The Andy Music Thread

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

A channel low battleground...

Lets hope for a repeat of that!

Posted

OK OK!

I'm starting to get excited. I am a reformed cold ramper, so have tried not to let temptation build up inside of me. But it seems as though Andy was right.

Let's hope that we'll have cold across the whole of Wales... and not let Powys get the best of the snow.

I've had some snow, more than any other year I can remember... AND NOW I WANT MORE!!!!!

cold.gif

Posted

GFS 12z and the rest of the models continuing the theme of cold cold cold

Feeling cold cold cold - feeling cold cold cold!cold.gifcold.gifcold.gif

Posted

Unfortunately due to a blizzard around that time - Valentine's night may have to be postponedcold.gifoops.gifdoh.gifwub.gifwub.gifair_kiss.gif

Andymusic, a blizzard at that time, might just be pefect!!!

Now pull yourself together man... !rolleyes.gif

Posted

Andymusic, a blizzard at that time, might just be pefect!!!

Now pull yourself together man... !rolleyes.gif

Think of all those restaurants going out of business cause their customers can't make it!!!!!!!!!!!wallbash.gif unless they've invested in a snowmobile for TWO!yahoo.gif

What a winter olympics this is gonna be too - snow outside to add to the effects - brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Think of all those restaurants going out of business cause their customers can't make it!!!!!!!!!!!wallbash.gif unless they've invested in a snowmobile for TWO!yahoo.gif

What a winter olympics this is gonna be too - snow outside to add to the effects - brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're just going to have to wine and dine at home this year!!!!

Still, it'll save you a few bob - use it to spend on turning the heating UP UP UP!

Posted

Showing up in the reliable time frames now Andy!!

80/20 in favour of cold cold cold now id say , get it in then lets have a few snow showers perhaps!

Stalling front mixing with cold air monday over wales (just watching sky forecast at mo), snow likely over higher ground !.

Further good news for you Andy , the court date has been put back until 10th February, and i overheard the judge muttering to his colleagues, that they were worried they may not be able to make because of pending cold weather.

Plus there will be a special announcement on Sunday 7th February, and i suspect the case may not even come to court, with even a pardon and an apology issued to yourself from the queen herself.

Ok enough of all that crap,

It looks like the cold is almost nailed on,the next thing in a few days will be looking for any snow showers.

Even with no snow, i much prefer cold and crisp to mild and drizzle.

Posted

We had a great winter so far just got this feeling we heading for simular set up as 1991 when in east uk they had heavy snow which came westwards,I still think we see alot more snow this month than january.Barb dont think lp will make it to swales think we need look east for our snow next week.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

We had a great winter so far just got this feeling we heading for simular set up as 1991 when in east uk they had heavy snow which came westwards,I still think we see alot more snow this month than january.

Possibly... Cold spell ahead...Should get more snow here, February always delivers some snow anyway, its normally the coldest month.

Posted

Possibly... Cold spell ahead...Should get more snow here, February always delivers some snow anyway, its normally the coldest month.

The more I read on the model output discussion the less inclined I am to believe we in the West are going to be invited to this particular party. Having said that - 3 days ago looked like February was going to disappear into a mild and drizzly mess so hope still burns bright.

Posted

The more I read on the model output discussion the less inclined I am to believe we in the West are going to be invited to this particular party. Having said that - 3 days ago looked like February was going to disappear into a mild and drizzly mess so hope still burns bright.

I confident of seeing snow next week (looks a pretty brisk easterley)how much who knows but i sure we see snow develope over the english channel and run westwards wednesday thursday.

Posted

Will it snow in cardiff? :lol:

Posted

Don't start me off lmao, IMO model thread is biased towards SE that's all i seem to hear which is boring.

Yup that's always the case Jay! :whistling:

Posted

With a cold spell progged to last as long as this one may well do (up to ten days+) then most of the UK stands a chance of seeing the white stuff at some point!drunk.gif

Posted

Unfortunately due to a blizzard around that time - Valentine's night may have to be postponedcold.gifoops.gifdoh.gifwub.gifwub.gifair_kiss.gif

Andy i hope your wrong on this mate, i like the snow but we have booked to go away for 3 days as its half term going on 13th, the day you say valentines Blizzard, would it be possible for you to delay until the 17th please just so we can make sure we are home.

Dry and very cold until we come home then the mother of all Blizzards please lol.

Posted

Andy i hope your wrong on this mate, i like the snow but we have booked to go away for 3 days as its half term going on 13th, the day you say valentines Blizzard, would it be possible for you to delay until the 17th please just so we can make sure we are home.

Dry and very cold until we come home then the mother of all Blizzards please lol.

I will have a word with the weather gods and Mr. Groundhog to see if I can help you out at allcold.gifdirol.gif

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Andy, now is NOT the time to give in to external pressures!!!!

LOL!!!!

Posted

Andy, now is NOT the time to give in to external pressures!!!!

LOL!!!!

Well, we'll just have to see what the GFS 18z Pub run has to say tonight which starts in the next 10 minsdrinks.gif

Posted

Well, we'll just have to see what the GFS 18z Pub run has to say tonight which starts in the next 10 minsdrinks.gif

Oh dear, i hear murmurings on the model output thread, potential downgrade alert !!! Get out there Andy !! its not in the bag yet !!

Posted

Oh dear, i hear murmurings on the model output thread, potential downgrade alert !!! Get out there Andy !! its not in the bag yet !!

It's you not me this time - get out there to those lamposts and feed them the tea and hob nobs

Have faith - Andy has spoken - we will get a cold spell of some note!

On this particular GFS run it seems like British Rail we will be getting you there but not always on time - and more often than not it'll be late - so is the cold - but this is only one run and one idea of what will be ocurrin' - all models - forecasters - beeb and meto are all now locked into this cold - all forecasting the same - it's a dead cert - the form horse - sit back and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!drunk.gifcold.gifcold.gif

Posted

Have faith - Andy has spoken - we will get a cold spell of some note!

Too early to say this is a downgrade. I've read the comments too. it's just one run... and everything seems to be pointing to colder weather. It was 10c here today, so anything cooler than this wet, grey, foggy, miserable weather will be an improvement....

Posted

Too early to say this is a downgrade. I've read the comments too. it's just one run... and everything seems to be pointing to colder weather. It was 10c here today, so anything cooler than this wet, grey, foggy, miserable weather will be an improvement....

Blizzard for valentine's day still showing though and it seems to be a 2 day blizzard now - could call it "THE WELSH COLD VALENTINE'S BLIZZARD MASACRE"cold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gifcold.gif

Edited by andymusic