Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

Hi, I'm from Canterbury where they speak english. Could you please translate?

Luddite! :o

Edited by Lazarus

Posted

I lol'd, truck has been wheel spinning outside my house for about 15 minutes, he just got it to move... roads aren't clear, gritter went around its normal route earlier this morning but seemed to be spreading to salt.

The truck was funny though, had it on full revs, I think it's ripped up the road surface a little, hard to tell lol

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Two cars stuck at the bottom of the hill...

Snowing here Again

sarah7meme , not so great... cars are kinda using the roads but alot of schools closed !

Edited by neilsouth

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

roads aren't clear, gritter went around its normal route earlier this morning but seemed to be spreading to salt.

Erm.... salt is what they normally spread. Salty water has a lower freezing point than fresh. The rock salt sometime has a little grit in it normally straight out of the ground.

Posted

Erm.... salt is what they normally spread. Salty water has a lower freezing point than fresh. The rock salt sometime has a little grit in it normally straight out of the ground.

I said salt, but they are called gritters :o

I did put 'to salt' rather than 'no salt' by mistake

Edited by Updraft

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and dry

Luddite! :o

Sorry, never got the whole twitter thing. Just seems to be a combination of people who think their lives are important enough (which they aren't) to share with the whole world and people whose lives are so dull (which they are) they choose to follow someone elses instead.

Snowing again :o

Posted

very quiet here on the roads in SE London, not many people travelling in from Kent i suppose. just watching BBC24 showing pictures of Dover amazing amount overnight. as Nick said earlier, a few miles difference and we have nothing here at all

Posted

very quiet here on the roads in SE London, not many people travelling in from Kent i suppose. just watching BBC24 showing pictures of Dover amazing amount overnight. as Nick said earlier, a few miles difference and we have nothing here at all

Same here, I'm in Brighton but friends in Eastbourne have 4-5 inches but we have NOTHING! wallbash.gif

Posted

Blizzard like conditions again , car's stuck on the hill :o :o

Posted

Snowing again in woodchurch lots of big flakes comming down hard too!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Crumbs started heavy again down here, just walked to the shops and slipped on the roads which are now compacted snow with huge drifts. A bus was stuck at the bottom of our hill.

Totaly amazing almost 5 inches level now!

Posted

Just keeps on falling!

Great pics ^^

WOW heaviest snowfall of the day :clap::help: :help:

Edited by neilsouth

Posted

good to see some of those who missed out on earlier snow getting a look in-some of the photos are good to look at.

The vagaries of snow showers is well shown by that post from Nick F and the radar shot showing just how much difference a few miles makes.

Posted

We are now touching 10cm , incredible :clap:

Posted

Quite a bit here. Must have started at 5am or so because the milkman didn't leave any footprints. 4-5" I'd guess. Nice looking streamer on the radar.

post-11069-12658820041817_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Be interesting to see if the temps get as high as the BBC said they would today, still snow showers and as i speak still -0.3. They did mention 3 or 4c?

Posted

Well we had a lot of snow in Ramsgate overnight and into this morning ... I had to turn around and come back home to Ramsgate as I could'nt make it to work at Manston ( normal 5 min drive ) as there were jack knifed lorries, shunts and snow blowing off the feilds making viz worse than fog !!!

It took 55 minuites to get to the outskirts of Mantson villiage where I stayed in a long traffic jam for another 30 minuites before making the desicion to turn back.

In all I saw 8 car shunts and 2 stranded lorries with word of another 3 lorries jack knifed along the main airport road which is what apparently caused the traffic to stop dead and not move. Even the back way around the airport along the Canterbury road and the A299 thanet way were closed due to incidents so there was no alternative ...

I dont think the council have touch any roads with grit or salt as even A roads are snowed in with 6 inches or more in drifts wallbash.gif

Anyway, another heavy shower passing through now filling in my footprints and tyre tracks from earlier with the temp at +1.1c.

Loads of emergency vehicle sirens but cant see them as the traffic has jammed up the roads, I feel sorry for anyone who need the emergency services today as they will and are struggling to get around nea.gif .

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Quite a bit here. Must have started at 5am or so because the milkman didn't leave any footprints. 4-5" I'd guess. Nice looking streamer on the radar.

Not sure where you are, but after the evening snow showers, there was an almighty snowstorm after midnight - heaviest snow falling I have seen this winter. I was surprised there wasn't any thunder snow - not that I saw or heard anyway. It was the type of snow that the event in Jan 2004 gave. The wind really started getting up at the same time and it was blowing the snow off the roof tops, the road, and off the tops of cars. Couldn't see to the end of my road.

Haven't been out yet but lots of very thick snow out there and a few snow showers still falling.

Great fun!clap.gif

Posted

Not sure where you are, but after the evening snow showers, there was an almighty snowstorm after midnight - heaviest snow falling I have seen this winter. I was surprised there wasn't any thunder snow - not that I saw or heard anyway. It was the type of snow that the event in Jan 2004 gave. The wind really started getting up at the same time and it was blowing the snow off the roof tops, the road, and off the tops of cars. Couldn't see to the end of my road.

Haven't been out yet but lots of very thick snow out there and a few snow showers still falling.

Great fun!clap.gif

Thundersnow this morning about 5.45, no schools, no buses and hardly any cars going anywhere. Stopped for the moment, but the sky is getting very dark again