Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Further snow showers will become prolonged at times across Kent through Wednesday afternoon, Wednesday night and into Thursday morning. A few centimetres of fresh snow could accumulate locally during Wednesday afternoon, although by Thursday morning there will be fresh accumulations of 2 to 5 cm in general. 5 to 10 cm are possible locally in the east where there is a low risk of up to 15 cm accumulating. Some drifting of snow is likely in a strong north to northeasterly wind.

:rolleyes:

Posted

Oh my goodness. If what we just had here wasn't even part of tonights snow fall we are in for a treat. :rolleyes:

It wasn't even a shower, more like a monster shower. I would class it as blizzard conditions.

Blinding snow, strong gusting winds, people were running for cover out the back! :D:D

Posted

29bjchy.jpg

:rolleyes:

Posted

Yes I agree thats the way Im seeing it, up until now only had a brief shower this morning here, but looking at the radar they have really beefed up this afternoon, heres to more drinks.gif

drinks.gif deffo here's to more! that shower has just hit us and was quite heavy! its having a break at the moment and i can see blue sky too! few more showers, but i can see it goes quiet, but cant see anymore showers after that yet!? :rolleyes:

Posted

Hi Finny I am on nights at Pfizers tonight so could you give me an update on the roads etc

Thanks

my house mate is there now on security, whitfield to eastry bypass was down to 1 lane but snow plough was clearing it, starting to drift a bit off the fields, not as bad as in january,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Yayy!!! Essex has gone orange on the met office website!! yahoo.gif

Am I right in thinking there is more activity in the north sea than was predicted? Looks to be lots of showers out there on the radar this afternoon, I've got everything crossed that some make it to me whistling.gif

a day a go most of us thought just kent would have the heavy ones now its the day and more warnings appear ,its hard to be exact in these conditions, i would think some areas would be quite disrupted this rush hr!shok.gifcold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

drinks.gif deffo here's to more! that shower has just hit us and was quite heavy! its having a break at the moment and i can see blue sky too! few more showers, but i can see it goes quiet, but cant see anymore showers after that yet!? sad.gif

There are a few around Ipswich that may develop into more the nearer they get to us, heres hoping. More potential around then there was around midday so thats something

Edited by Essexgooner

Posted

Blizzard like conditions again :yahoo:

EDIT : WOW! what a snow shower :help: :help:

Edited by neilsouth

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

ive spotted this to...anyone?shok.gif

post-11361-12658174216117_thumb.jpg

Posted

yups we got a heafty 10-15 min shower here in Westcliff-Southend, temp dropped dramatically. Nice gusting of the wind too with that shower. I registered 32.6mph., Now its -0.3 degrees lookin on the radar it looks promising however Kent is gona get hammered it seems

Posted

Oh my goodness. If what we just had here wasn't even part of tonights snow fall we are in for a treat. :yahoo:

It wasn't even a shower, more like a monster shower. I would class it as blizzard conditions.

Blinding snow, strong gusting winds, people were running for cover out the back! :help::help:

I'd agree! Started about 2.15 when I was in Folkestone...by the time the bus finally struggled back up the hill to Hawkinge it was actually a white out! First one I've seen in a few years :) The last lot of snow in January tended to be lots of fine light snow over a long period - this time it's been intense blasts over a short time, so far approaching two inches where the wind can't get to it

Posted

29bjchy.jpg

unknw.gif

as circled earlier to

Posted

This is now the BEST winter in years , i wanted to see very heavy snow i got to see it. I wanted to see blizzard like conditions i saw it

All those people in the model section that said " WINDS LOOK TO SLACK " or " The high pressure is further south , doesn't look good " have got it COMPLETELY wrong.

AMAZING!!!!!!! 2009/10 will go down as a classic here :yahoo::help: :help:

Posted

Any of you guys got a image showing the area circled over a period of hours to see the direction?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

wow!!!!!!!!!! never seen it snow like that. Incredible.

Guest FireStorm

The showers that are popping up now just go to show why relying on precip charts and asking about snowfall/depths so many days before its arrived is pointless.

Snow is generally the safest bet to nowcasting and not forecasting as is evident currently

Posted

wow!!!!!!!!!! never seen it snow like that. Incredible.

I know , it was like being in the states for a few moments :yahoo:

Posted

Any of you guys got a image showing the area circled over a period of hours to see the direction?

sat 24 this should loopsmile.gif ive been watching this as i and neil have circled it

Is that little lot coming my way Nimbulus? I hope so!

looks that way ive posted sat24 link it does seem like it is coming for later tonight drunk.gif Edited by nimbilus

Posted

as circled earlier to

Just had a look on the Netweather radar and the prcip under that is just really light. Doesn't seem like much?

ED: or should i say, anything spectacular?

Edited by JamieUK