Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 21:

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Have to say LSS, yer occluded front produced more snow than yer thought tongue.gif

Well I called it yesterday but sort of assumed the occluded front was that intial band tha just diedoops.gif

Oh well, it did roll right along the central belt, so I suppose the getting over the mountains bit didn't apply. And yet, I feel quite happy with my almost inch +more falling of snow!

Quality summary as usual. Perfect bedtime reading. Going skiing this weekend before there's too much snow. night good.gif

Thankssmile.gif

My skiing forecast (as delivered to my friend in Newburgh who also informed me it is lying there now) is for generally a fairly cloudy weekend with patchy snizzle, though snow melt looks minimal if at all. Best in central areas, but possibly some more cloud and hill snow moving in for Sunday afternoon.

Certainly not a bad time to go, but if the ECM verified next weekend would be pretty epic for the industry, considering the half term holiday coincides with this http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Recm2401.gif

Now the alps wouldn't be able to hold a candle to the Cairngorms on a day like that - probably sub 0C at sea level, incredible visibillity, an extra few inches/feet of snow and not a cloud in sight!

LS

Posted

Monds, another classic hand grenade launched into the NIMBY (no [think SATSIGs] in my backyard) thread aka model meltdoon big whinge.

Lordy, it's parochial in there sometimes...

Would onionste = the waste material that comes out of the hind end of a male bovine per chance?

With what do you mean?! Onionste is altogether more serious than Bull...t

I see the earlier post/reply was indeed deleted or removed. Unreal!

Sense of humour inplants required. Perhaps I'll blog about this one day :rolleyes:

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Saw you on the model thread there LS. I didn't follow the whole thread but I think you were just reminding folks down there that easterlies up here can and do deliver snow ... seems to be a horrendous lack of understanding down there about what can be the potential effects up here of cold air over several hundred miles of sea track. Its not all about the east coast of Englandshire .... Mindyou if Heather the weather can fail to understand it on her evening forecast of Dec 16th ... then maybe its no surpise that the NIMBY's down there on the model thread just don't understand it either whistling.giflaugh.gif

clap.gif

So true I'm afraid lol!

Posted

Lovely GFS run this morning - the cold has been brought in sooner, maybe through Tuesday evening into Wed, but it looks more NE'ly to me ?

Interesting, I think, the 528dam dissects us right through the middle on Tuesday night - that's been a few runs now that the trend is heading towards something rather exciting early next week.

TOORP still on high alert though.