Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I reckon we may get clipped by some of the showers tonight. Won't amount to much though. It's a shame they won't move west a smidge more because theres some real intensity in them!!

Posted

This is the one I am watching at

Turning milder, but we're watching Siberia!

The gradual change to milder weather is beginning to develop as we suggested last week. By the weekend temperatures will be returning towards average, and rain will become more of a problem than ice and snow for most of the country. The cold weather is being pushed back east across Europe by active low pressure systems moving in from the Atlantic and pushing into western Europe, as is typical during the winter months.

Posted

well what a bloody adventure this weekend! camped out in my mates van at sandsend next to whitby on friday night and it was hammering it down with easy 5cm and drifting! then sat morning got caught in a blizzard heading towards saltburn while checking a surf spot, surf was good sunday and today but bloody freezing at night! WILL put photos up later :)

Posted

well what a bloody adventure this weekend! camped out in my mates van at sandsend next to whitby on friday night and it was hammering it down with easy 5cm and drifting! then sat morning got caught in a blizzard heading towards saltburn while checking a surf spot, surf was good sunday and today but bloody freezing at night! WILL put photos up later :D

The surfs been ace ey, Iv'e not seen the bay so full on Saturday. Got some good shots of the waves. A good old Northerly usually brings out the surfers!

We have snizzle here at the moment! Temp 1.2C and dew point -1.4 but climbing rapidly. might get a dusting before it gets washed away by the rain coming later!

Posted

Some interesting NW radar echoes approaching South Yorkshire from the west - where are all the snow watchers ? :whistling:

Never mind....it's turning to rain as it gets over the tops.

Perhaps tomorrow afternoon ?

Edited by galba

Posted

So quiet in here! This might stir peeps a bit! Though it will be very short lived with temps behind the band at around 6-7C.

MO Weather Warning

Yorkshire & Humber: E Riding of Yorkshire

Kingston upon Hull

N Lincolnshire

N Yorkshire

NE Lincolnshire

S Yorkshire

W Yorkshire

York

Heavy Snow Wed 3 Feb

There is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting the north Midlands, northern England and southern and central Scotland on Wednesday.

Snow spreading from the southwest during the afternoon and evening may give accumulations of 5-12 cm over hills and up to 5 cm at lower levels.

Issued at: 0315 Tue 2 Feb

Posted

From what i can see, it's all about timing with regards the precipitation.

The further east you are the better, although the further west you are could pay off.

Cold air is expected to stay around as the band hits, but will the warmer sector get ahead of the band?

I would say rain, for East Yorkshire, N Lincs. I may be wrong, but that's my conclusion until i look at the skew charts.

Edited by Storm Force Lewis

Posted

The rain seems to have cleared here now though the back end of it (about the last hour) turned increasingly wintry with snow just before it stopped.

South of Scarborough on high ground may see some good snowfall as the cold air hits the back of the band of rain.

Tomorrow evening and overnight seems to be shaping up well for a brief period of snow that could bring us a couple of cm's again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Light sleet and snow falling now, as it gets colder later I could get a covering but I am more interested in tomorrow afternoon and evening tbh. At a decent elevation I may be treated to a good temporary covering before things turn milder on Thursday.

Posted

Wet snow falling here too in huddersfield, not sure what the temperature is but it feels cold!!cold.gif

The Meto have advisories for W.Yorkshire for heavy snow for wednesday....would be nice to get a few centimetres again, but not sure it would last long!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Very light dusting on the grass/pavements and cars now with icing sugar like snow falling. :cc_confused:

Posted

wet snow falling here too :cc_confused:

Photos from the surf camp out!

post-1104-12651256664688_thumb.jpgpost-1104-12651256679488_thumb.jpgpost-1104-12651256690988_thumb.jpgpost-1104-12651256703088_thumb.jpgpost-1104-12651256714788_thumb.jpgpost-1104-12651256730388_thumb.jpgpost-1104-12651256754488_thumb.jpgpost-1104-12651256772288_thumb.jpgpost-1104-12651256784388_thumb.jpgpost-1104-12651256804088_thumb.jpg

Thats a secret shelterd reef surf spot that works in big northerly surf and NW winds, surfed it sunday and monday! was nearly double overhead at times and heavy! such a sick weekend! snow drifts on saturday and had to get towed up a hill by a land rover!

Posted

Rain turned to heavy sleet at 1pm then light sleet until 2:50PM where we had very heavy snow, which settled on everywhere but the ground (settled on grass though), this gave cars a 1cm covering. Currenltey moderate snowfall with big flakes, and finally settling on the ground.drinks.gif

Edit: Heavy snow biggrin.gif

Edited by 10123

Posted

Rain turned to heavy sleet at 1pm then light sleet until 2:50PM where we had very heavy snow, which settled on everywhere but the ground (settled on ground), this gave cars a 1cm covering. Currenltey moderate snowfall with big flakes, and finally settling on the ground.drinks.gif

Edit: Heavy snow biggrin.gif

Can you upload some pictures so we can all see, would love too :mellow:

1cm did you say? Blimey not a bad return off such light precipitation.

Posted

Can you upload some pictures so we can all see, would love too :mellow:

1cm did you say? Blimey not a bad return off such light precipitation.

hey lewis! hope you liked the photos from the weekend! that northerly was productive thats for sure!

Posted

bit of sleet/wet snow falling here.bit suprised as am only about 5m asl

Wev'e had snow for a couple of hours now on and off right on the coast. Very light though and not amounting to anything.

I notice a few light/moderate showers following on from that band could clip us later tonight before fizzling out. Any thoughts?

Posted

@ lewis

The radar show moderate precipitation over north Leeds, not sure if Net weather radar isn't showing it. The PPN would have to be heavy for the snow to settle as the ground is so wet and temps peaked at 6.c.

post-8968-12651284201288_thumb.jpg

Anyway here are some pics

post-8968-12651284845988_thumb.jpg

Shows the flakes

post-8968-12651285137388_thumb.jpg

Settled on grass

post-8968-12651285339388_thumb.jpg

Edited by 10123