot more now with those improvements.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Yes, a lot better now the transition between time slots is carried out much quicker. In future versions of the V5 radar I would like to see a precipitation smoothing option (if it's possible) and a fast radar loop feature, preferably much faster than the V4 version ... something similar to the GRLevel3 radar lol.

I agree with that. I like it so far :)

BUG: I went back to 8:10 and it would'nt load so i clicked latest and nothing! i went back to the previous one and nothing. The first time i went on it i had rain on it.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted

Morning, we're working on this now, should be resolved shortly..

Edit - It's fixed and back up to date now. Apologies for the issue which was caused by a corrupt data file.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Love the latest radar upgrade

Edited by chionomaniac

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Looks great, the NMM and Temp overlays along with animation are quality.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Oh, when its released can u keep v4 online as it works better with my phone!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I like the new v6 version too.

The one thing I can't get used to is the overlays, i.e. where are they? Are the old wind vectors/lifted index options still available? Also, I wondered whether the animation could be extended further back into the past, rather than just the last 2 hours?

How does the Save setting function work?

Questions, questions. On the whole though, I'm impressed, it's by far the best out there as well. :good:

Good stuff.

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Hi GTLTW, we'll be posting up loads more info on this in the next few days - we just did an early release for our subscribers before making any announcements etc.

More overlays will be added during the next day or so, there is already a temperature on but the air pressure, winds etc will be there soon. The animation is brand new on this system, so we've limited it to 2 hours for now - it may be we can extend this later.

The save settings system will store the settings you have at that time for the next time you come to the radar - the scale type, view options and location will all save.

Cheers

Paul