Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Brightest Full Moon Of The Year (29-01-2010)

Posted

On Friday the Full Moon shined at it brightest it was 14% bigger and 30% brighter than a normal Full Moon.

The photos were made with a Canon Eos 500D + Sigma FD 400mm f5.6 APO + 1.4x converter ring (680mm eff.)

1/200s. at 100 ISO

Full Moon in Color.

2010-01-29023a.jpg

Full Moon in Graytones.

2010-01-29023abw.jpg

Full Moon in Graytones negative.

2010-01-29023abwneg.jpg

Posted

Lovely photos, especially the first one in colour. I noticed how bright it was on Friday night — staggering, almost daylight with very strong shadows. We have very little light pollution just here, so it's easy to see when the moon is very bright and clear. At one point during the night, it was like a car was shining its headlights at the blinds in the bathroom. When I opened the blinds, the room was flooded with moonlight, plenty enough to see by. Fantastic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I originally thought the security light outside was on because the light coming through my curtains was so strong! Combined with the snow cover it really was magical. If you looked at the moon for too long you began to see spots, really was amazing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: LP - Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

On Friday the Full Moon shined at it brightest it was 14% bigger and 30% brighter than a normal Full Moon.

The photos were made with a Canon Eos 500D + Sigma FD 400mm f5.6 APO + 1.4x converter ring (680mm eff.)

1/200s. at 100 ISO

Full Moon in Color.

2010-01-29023a.jpg

Full Moon in Graytones.

2010-01-29023abw.jpg

Full Moon in Graytones negative.

2010-01-29023abwneg.jpg

I worked nightshift this week and noted how the moon got bigger and bigger as it dropped into the horizon also MARS is close by at the moment it was about 2 o'clock glowing its usual unmistakeable "orangey red" - Excellent Photos...!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: c'mon thunder

Great pics JdB :D

Out walking the dogs in what few places of low light pollution their is I still noticed how bright it was in the last couple of nights, also why then that one of the dogs has been howling with the full moonlight shining through the curtain-less Kitchen window lol