Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

morning all

A very light dusting here, think we just the one shower,

glad i didnt stop up any longer lol

Posted

A pretty good result from last nights showers, this morning at sunrise we had a full cover of around 1.5cm. The sunshine is getting to work rapidly on it, though the temperature is just 1.3C. Minimum temperature overnight was -2.2C.

Posted

Pretty patchy here now. Woke up to around 1cm covering, not as much as I was hoping but better than nothing at all. The snow is pretty much the same where the sun hasn't shone, but has completely melted when sun had shone. I think thats it for a while now, really hope to keep whats left for a few days.

Posted

Pretty poor forecast on my part, looks like the showers didn't really make it inland. I still stick by my initial forecast of 5cm+ for coastal areas, I think some places were unlucky. Scarborough did well with reports of 5cm but Hull not so well with 1-2cm. I suppose Hull was just in an unlucky place at the time, with the band of showers breaking up and leaving a gap before hitting Hull. Places in the North east have done very well, with reports of 10cm.

Anyway nothing much to look forward to in the short term, plenty of crisp cold days which is nice but I would like some snow. Perhaps snow on Tuesday but I'm not too sure, we will have the cold air in place before the front and cold air digging in behind. Perhaps a snow to rain to snow event. The meto 3-5 day hint at the idea of snow, Wintry showers on Monday, then more prolonged rain, sleet or snow for Tuesday and Wednesday with the risk of heavy snow, especially over hills. Remaining cold, though perhaps milder later. Certainly one to watch.

Posted

post-10637-12648735301788_thumb.jpg

I took this depth on our drive this morning in the car wheel tracks. Way more than I expected! Anyway it's been a dry, crisp day after the snow showers this morning. There didn't seem to be as much snow in town but still plenty! We now have half a street clear from the sun melt and the other half still has 3inches where it's been in the shade all day!

I'll post some proper pics later.

Temp dropping like a rock now the suns gone Max today 1.8C and now -2.1C

Posted

The lack of replies indicates a poor event last night. We had 7cm here, and were lucky with some prolonged showers first thing this morning, but the depth died out rapidly just a mile or two inland, though there was a slight cover inland beyond the W edge of the Wolds. Still a full cover and a max of 1.3, has already been down to -3.9, but for some reason now rising at -3.1.

Ah! Spotted the reason for the temp increase, some very light echoes showing up on the Net Weather radar just to the North, so some cloud encroaching.

Posted

look like there no sign of any snow or a head all it keep doing the high pressure resirting itself stupid weather it keep doing this it boring england that nothing interesting weather comes to england my finger is still crossed for any changers

Edited by Sammy21

Posted

The lack of replies indicates a poor event last night. We had 7cm here, and were lucky with some prolonged showers first thing this morning, but the depth died out rapidly just a mile or two inland, though there was a slight cover inland beyond the W edge of the Wolds. Still a full cover and a max of 1.3, has already been down to -3.9, but for some reason now rising at -3.1.

Ah! Spotted the reason for the temp increase, some very light echoes showing up on the Net Weather radar just to the North, so some cloud encroaching.

Its wasnt too bad here with around 1.5cm. It has melted in the sunshine somewhat but we'll easily meet the MetOffice definition of a half cover at 0900 tomorrow. The max temp was 2.2C and its currently -2.1C. The temperature fall has stalled in the last half an hour though.

Driving westwards and past Hull city centre today there was very little snow at all. Not many posts today as more than 10-15 miles inland it wasnt really anything notable. Still, living closer to the coast has its benefits in Northerlies, though we pay in easterlies! :)

Posted

METO 3-5 day-Tuesday, cloudy with rain or sleet at first, becoming dry and sunny, then frosty overnight. Wednesday dry, sunny spells, but then sleet or snow overnight and on Thursday, some heavy.

wub.gif

Posted

METO 3-5 day-Tuesday, cloudy with rain or sleet at first, becoming dry and sunny, then frosty overnight. Wednesday dry, sunny spells, but then sleet or snow overnight and on Thursday, some heavy.

wub.gif

Hi mate what are your thoughts on the showers over mid Wales now affecting Cardiff, do you think i will see any accumulations?

Cheers.

Posted

Hi mate what are your thoughts on the showers over mid Wales now affecting Cardiff, do you think i will see any accumulations?

Cheers.

Probably temporary accumulations if the showers are of snow which they may not be, if they are snow not amounting to much. Unless you can get a sustained stream of showers then possibly 1-3cm. Your best chance is in the evening but then shower activity dies out.

Edited by 10123

Posted

Forecast for this week.

Monday- Cold starts to the day with some isolated mist and fog patches, temperatures around -1.c to -4.c. After a clear start it will soon cloud over with extensive cloud cover from the north, leading to a dull and cloudy day with suppressed maxes of 2-4.c. Later during the day patchy light snow will move south, some moderate burst of snow likely in Northern and Western areas. During the night snow continuing for a time with some locally heavier burst, leading to a covering of 1-3cm for most.

