Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

@ lewis

The radar show moderate precipitation over north Leeds, not sure if Net weather radar isn't showing it. The PPN would have to be heavy for the snow to settle as the ground is so wet and temps peaked at 6.c.

post-8968-12651284201288_thumb.jpg

Anyway here are some pics

post-8968-12651284845988_thumb.jpg

Shows the flakes

post-8968-12651285137388_thumb.jpg

Settled on grass

post-8968-12651285339388_thumb.jpg

Come on mate 1cm? lol

More like a dusting

Posted

Come on mate 1cm? lol

More like a dusting

I did say cars, the snow always settles first on the cars.

Posted

Wev'e had snow for a couple of hours now on and off right on the coast. Very light though and not amounting to anything.

I notice a few light/moderate showers following on from that band could clip us later tonight before fizzling out. Any thoughts?

not looked at the radar today because i have been busy researching my family history but just looking out the window now and its hammering it down with snow :)

Posted

not looked at the radar today because i have been busy researching my family history but just looking out the window now and its hammering it down with snow drinks.gif

Left here, but when it was here the snow was quite heavy.

Posted

Time to look to the North sea for tonight now smile.gif Some showers on the way a lil later.

Then tomorrow, look WSW smile.gif

Yep, Thought I saw them, We seem to be in the firing line at the moment, Do you think they will keep their intensity though? Might give a covering by morning before tomorrows big event!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Time to look to the North sea for tonight now smile.gif Some showers on the way a lil later.

Then tomorrow, look WSW smile.gif

Do you think Ne england will see any? dry.gif

Posted

Yep, Thought I saw them, We seem to be in the firing line at the moment, Do you think they will keep their intensity though? Might give a covering by morning before tomorrows big event!

Looks like they are grouping and forming all over the place, hard to tell if it's heading straight for us, but it appears to be.

Although they could just skirt the coast and not pentrate inland, and stay offshore.

Showers on the way, getting heavier now.

Deffo gunna hit land

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Looks like they are grouping and forming all over the place, hard to tell if it's heading straight for us, but it appears to be.

Although they could just skirt the coast and not pentrate inland, and stay offshore.

Showers on the way, getting heavier now.

Deffo gunna hit land

How about northeast england im in the southern part fo the region i wonder if i could fluke some showers! whistling.gif

Posted

Theres a couple of nice looking showers around the Newcastle area at the moment that could hit here. I'll be radar watching again!

As for tomorrow I feel a downgrade coming along! As far as I can tell the precipitation here will be mainly light though prolonged. I also see now the Dam will be at 534 and 850 temps of -4C. Seems the wrong side of marginal to me!

Wait and see again I suppose!

Anyone else have any views? Is it just a coastal thing again?

Posted

Theres a couple of nice looking showers around the Newcastle area at the moment that could hit here. I'll be radar watching again!

As for tomorrow I feel a downgrade coming along! As far as I can tell the precipitation here will be mainly light though prolonged. I also see now the Dam will be at 534 and 850 temps of -4C. Seems the wrong side of marginal to me!

Wait and see again I suppose!

Anyone else have any views? Is it just a coastal thing again?

Dew points and the 0C isotherm are fine which means the uppers are supportive of snowflakes to make it down to the surface, -4 850's are fine :rolleyes: , you wont be getting modifed air off the N Sea as the wind will be WSW, temps when the precip hits to be expected at around freezing or below. Don't worry about the DAM.

if your dew point is above 0c, then expect a wintery mix.

Posted

Hey whats up with the images satellite when I go next with the times it does not move it stays as the same image and sometimes when I keep going it changes only because some works

Posted

Dew points and the 0C isotherm are fine which means the uppers are supportive of snowflakes to make it down to the surface, -4 850's are fine :wacko: , you wont be getting modifed air off the N Sea as the wind will be WSW, temps when the precip hits to be expected at around freezing or below. Don't worry about the DAM.

if your dew point is above 0c, then expect a wintery mix.

Cheers Lewis!

Will be interesting either way, Iv'e just had a new RH sensor sent for my weather station which worked fine, Just checked my dew point though and it's reading -175C again!!!

Better fix itself for tomorrow night.

The showers just north of us seem to have collapsed in on themselves and have stalled. Might get some flurries later maybe.

Posted

1.9c here with a dew of -1.7c

Snow will be here soon, another upgrade today is the GFS 06z shows one hell of a E/NE'rly with -15 to -20 upper's for next Monday/Tuesday, it's not that far in FI either :lol: Fingers crossed the trend continues, if it comes off. Record breaking snowfall for eastern areas, and record cold!! Min temps of -8 during the day.

Posted

Been snowing here for about twenty minutes, very fine stuff but settling well on the covering (~1cm) we had last night.

Temp is -0.5°C.

Dewpoint at Buxton is -3.7°C.

Edited by galba

Posted

2.1c with a dew of -1.2c

Temp should start dropping now, i dont expect it to drop that low as theres extensive cloud cover with the approaching front. But when the precipitation gets here, i expect the temp to drop rather quickly.