IGNORED

London And Southeast - Cold Spell Discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
Ian F just posted in South West thread; hope this adds to the debate on here:

"Quick note - some 'interest value' snow expected tonight; generally light accumulations; effectively from Wash across to Glos most prone but also some chance to N/S of this line; 0 - 4 cm in this swathe but highly variable.

Quick note 2: Baroclinic feature slipping southwards to possible bring snow for parts of our (eastern, generally) region Thurs into Fri.

Quick note 3: Main focus for any snow (daytime partial or whole thaw must be stressed) - next weekend; troughs (some quite broadly across southern UK) moving south as the anticipated genesis for this potential.

I do stress most snow potential this period is primarily for the E/SE and then transferring northwards in the latter stages of 6-15 day period. Kent could see some interesting totals due to convergence effects.

Can't current expand on the detail - if I get time tomorrow after work, I will.

Cheers

Ian "

:D

Posted

just took the dog out freging freezing and damp, in dover kent... neil you better put on another jumper when you go to bed tonight. ps i hope you get your windows sorted. lol....

Posted

just took the dog out freging freezing and damp, in dover kent... neil you better put on another jumper when you go to bed tonight. ps i hope you get your windows sorted. lol....

:D Two more weeks :)

Posted

Just went to put the bin out for the noisey buggers in the morning (06:00 collection, dont they realise some of us dont need to be up for work until 07:00) and its still a sleety mix of drizzly type percip out.

Nothing settling just a damp floor.

Temp now +3c

Edited by Blake7

Posted

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

Just experienced a very heavy fine hail/sleet shower that lasted for a good few minutes, this following on from rainy/sleety showers on and off throughout the evening, bodes well for tomorrow/Tuesday when the colder, less marginal air starts to move in.

To add to that: Looks like some pretty nice showers developing off the North-Sea from the NE/ENE, convective potential certainly + increased stability as colder uppers come in from the East... Good signs for some decent snow showers for the early part of this week IMO.

Edited by Kentish Kiwi

Posted

hi everyone long time lurker...

Really hoping for some snow, just took dog out for a walk and it certainly feels a lot colder than the last few nights.

Only thing is I have a flight to catch this Sunday... surely going to miss out!

Posted

hi everyone long time lurker...

Really hoping for some snow, just took dog out for a walk and it certainly feels a lot colder than the last few nights.

Only thing is I have a flight to catch this Sunday... surely going to miss out!

welcome to NW msx. looks like you will be missing out unless your flight is to the East coast USA

although i stand by my feelings that London will just see showers this week, and if all goes to plan week starting 14th may see better chances. :)

Posted

welcome to NW msx. looks like you will be missing out unless your flight is to the East coast USA

although i stand by my feelings that London will just see showers this week, and if all goes to plan week starting 14th may see better chances. :)

cheers,

fingers crossed for a snow day this friday perhaps...

Posted

Fine drizzle/sleet mix at the moment

Posted

ppn is really gearing up in the SE. More ppn spreading in from the North Sea according to the radar. It's going to be an interesting night into tomorrow :) :) :) :)

Posted

home or work dallas?

Alright Maf,

Home tonight, guess your working in town

Posted

Had rain here earlier tonight, temps very slow to fall <_< still 3.3C. Going North to Arundel tomorrow :rofl: Perhaps a few miles north of the coast will be more likely to get the odd snow shower? Almost certainly wishful thinking. :nea:

Posted

sorry, are we in the south east expecting snow showers tonight then I thought it was not until wed/thu for the snow???

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Just a wintry mix for tonight/tomorrow - any snow not amounting to anything except perhaps a little dusting on higher ground.

Proper chances of snow get better later in the weeksmile.gif

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted

Alright Maf,

Home tonight, guess your working in town

hello Dallas, yep working tonight. and tomorrow night and Wednesday night. so hopefully i will be going home thursday morning and see some snow coming down

Posted

hello Dallas, yep working tonight. and tomorrow night and Wednesday night. so hopefully i will be going home thursday morning and see some snow coming down

No doubt there will be some fun with the trains in the near future <_<

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

What can i say, some very encouraging signs tonight ive got a temp of1.7c and my dewpoint is already at 0c.

Wasebt expecting that so quickly, two hours ago the dewpoints were at +2c

Posted

No doubt there will be some fun with the trains in the near future rolleyes.gif

mate, dont get me started about southeastern trains <_< they dont need snow to mess everyone about. was supposed to get a tube from cannon street tonight as no trains to charing cross. nope, got to cannon st to be told we had to walk to mansion house to get a tube to embankment. ok for me been able bodied and not minding a little walk. but not for less abled/elderly and anyone who didnt know how to get to mansion house nonono.gif

Posted

mate, dont get me started about southeastern trains <_< they dont need snow to mess everyone about. was supposed to get a tube from cannon street tonight as no trains to charing cross. nope, got to cannon st to be told we had to walk to mansion house to get a tube to embankment. ok for me been able bodied and not minding a little walk. but not for less abled/elderly and anyone who didnt know how to get to mansion house nonono.gif

Make you right there!

Hope your shift pattern works out so the snow comes when your off, seems like the latter part of the week and into the next will be the disruptive stuff.

Got my daughter visiting from Canada on the 18th, would be ironic if UK snow affected her flght :rofl:

Posted

Drizzle/Sleet gone now, so thats me off too, forsee alot of radar watch next week,

night all <_<