Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Coast

Posted

Crumbs started heavy again down here, just walked to the shops and slipped on the roads which are now compacted snow with huge drifts. A bus was stuck at the bottom of our hill.

Totaly amazing almost 5 inches level now!

Which hill is that Jason?

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Thundersnow this morning about 5.45, no schools, no buses and hardly any cars going anywhere. Stopped for the moment, but the sky is getting very dark again

I read through the posts since I logged off around 2am this morning and noticed the reports of thundersnow around your area at that time!

No-one is moving much around here either - looks like people are taking a day to play in the snow!biggrin.gif

The streamer off the north sea is just showing signs of reducing now on the latest couple of updates.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

Thundersnow this morning about 5.45, no schools, no buses and hardly any cars going anywhere. Stopped for the moment, but the sky is getting very dark again

Yep, seconded. Woken around the same time by thunder... PC was toast this morning!

Posted

Absolutely chuffed when I woke up this morning to find extra snow and drifts!. A real snow fest in this corner of Kent. :D I think this is the most I've seen since 1987. Snow varies as the wind has blown it. From 4 to 8 inches most places and more in drifts. Excellent!. :yahoo::cold: Cars can't get out, one tried and got halfway across the road and got stuck their back wheels kept spinning then they gave up and had to use a shovel to free the wheels so they could drive back into the parking spot again. Hardy any cars on the road. People walking their dogs down the middle of the road. Drifts of about 1 feet around cars and 2 feet up against walls and fences. Stunning!.

Some photos:

Posted

Still snowing back in Eastbourne but the radio indicated Mid and West Sussex were clear so I wandered into work.

post-6667-12658847789617_thumb.jpg

post-6667-12658847894117_thumb.jpg

post-6667-12658848041517_thumb.jpg

post-6667-12658848165317_thumb.jpg

Posted

Another big shower moving through Canterbury. No chance of getting to Manston today.

Dont even attempt it ... its a losing battle closedeyes.gif

A series of heavy snow showers, each shower lasting 15 - 20 mins, a gap of 5 mins followed by the next heavy snow shower ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

Heavy snow again in Folkestone! Tried to put the recycling out, couldn't find the bin!

Posted

Hope everyone is enjoying their snow - sorry to say we are snowless in medway :yahoo: but it is quite windy and cold - lots of lovely sunshine - think i can see the leading egde of the snowclouds - sooooooo close - sob sob x x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Which hill is that Jason?

Morning Callie,

I say hill but its more a slope! its the slope that leads down to langney shopping center, i live at the bottom of the slope/road. What a suprise i just peeped out again and its bucketing it down!!

Edit: Oh they just showed a pic of snowy beaches in Eastbourne on the weather on BBC news 24.

Edited by jasonuk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

i would say i think we in rural 120asl lyminge probably are one of worst affected - yee ha! go us! i am sadistically pleased that north kent/medway can feel our pain of previous snow 'misses' - next time share! there is enough for all :yahoo:

Posted

Ive finally come to the conclusion that the Metoffice.gov web site is a total waste of time and too unreliable ...

They really dont forcast warnings until the severe weather is pretty much on your doorstep ... then all I need to do is look out the window for a forcast.

No wonder councils dont get grit or salt on the roads in time if they rely on the UK Metoffice, they should start using NetWeather.tv for there forcasts as you guys on the forums, all forcasting threads here get it spot on a good 5 - 7 days in advance clap.gif

Posted

Morning Callie,

I say hill but its more a slope! its the slope that leads down to langney shopping center, i live at the bottom of the slope/road. What a suprise i just peeped out again and its bucketing it down!!

Edit: Oh they just showed a pic of snowy beaches in Eastbourne on the weather on BBC news 24.

The Long Man of Wilmington, on a Skiing holiday! :

post-6667-12658856587617_thumb.jpg

Posted

This is my back garden, loads of snow :yahoo:

You're so posh up that end of Stone Cross!

Posted

The Long Man of Wilmington, on a Skiing holiday! :

post-6667-12658856587617_thumb.jpg

Could of done with ski's when i popped out earlier, dead embarrasing slipping and falling right on me bum!

Posted

Could of done with ski's when i popped out earlier, dead embarrasing slipping and falling right on me bum!

:yahoo: Is it still snowing down there?

Posted

Ive finally come to the conclusion that the Metoffice.gov web site is a total waste of time and too unreliable ...

They really dont forcast warnings until the severe weather is pretty much on your doorstep ... then all I need to do is look out the window for a forcast.

No wonder councils dont get grit or salt on the roads in time if they rely on the UK Metoffice, they should start using NetWeather.tv for there forcasts as you guys on the forums, all forcasting threads here get it spot on a good 5 - 7 days in advance clap.gif

Here Here, Well done NW forum peeps! I never bother with the BBC or Met office websites any more either

!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

well i am starting to think i need to clear my windows of snow as the snow is building up them so high now i cant see the snow falling against the back drop of trees. did i say snow, meant blizzard come snow storm that has been in situ about 30 mins, thinking MUST be min 12 inches now. also had to de snow back door as refused to shut - so much fun!

Posted

well i am starting to think i need to clear my windows of snow as the snow is building up them so high now i cant see the snow falling against the back drop of trees. did i say snow, meant blizzard come snow storm that has been in situ about 30 mins, thinking MUST be min 12 inches now. also had to de snow back door as refused to shut - so much fun!

Enjoy it while you can I say.yahoo.gif

My hopes have now turned towards next week...

Posted

:nonono: Is it still snowing down there?

On and off matey moderately, looks like we still have a few showers to come though in the next few hours.

Wahoo 5 inches, and much deeper in the drifts!

Coming down harder again (im in danger of repeating myself a fair few times here.

post-157-12658870943117_thumb.jpg

post-157-12658871228117_thumb.jpg