Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Welsh Cold Weather Discussion Thread

J10

Posted

That is interesting, that has happened quite a few times this winter. Did anyone see the countryfile forecast? Missed it

Yes!

Snow showers all week - south/east being best.

Thursday/Friday look better for Wales with some more persistent snow off North Sea.

Copied from model outlook:

"yep excellent charts from the ecm noticed the peeps on the country file forecast very confident cold staying with us snow coming peeps even for western side of england.

and to top it off the high does slip off towards greenland.

so couple this with the models game on for cold snow woop woop:drinks:"

Obviously, Wales is considered either insignificant or an extra bit of England.

From the Country Tracks forecast I saw earlier it did mention the chance of snow for Wales towards the end of the week, but the majority of any snow further east, which is to be expected.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Yes!

Snow showers all week - south/east being best.

Thursday/Friday look better for Wales with some more persistent snow off North Sea.

Is there anywhere i can watch it again? I'm sure i've seen a countryfile replay before//

Posted

the real cold will comecold.gif

I hope so.

I think that shivering emoticon is not neccesary Andy, i can understand what you are saying without the need for emoticons.

Getting a bit silly i think.

Posted

I hope so.

I think that shivering emoticon is not neccesary Andy, i can understand what you are saying without the need for emoticons.

Getting a bit silly i think.

Totally agree pascals - I think the smile emoticons should be band - trivialises the weather which is gonna be slight flurries until next weekend when we should see some snow with temps getting lower and lower as the week progressescold.gifcold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Totally agree pascals - I think the smile emoticons should be band - trivialises the weather which is gonna be slight flurries until next weekend when we should see some snow with temps getting lower and lower as the week progressescold.gifcold.gif

Why ban them lol they are not even used that much.

Posted
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: SACRA member
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL

I think some of the flurries will be more of a light to moderate shower in nature as the week goes on especially into wednesday and thursday and beyond. Whatever happens this week, there's certainly going to be a very wintry feel about it all and that'sall I need to get some excitement going through my veins...any showers will be of light snow, possibly blowing about and sometimes heavier than others. there's going to be freezing temperatures during the nights again and a distinct poissible of crisp crunchy mornings are set to happen and then if all goes to plan...some more significant snowfall from either the North or the east from lows pishing westwards towards us off the continent. My money is on the northerlies to dig in and bring some very unstable air down and accross the UK with heavy snow showers for all. I dont care where it comnes from just send it.

Posted

Why ban them lol they are not even used that much.

Yes, i do think that the emoticons dont really add anything to the debate.

Often when composing a post , i find my right eye distracted by those pesky emoticons.

There really is no need to add a pictoral message, when simple text will suffice.

Freezing cold weather really isnt fun for some people.

Posted

I am going to Tignes next month. I'm hopefully not going to miss out on any Welsh snow. I've already made sure I fit into my ski suit after the last big snow.

I love the sound of crisp snow under foot under a bright moonlit sky.

Posted

Yes, i do think that the emoticons dont really add anything to the debate.

Often when composing a post , i find my right eye distracted by those pesky emoticons.

There really is no need to add a pictoral message, when simple text will suffice.

Freezing cold weather really isnt fun for some people.

INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - snow flurries are now massing on our borders - eastern borders!!!!!!!!!!! - coming in from the midlands (says raintoday radar)

Pascals - what's your left eye doing then????crazy.gif

I am going to Tignes next month. I'm hopefully not going to miss out on any Welsh snow. I've already made sure I fit into my ski suit after the last big snow.

Sounds fantastic babe - went to the cairngorms on my last sking trip - thoroughly enjoyed it - been to Austria and Italy too - you have a great time in France!!!!!!

Posted

INCOMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - snow flurries are now massing on our borders - eastern borders!!!!!!!!!!! - coming in from the midlands (says raintoday radar)

Pascals - what's your left eye doing then????crazy.gif

Sounds fantastic babe - went to the cairngorms on my last sking trip - thoroughly enjoyed it - been to Austria and Italy too - you have a great time in France!!!!!!

Are you saying that there will be snow on the day you forecast it to do so Andy?

You were the only one who got this one bang on!

No one else came close.

I know how you did it ,not the conventional method of forecasting one should add though.

Posted

Are you saying that there will be snow on the day you forecast it to do so Andy?

You were the only one who got this one bang on!

No one else came close.

I know how you did it ,not the conventional method of forecasting one should add though.

Yes, we may well have snow flurries on the day I said the cold would begin Pascals

Thank you kindly sir!!!!!!!

well there was a certain mammal involved

Just been outside to let the dogs out and can't see the stars right now so there is cloud cover holding the temps up a bit but there is a biting north easterly wind and those slight flurries are fast approaching - who knows - the first of many over the coming weeks - couple of flakes of snow arriving shortly may be. Gonna be an icy timecold.gif for coldies all over the country once again this winter will deliver!

