Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Coast

Posted

If anyone wants to know why the Met O warnings have been removed for the SE then check my post in the model discussion thread.

Basically the stalling front stalls further NW than yesterdays output suggested.

Posted

If anyone wants to know why the Met O warnings have been removed for the SE then check my post in the model discussion thread.

Basically the stalling front stalls further NW than yesterdays output suggested.

Wow, watched the snow go west, north and especially south-east of here, and just as i thought i might get something it **** off further north-west.

Posted

Thx TEITS

As TEITS says in the model thread the cold uppers are much further south on the GFS 6z.

As fronts push up from the south this week into the weekend there remains a risk of some frontal snow, especially for members more north of the region where marginalty will reduce

Edited by thegreat316

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Yup, as expected its all over for us to the SE of London, pile of old b@@%%***!!

We were in the honey pot here in NW Kent, SE London for once and had room to manouvre a bit North, or South, but its all moves way, way too far north!! :o :angry::angry::):):wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Can confirm in Canterbury ,really light snow grains falling from a virtually cloudless sky with bright sunshine ,wierd

Yuo, theres snow showers trying to move East with more very cold -10hpa air but it wont make it because of that stupid low moving down from the North that will push all the cold air back into Europe by this evening.

Although this low from the North had the potention of being a slider, now that could have been very interesting, but it was not to be.

Edited by snowray

Guest FireStorm

Well I will be very surprised if the SE pulls more snowfall out of the bag besides the "spring snow" which falls heavily and is slush by late morning looking at the ECM. The majority of our region has done exceptionally well for what's been tagged as a even larger teapot.

I'd imagine that would be my winter season over for true wintry weather and expect to see it remaining fairly cold still but with my interest turning to spring with mature CB's exploding into the sky from strongish sun and cool upper temps and hopefully numerous thunderstorms and a fantastic summer following suit from the most memorable winter in many many years

Posted

Well I will be very surprised if the SE pulls more snowfall out of the bag besides the "spring snow" which falls heavily and is slush by late morning looking at the ECM. The majority of our region has done exceptionally well for what's been tagged as a even larger teapot.

I'd imagine that would be my winter season over for true wintry weather and expect to see it remaining fairly cold still but with my interest turning to spring with mature CB's exploding into the sky from strongish sun and cool upper temps and hopefully numerous thunderstorms and a fantastic summer following suit from the most memorable winter in many many years

I'll go with most of those sentiments but even April has pulled something out of the bag in the last few years, so never say never! I am eagerly awaiting the thunderstorm season though :doh: