Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Final snow count - 9 1/2 to 10cm which is far more than even i expected :nonono: :nonono:

Posted

My hopes have now turned towards next week...

Latest model output looking good, but a long way to go yet. Unfortunately I have to go travelling around SW London and Berkshire on Tuesday - I'm not letting that dampen my enthusiasm for a second shot though! :nonono:

On and off matey moderately, looks like we still have a few showers to come though in the next few hours.

Wahoo 5 inches, and much deeper in the drifts!

Wonderful! Keep it going until about 6.30pm please!

Posted

Streamer seems to be dying out. The Meteox.nl site sees snow until about 2pm and then nothing.

Kent Borders poster....I'm in Staplecross TN32 5QW (near Bodiam Castle)

Posted

bright and sunny here in SE London, but the wind is bitter. just had a gust that was strong enough to blow my nieghbours wheelie bin over. glad i am home from walking the dog as wind was going right through me

a good link for Met O if you dont have Netweather Extra Radar :nonono:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/pws/invent/weathermap/

Posted

Well done everyone, i'm really happy for all of you with lots of snow.

Just a dusting here first thing this morning and it was bitterly cold overnight Brrrrr

And now we have next week to look forward toyahoo.gif

Edited by snowydayz

Posted

Wow, congrats to all those in E Kent who have some good depths.

How localised is this!!

Looks like anywhere East of a line from Herne Bay down to Eastbourne is copping it. Pratically splitting Kent in half.

Here in Southend. A dusting overnight, now sunny with scattered clouds and a brisk wind. Boring!

Edited by LeighShrimper

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

:D 8 inches of snow here, and still falling, although lighter now.

Snow drifts of up to five foot in Hastings Country park (very high ground exposed to the Northeaster)

Biggest drifts i have seen since the 1980s here.

:cold:

Posted

Drip Drip Drip Drip , awwww the suns doing it's work

Atleast it was one amazing snow spell that won't be forgotten :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

hi all! great pics!smile.gif for those that had nothing( i got sprinkle)there might be some light snow early hrs tonight into tomodrinks.gif .

more chances for the se over next few daysdrunk.gif

Edited by nimbilus

Posted

Wow, congrats to all those in E Kent who have some good depths.

How localised is this!!

Looks like anywhere East of a line from Herne Bay down to Eastbourne is copping it. Pratically splitting Kent in half.

Here in Southend. A dusting overnight, now sunny with scattered clouds and a brisk wind. Boring!

Sounds very much like December 2005 to me where eastern Kent got really nailed whilst some areas NW/W of there got hardly nothing...

Still not all that surprising that a streamer set-up in this flow, they usually do!

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

biggrin.gif 8 inches of snow here, and still falling, although lighter now.

Snow drifts of up to five foot in Hastings Country park (very high ground exposed to the Northeaster)

Biggest drifts i have seen since the 1980s here.

cold.gif

It does really blow up there! I remember being up at North Seat back in Feb 2005 and watching a snow squall come in and the visibility getting blotted out as it approaches. There is nothing to stop the wind and the showers from that high bit of ground as you look right across the flat land towards Winchelsea, Rye and then all points NE towards Canterbury. Great vantage pointgood.gif Not quite the Pennines - but you get my drift (ha harofl.gif )

I bet it is quite spectacular up there atm!

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted

It does really blow up there! I remember being up at North Seat back in Feb 2005 and watching a snow squall come in and the visibility getting blotted out as it approaches. There is nothing to stop the wind and the showers from that high bit of ground as you look right across the flat land towards Winchelsea, Rye and then all points NE towards Canterbury. Great vantage pointgood.gif Not quite the Pennines - but you get my drift (ha harofl.gif )

I bet it is quite spectacular up there atm!

:cold: I left home at 0830, and wandered slowly up there. Got home half an hour ago, very cold but thrilled at what i had witnessed.

From the Coastgaurd cottages and the old lookout station you can see across to Dover as you say.

So of course i stood there in blowing snow watching the next snow shower head for me across the marshes then Wham, another blizzard.Certainly better than radar watching!

The worst drifts were by the cottages, folk litteraly digging there cars out.

A memorable event would be an understatement...and still snowing here.

Great! Going to take photos? :D:D

Still snowing here on and off, moderate then heavy then light again.

:D Yes, ive spent most of the morning snapping away and filming.

I stood there filming these poor folk trying to dig there car out of a drift, i had to lend a hand of course rather than just wander off into the blizzard again!

Posted

There are some real idiot drivers on the road , all these drivers with their years of experience driving like complete twats... Revving the bleep of their cars ending up going sideways , instead of taking it slow but constant they just keep revving!. This bloke at the bottom spent the last 40mins last night revving the car , wheel spinning and not moving and again this morning !. :cold:

Posted

Good to see that some in the South East have done well out of this cold spell with some impressive snow depths and some great pictures, too. Back IMBY, woke up to an icing sugar like dusting this morning. Nothing exciting, but a little snow nevertheless. However, in Weybridge where I work there was absolutely nothing.

Posted

snowing again here albeit very light fine stuff, cant beleive it is still here!! wasnt expecting anything to last this long!! :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

There are some real idiot drivers on the road , all these drivers with their years of experience driving like complete twats... Revving the bleep of their cars ending up going sideways , instead of taking it slow but constant they just keep revving!. This bloke at the bottom spent the last 40mins last night revving the car , wheel spinning and not moving and again this morning !. wallbash.gif

Hi mate

glad you got the snow dont know if you realise your little swear word on the first line,does not bother me LOL,in fact totaaly agree with you

just might offend some on here

C.S

Posted

10" in Reading, 8 in Kent...

Geez, where's my dummy so I can spit it out! Congrats to those who got it, hope there's a last bit left in winter for us in London.

Posted

10" in Reading, 8 in Kent...

Geez, where's my dummy so I can spit it out! Congrats to those who got it, hope there's a last bit left in winter for us in London.

Wow...so us Brightonians have snow to our east and north but we have none.. amazing bad luck really.dry.gif