Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion

Bottesford

Posted

The 12z GFS is only out to t84 and already you can see it is going to be a very good run,

how good I don't know yet.

Expect the UKMO to follow suit shortly.

I think that is why People get frustrated. The UKMO is NOT out yet so why anyone can expect it to go

the same way is crazy.....It may do it may not but lets judge on Model runs that are showing?

Regards

CV

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Regardless of what FI shows it's clear to see that GFS does not support UKMO- it builds that ridge of high pressure for Wednesday instead of having a low crashing through as per UKMO.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

Interesting.

Get rid of pesky shortwave off Norway move that high further southwest and hey presto

Rtavn1081.png

i think this is why the meto update was going for southeasterly first then easterly.

Posted

Expect the UKMO to follow suit shortly.

I'm not so sure that will necessarily follow, there is still enough time for small differences to be making or breaking this easterly and the UKMO may still not fall into line. It might well be that it does, but it means no more than it did this morning if it fails to do so.

Posted

Despite what a few are saying according to the 12Z GFS by 144Z in the reliable timeframe, the easterly is on -10 850's enter from the east and the whole country is under -5's with snow showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

T84 and GFS has not backed down...This is a big plus.

Should be a good run this at least in the slightly more reliable timeframe, also snow still on Tuesday for England.

Been some very good and consistent posting amongst the angst...and this is part of a long run of the most unbiased and sensibly accurate posts. Enough niceties because I have even liked IBs posts too, but good stuff.

Ice the negative tilt at point T111 looks very very good indeed, upgrade short term for sure.

BFTP

Look at the Northern Blocking as early as T+138 (Friday)

post-213-12648679034088_thumb.png

Not quite as cold uppers over the UK at this stage (compared to 06HZ), but the pattern is looknig really great, and that is more important at this stage.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

My, my, what a run from the GFS! Surely the UKMO will fall into line, surely!

Posted

I think this evening's models will show some big differences at t+96 to t+120 and thereafter. The GFS is excellent between this time but people should wait for other models to make any firm judgements.

EDIT: My point has just been exemplified by the UKMO. One or the other will have to back down as there's little chance of an 'in between' happening.

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted

Epic is the word to describe this GFS run.

OMG :) Look at T+132 - T+135, WHAT a run by the GFS. THe South west and Wales would grind to a

halt with total chaos on roads !! That is an incredible set up. T+132 is definitley within the reliable

thats 5+half days away, i think we can start to count are chickens... darn it..1,2 .. erm 3 ? :)

Just what the doctor ordered. GFS - Mr Reliable, just when you need it most.

Posted

OMG the UKMO still refuses to go with the GFS! They look similar at 72hrs but then the UKMO phases the Atlantic low with the shortwave to the east. This is becoming painful! the UKMO later output is very poor, unbelievable how there can be this much difference this early on.

Edited by nick sussex