Posted

From the Country Tracks forecast I saw earlier it did mention the chance of snow for Wales towards the end of the week, but the majority of any snow further east, which is to be expected.

Just seen new24 precipatation becoming more widespread wed night thursday ,seems to be upgrading the potential of a fair few showers ,you will also see weather warning be put out for central eastern parts for thursday with widespread disruptive snow .

Posted

Yes, we may well have snow flurries on the day I said the cold would begin Pascals

Thank you kindly sir!!!!!!!

well there was a certain mammal involved

Just been outside to let the dogs out and can't see the stars right now so there is cloud cover holding the temps up a bit but there is a biting north easterly wind and those slight flurries are fast approaching - who knows - the first of many over the coming weeks - couple of flakes of snow arriving shortly may be. Gonna be an icy timecold.gif for coldies all over the country once again this winter will deliver!

There is a lot of sporadic green shown on the radar, so thats surely snow over the higher/highest ground in wales.

Snow in a few hours for those in east wales maybe, that would be almost within minutes of 8th February if not absolutely bang on 0000hrs 8th february.

Come on everyone, round of applause for mr music.clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

I have only used these emoticons as they simulate a round of applause.

I have not used these emoticons for the smile on their faces.

I would prefer a clapping emoticon which showed no facial emotional expression.

Posted

There is a lot of sporadic green shown on the radar, so thats surely snow over the higher/highest ground in wales.

Snow in a few hours for those in east wales maybe, that would be almost within minutes of 8th February if not absolutely bang on 0000hrs 8th february.

Come on everyone, round of applause for mr music.clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

I have only used these emoticons as they simulate a round of applause.

I have not used these emoticons for the smile on their faces.

I would prefer a clapping emoticon which showed no facial emotional expression.

Thank you once again kind sir!

Anyone fancy one of the top jobs in Wales with all the snow you can cope with????????cold.gif

Just seen the job advert for a manager for the top of Snowdon - plenty of wind, rain, snow, sun, and wayward climbers oh and if you like you can sleep over as wellcrazy.gif

Posted

Andy the ramper starts again :D haha in all fairness i was convinced i had sleet this morning so snow flurries with all this moisture tonight is defietly a possibility any where.

Keep track of the regular Alps Snow Forecast Here.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/61200-alps-forecast-14/

And Discussion thread here

-------------------------------

For those wishing to ramp, this point from Glacier Point is a good starting point.

Posted

Andy the ramper starts again tongue.gif haha in all fairness i was convinced i had sleet this morning so snow flurries with all this moisture tonight is defietly a possibility any where.

Fair play though , he has taken some stick , but Feb 8th is his day.

Join hands and all aboard the snow train !! choo choo.

The cold spell has started, it will be a rollercoaster ride for sure !

Jump aboard the andymusic snow train , captained by andymusic.

Its feeling a bit nippy here in swansea now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Keep track of the regular Alps Snow Forecast Here.

http://forum.netweat...ps-forecast-14/

And Discussion thread here http://forum.netweat...7entry1609637

-------------------------------

For those wishing to ramp, this point from Glacier Point is a good starting point.

http://forum.netweat...ost__p__1767529

Thanks from me aswell. Off to Flaine Foret end of march/start of april.

Has anyone got any reports regarding the resort?

More importantly, I'm hoping for a good week's skiing - any experience of Flaine?

O

Posted

Whilst reading the links i quickly thought....

Glacier point must have discussed this with our leader?

Snow around valentines day......now let me think????

Who on here has already mentioned that ages ago?

Yes the one and only.

Another carriage added to the snow train.

Is there anybody on this forum that has any kind of snow yet?

Very small light patchy areas are popping up but not quite snow yet.... or maybe someone can confirm the first flakes of this new spell?

Posted

Whilst reading the links i quickly thought....

Glacier point must have discussed this with our leader?

Snow around valentines day......now let me think????

Who on here has already mentioned that ages ago?

Yes the one and only.

Another carriage added to the snow train.

Is there anybody on this forum that has any kind of snow yet?

Very small light patchy areas are popping up but not quite snow yet.... or maybe someone can confirm the first flakes of this new spell?

Just coming into Monmouth now - few flakes - nothing more - gotta start somewhere thoughhi.gif

Posted

GFS 18z keeping the theme going nicely cold and snow opportunities in abundance!cold.gif

Even though this cold spell is starting "slowly" - the potential from next weekend onwards is enormous for a very very snowy picture - so once again I say - get your supplies in - fill the larder!

GFS 18z keeping the theme going nicely cold and snow opportunities in abundance!cold.gif

Even though this cold spell is starting "slowly" - the potential from next weekend onwards is enormous for a very very snowy picture - so once again I say - get your supplies in - fill the larder!

That northerly from around next weekend could be interesting to say the least.