Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Snowing really light here, just started, but it will finish within 15 mins

10123 your dissapointed with 3cm? Just goes to show how greedy some people are, even though it's been a fantastic winter, and it's still not over! Have some thoughts for those that have not been so fortunate on more than one occasion :drinks:

Posted

Snowing really light here, just started, but it will finish within 15 mins

10123 your dissapointed with 3cm? Just goes to show how greedy some people are, even though it's been a fantastic winter, and it's still not over! Have some thoughts for those that have not been so fortunate on more than one occasion smile.gif

It depends where you live, for some 3cm is okay but that is a dusting for me. This is pretty poor compared to the last frontal snow event (DEC08) which delivered 15cm, we rarely achieve under 5cm from any snow events.

Surprisingly it is still snowing moderately.

Edited by 10123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Yep, snowing quite heavily here now.

An overall covering.

BL :)

Posted

not even a covering, some paths sugar coating at best, stopping now and for east yorkshire, thats the end of it.

Nice too see some snowflakes however, warming up for a few days now, and fingers crossed we may see some very cold weather with snow next week. Monday night onwards.

Posted

On Look north they were in Leeds center at the lowest point (30m) and there was snow on the main roads as well. Still snowing moderately here with big flakes.

Posted

PPN has now turned to very fine freezing rain - accumulation is about 3cm.

Per the radar we're now on the back edge of it.

Edited by galba

Posted

from Lewis

Posted 4 minutes ago

not even a covering, some paths sugar coating at best, stopping now and for east yorkshire, thats the end of it.

Nice too see some snowflakes however, warming up for a few days now, and fingers crossed we may see some very cold weather with snow next week. Monday night onwards.

and a few minutes before that you had it getting heavier-have you looked at the radar lad?

The precip is moving roughly west to east on the upper winds.

Edited by johnholmes

Posted

from Lewis

Posted 4 minutes ago

and a few minutes before that you had it getting heavier-have you looked at the radar lad?

The precip is moving roughly west to east on the upper winds.

Hi John,

I can clearly see the radar, i'm on netweather extra, and i also i can clearly see it moving west to east, hence why within 15 mins it will have stopped. The precipitation is light..

Lewis

Posted

your logic is unsound

it started snowing here at 1625 and is still snowing so why will Hull be that much different?

Posted

Snowing quite heavily here now settling on paths grass roads, and looking at the radar we mite get some heavy snow here at last drinks.gif

Posted

your logic is unsound

it started snowing here at 1625 and is still snowing so why will Hull be that much different?

The radar must be wrong then? is that what your saying, looking west of me i see very very light precipitation and a clear window, its moving through very quickly and loosing it's intensity.

attached below;

post-2644-12652229158688_thumb.png

Posted

Very heavy snow here with a good covering on everything. Temperature is 0.9C and dewpoint -0.9C.

Its been a rather cold day today with a max of just 1.9C. The ground is still frozen from last night which is helping it lay.

Posted

you appear to be unlucky with the heavier precip south of you-maybe more luck next week?

Posted

been snowing for about an hour here still snowing getting a good covering already

Posted

you appear to be unlucky with the heavier precip south of you-maybe more luck next week?

Hi mate,

I have a dusting, and it was snow and not rain, so although unlucky with regards the heavier precipitation, i'm lucky i got something.

Next week is looking very promising, although it's only 2 runs bringing back the East/NE'rly. If it happens, they could be a lovely end to the winter for many, probably the snowiest at least around these parts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Your all doing quie well, here in Spalding we get the usual heavy rain, did have some sleet but just rain now.

We also did'nt fair that well during the main snow events during January, is this because we are near the wash (as the crow flies) or our lack of height asl?

Posted

Still snowing here, alot of fine flakes, don't know why radar isn't picking it up. Current temp -1.c

Some pics (resized).

post-8968-12652235979888_thumb.jpg

post-8968-12652236099188_thumb.jpg

post-8968-12652236211388_thumb.jpg

post-8968-12652236351288_thumb.jpg

Posted

Your all doing quie well, here in Spalding we get the usual heavy rain, did have some sleet but just rain now.

We also did'nt fair that well during the main snow events during January, is this because we are near the wash (as the crow flies) or our lack of height asl?

Its mainly due to the fact that the colder air only pushed so far south yesterday after the rain. The heaviest preciptation today is associated where the warm and cold front meet.

Posted

Ooooh, its snowing moderately again with decent size flakes.

Posted

Umm radar shows it clearing but it's still coming down here, a good cm now, i cant believe my luck lol.

I suppose.. If the radar has been showing (earlier) the precip over but nothing for a good 30 mins, why cant it be the other way around when it is snowing <_<