Tuesday- During the early hours of Tuesday morning snow will soon turn to rain or sleet, with snow confined to the highest ground (350m+). During heavier bursts there may be periods of wet snow but mostly rain or sleet. Temps close to freezing throughout the night around 1-3.c. Later in the morning the patchy rain or sleet may start to turn to snow, during the afternoon there is likely to be widespread snowfall, mostly light-moderate with the odd heavier burst. Max temps throughout the day of 0-2.c. During the evening the snow may continue in all areas leading to 2-4cm for most with higher ground (150m-200m+) possibly having higher accumulations.

Wednesday- The odd light snow flurry around but mostly clear skies and a very cold morning temps as low as -5.c in central areas. There is a real risk of ice on any untreated surfaces, mostly side roads at risk. During the afternoon cloud increasing from the South West, temperatures again low with highs of 1-4.c.

Thursday- During the early hours of Thursday morning widespread moderate-heavy snow is likely to affect all areas with the heaviest of the snow in the south and west of the region. This will last for a relatively short period (2-3 hours), leading to 4-6cm of snow for most. By morning the precipitation will have mostly died out apart from eastern areas where the snow will linger and slowly turn to sleet, where as in western areas the snow will have gone, leading to mostly cloudy skies, again cold with highs of 1-3.c.

Friday on wards- Alot of uncertainty as to what will happen, there is possibility of milder SW's but not particularly mild, with temps around or just below average. But the models could be underestimating the hight to our east which has already happened this winter so the outlook could be cold.

Edited by 10123

Posted

I don't honestly expect to see any snow in Halifax in the next week, i hope you are right 10123 but sounds a little optimistic to me.

Posted

Looks interesting, hopefully my forecast will be right, will be if this comes of. We will ALL see snow tommorow, no doubt about it, and we will all see snow on Tuesday. Unfortunatley it will rain in-between washing away any snow that falls on Monday. prectypeuktopo.png

Posted
drinks.gif even though it shows sleet for some areas I'm confident it will be snow.prectypeuktopo.png

Posted

This will be called the 10123 thread at this rate I'm posting so much, Im shocked by the lack of posters when there is so much snow on offer.

Posted

According to our local weather station the wind is in a NE direction. Is there any chance those beafy showers will make it down the east coast later on tonight?

Posted

According to our local weather station the wind is in a NE direction. Is there any chance those beafy showers will make it down the east coast later on tonight?

No, sorry, you you might catch one if your lucky.

Posted

No, sorry, you you might catch one if your lucky.

I've just been reading the scotish thread, they are having tons of snow at the moment, lucky sods!! There was talk of making igloos!! Beats my 2mm covering here!!

Posted

Hi mate,

75% of yes.

If you look at the surface charts theres a kink in the isobars, what you see is a trough.

Upper winds are more N slight NE, although remaing W/NW at the surface.

It's likely that you will see the odd shower, i'll be surprised if you don't. I'll be more sure come the next radar update.

Edited by Storm Force Lewis

Posted

Hi mate,

75% of yes.

If you look at the surface charts theres a kink in the isobars, what you see is a trough.

Upper winds are more N slight NE, although remaing W/NW at the surface.

It's likely that you will see the odd show, i'll be surprised if you don't. I'll be more sure come the next radar update.

Cheers mate, really hope you're right. I just thought I was seeing things when I checked raintoday and saw the amount of showers over scotland.

PS - Great win for Waki on Saturday, they normally slip up when playing in London. Who do you play next?

Posted

Cheers mate, really hope you're right. I just thought I was seeing things when I checked raintoday and saw the amount of showers over scotland.

PS - Great win for Waki on Saturday, they normally slip up when playing in London. Who do you play next?

Our first game of the season is this saturday away at saints, i reckon we should turn them over.

Wakey top 6 this season, i'm really hoping this season Hull F.C can be a force, and the team to really challange the rhinos, we have fantastic half back combinations, and loose/hooker. Fitzgibbon, Sean long, Richard horne, Shaun Berigan, Danny houghton. We also have a huge pack, probably biggest in superleague this season, Luaki, O'Meley, Doews, Moa, and fitz can play in the forwards too.

Posted

Our first game of the season is this saturday away at saints, i reckon we should turn them over.

Wakey top 6 this season, i'm really hoping this season Hull F.C can be a force, and the team to really challange the rhinos, we have fantastic half back combinations, and loose/hooker. Fitzgibbon, Sean long, Richard horne, Shaun Berigan, Danny houghton. We also have a huge pack, probably biggest in superleague this season, Luaki, O'Meley, Doews, Moa, and fitz can play in the forwards too.

Yeah hope you beat them and knock leeds of their perch. Have you been following the 18z on the gfs, some good looking cold in f1 - for a change!!