Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Andy Music Thread

Methuselah

Posted

Not so the met jack one jaye winn been on all week saying about the cold spell nice to see met man get it right hooooooorah.

Well I suppose until it happens - then we'll know - but everything is throwing itself at this coming off now - Derek has been on about it for days also - too many have been raving about this - so if it don't happen - there'll be a lot of eggs on a lot of faces - can't see that happening now - looking forward to another cold spell - word from Joe B is (and he is a coldy I'm led to believe) it's not gonna be, not likely anyway, what we had in early Jan (I think he means the type of low temps we had), but it will be a cold spell of note!

Posted

GFS 18z looking good so far!!!!!!!!!

Fingers crossed! the 8th could be the start,just a few more runs to go and it could be snow time.

I would say more likely than not 60/40.

Come on Andy you can do it.

Dont stop now, order that atlantic system to kneel before you, the same way superman was forced to kneel before Zod.

I think it was Zod anyway, the hardest of the three weirdos anyway.(not the thick one or the woman).

The question remains though, will the beasterly wind be as cold as supermans ice breath?

Posted

Fingers crossed! the 8th could be the start,just a few more runs to go and it could be snow time.

I would say more likely than not 60/40.

Come on Andy you can do it.

Dont stop now, order that atlantic system to kneel before you, the same way superman was forced to kneel before Zod.

I think it was Zod anyway, the hardest of the three weirdos anyway.(not the thick one or the woman).

The question remains though, will the beasterly wind be as cold as supermans ice breath?

More like Mr Frosty? in spiderman or batman? - think it was batman - think I'm right anyway - now he was cold brrrrrrrcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gif

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Nice one Ali - Bobby Ball would be proud of you - think Liza's got him on her facebook friend's list

looks good now for freezing snowy weather - that groundhog doesn't half know a thing or two about the weather eh!

lol you have friends in high places.... Good olde groundhog eh? Fingers and toes crossed this keeps up... WELL Done Andy.

Posted

Looks like the general consensus on the output model thread is general optimism but given then model swings of the last few days we're still waiting for a little longer before anyone will be really certain - however I do get the impression that what precipitation there is likely to be will again be in the East and South East. Still a little early I guess and things looking more positive for cold- but snow in the west a bridge too far?

Posted

When all had given up, and were awaiting weeks of persistant atlantic onslaught, one man looked elsewhere.

One man would not be beaten.

One man stood up for what he beleived in.

One man rose up and stood on the roof of his Volvo, and with great diplomatic skills he negotiated with the Atlantic that it would leave us alone.

As we all cowered under the cold atlantic drizzle today, one man turned head on and stood up to it.

Meteorlogical experts hang your heads in shame.

Whilst you all searched endless charts and computerised models ,this one man saw the big picture.

This man pulled out his groundhog and let his groundhog cast its spell.

Simple really.

post-9521-12652375233788_thumb.jpg

Posted

These past few day have shown that no matter how many zillions you pump into forecasting super computers,we are still no closer to giving accurate forecasts beyond 3 days,than we were 10years ago

Quite ludicrous shifts in patterns from all of the big 3 these past few days and it's utterly amazing that any business would actually pay for this nonsense

Posted

Looks like the general consensus on the output model thread is general optimism but given then model swings of the last few days we're still waiting for a little longer before anyone will be really certain - however I do get the impression that what precipitation there is likely to be will again be in the East and South East. Still a little early I guess and things looking more positive for cold- but snow in the west a bridge too far?

Id guess at the very least we would get a breakdown event out of it perhaps?

Posted

Id guess at the very least we would get a breakdown event out of it perhaps?

don't worry about how much snow we're going to get yet - just get the cold in first - then the snow will only be confirmed up to about 24 - 36 hours out - so enjoy

Pascals - well done mate on the ground hog - I'm crying with laughter

SIMPLES!air_kiss.gif

compare_the_meerkat.jpg?w=166&h=166

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

The models are looking much more promising than they were yesterday.

However caution is still needed, yesterday some were saying that a mild spell was nailed on, and they wrong, so it is equally wrong for anyone to say a cold spell is nailed on, even though it is looking possible even likely that cold weather is on the way back for next week.

Its not nailed on until its here in my book! I have now adjusted to the hype and treat it as great entertainment (thanks Andy and pascalsbongo) irrespective of what actually comes to pass next week..or was that in 3 weeks, pending further flipping models with their backtracking, over progressing and delaying.

Edited by Tonyh

Posted

don't worry about how much snow we're going to get yet - just get the cold in first - then the snow will only be confirmed up to about 24 - 36 hours out - so enjoy

SIMPLES!air_kiss.gif

No probs lol.

If we do get the cold in , then like i said , i think the minimum we could expect would be some kind of breakdown event if nothing else.

A breakdown like the other tuesday would be just fine by me to sign off the winter.

A couple more cold weeks please , then straight to early spring ,with +15 and sunny, just perfect.

Shall i get extra supplies of hob nobs for my lamposts?

Posted

No probs lol.

If we do get the cold in , then like i said , i think the minimum we could expect would be some kind of breakdown event if nothing else.

A breakdown like the other tuesday would be just fine by me to sign off the winter.

A couple more cold weeks please , then straight to early spring ,with +15 and sunny, just perfect.

Shall i get extra supplies of hob nobs for my lamposts?

Yep get those supplies in - I think from looking at the general situation it would be a good idea to get a good general set of food supplies in say monday - unless you got a shop 2 mins walk away - I have to go down the graigerhorn - the winter olympic bobsleigh run in Ponty - this cold spell will come just as the winter olympics will be starting in Canada - make us feel like we are actually there.

Easter has a habit of doing that - lovely and warm all of a sudden

Mind you both the groundhog and Joe B have said now that winter won't relinquish it's icy grip until way into March! cold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gif

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Thats a minimum of 144 hours , and past ANDY MUSIC DAY.

However ANDY , what we have not discussed it what will happen if you are proved correct?

Sainthood?

Knighthood?

Will the winter of 09/10 be forever reffered to as the winter of Andymusic?

Generations from now will recall the oracle Andymusic!

Tales of his extraordinary feats of weather prediction, will be told in the valleys for years to come.

Perhaps a film ?, who knows.

A rags to riches tale , pictures of the volvo stuck in that hole, so hungry that he reverted to canibalism, to pictures of the islands he owns in the carribean, the population of the world hanging off his every word!

There will however be underground tales of how it was nothing to with Andy, but infact it was his pet groundhog that started it all.

However such future stories will lead to execution by our Chinese rulers.

Can I have the same as what your drinking drinks.gif lol

???^^ I dont know where all that came from but it could happen.

Chinese rulers?? wtf

SIMPLES!air_kiss.gif

Awww Andy, your so cute in this picture......

Posted

Hi Ali - thanks love - GFS 06z now confirming that my original date of

8th FEB is now our first real day of cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - so come Monday we're back in the freezer - as for snow - can't confirm anything yet - will know nearer the time - looking flippin fantastic right now though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

I'm going to make a bold prediction - a foot of snow in Wales in the middle part of next week.

You heard it here first...

Where will that come from? I expect mainly dry weather but turning very cold, with increasing snow risk at the end of next week.

Posted

The trend has put the atlantic further west even last few runs so it seems were`re heading for a very cold NE-ly again like back in January/december,only this is that direction brings very little in the way of snow showers to WEales.

I`d rather an direct east/NE flow,as wind will be north/NE or north.

May see some snow grains as it starts.

http://www2.wetter3.de/Animation_06_UTC/108_30.gif

Actually I`m happy that we`re going to get another very cold spell with severe/sharp frosts to dry the landscape up.

And get another below average month I would think,there will be snow somewhere I`m sure. :whistling:

The snowdrops will be very very late this year.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

Hi Ali - thanks love - GFS 06z now confirming that my original date of

8th FEB is now our first real day of cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - so come Monday we're back in the freezer - as for snow - can't confirm anything yet - will know nearer the time - looking flippin fantastic right now though!

lol.... you are getting me a little excited now....but I will keep calm and collective...... WHOOOPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ok.... alright again now...

I'm going to make a bold prediction - a foot of snow in Wales in the middle part of next week.

You heard it here first...

oh my goodness,,,,, i won't be able to sleep at this rate. lol

Where will that come from? I expect mainly dry weather but turning very cold, with increasing snow risk at the end of next week.

Not tooooooo keen on this though. lol but 2 out of 3 aint bad. lol

Posted

The trend has put the atlantic further west even last few runs so it seems were`re heading for a very cold NE-ly again like back in January/december,only this is that direction brings very little in the way of snow showers to WEales.

I`d rather an direct east/NE flow,as wind will be north/NE or north.

May see some snow grains as it starts.

http://www2.wetter3...._UTC/108_30.gif

Actually I`m happy that we`re going to get another very cold spell with severe/sharp frosts to dry the landscape up.

And get another below average month I would think,there will be snow somewhere I`m sure. drinks.gif

The snowdrops will be very very late this year.

The snowdrops are already out just outside Lampeter - banks of them - nature just doesn't know where the hell it is over the last decade or so - much like my good self when Wales give England a tonking on Saturday afternoon.

Posted

Snowdrops out here as usual in February. Takes more than winter 2010 to upset natures rhythms.

Posted

A channel low battleground...

Remember this (ok, I was too young) I remember it well ,sad i am old enough 20 foot snow drifts gale force easterlies coudent see st helens 10 foot wall .and the only time i have seen a snowblower!in swansea.I been told the council havent got one now rusted to bits lack of use.

archives-1978-12-31-0-0.png

Edited by keithlucky