Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

mmmm maybe? :lol:

Cool, I got some support already. :lol:

When can we get started though? Be nice to get the job done by the start of next Winter at the latest, but might take a bit longer with just the 2 of us digging! :good:

Make that three lol I'm in

OMG, I love it!! :blink:

And look, theres still lots of snow around, usually every little bit of snow is scraped up to make such a big one!

Posted

lol, I must admit, he's only about 3 foot tall. still I love it, Wanted my sister and aunty to make one with 'woman features' but they said no :blink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

looks like some snow shrs heading towards us...anyone?smile.gif ive circled the rocky type cloud im interested in.

post-11361-12659044300517_thumb.png

post-11361-12659046778017_thumb.png

Edited by nimbilus

Posted

Hi Guys,am loving all your pics,hope you have all had a great day playing in the snow,does anyone know what the weather is meant to be like in Brighton over the next few days? drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Hi Guys,am loving all your pics,hope you have all had a great day playing in the snow,does anyone know what the weather is meant to be like in Brighton over the next few days? drinks.gif

could be a dusting tonight by morning and snow shrs fri night into satdrunk.gif

post-11361-12659055702517_thumb.gif

post-11361-12659055784417_thumb.gif

post-11361-12659055848317_thumb.gif

post-11361-12659056006417_thumb.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

looks like some snow shrs heading towards us...anyone?smile.gif ive circled the rocky type cloud im interested in.

Now thats interesting. Im not sure if you are on about the same bit but look at this sat here http://www.meteox.nl/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=satradar

And see the lighter (whiter) cloud in the north East of the sea, North East running S.W. Was that the bit you were on about? Looks interesting...

Edit: Actually looks like it is more likely to hit central southern areas, that must be the feature they have been mentioning as possible light snow overnight in central areas.

Edited by jasonuk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Love the pics folks.

Now where's Yamkin he promised me a covering and we got nowt! :whistling:

I'll believe next week when I see it.

Posted

Now thats interesting. Im not sure if you are on about the same bit but look at this sat here http://www.meteox.nl/h.aspx?r=&jaar=-3&soort=satradar

And see the lighter (whiter) cloud in the north East of the sea, North East running S.W. Was that the bit you were on about? Looks interesting...

Edit: Actually looks like it is more likely to hit central southern areas, that must be the feature they have been mentioning as possible light snow overnight in central areas.

i love that radar.... there's loads more on the way

Posted

Gotta get through us first!! We Gonna take it ALL and it will be barren when it gets to you!!!

Will scuttle off back to EA now :whistling:

PS Great pics

Posted

That bit of cloud in the north sea does look promising for some IMO...

problem here, we're almost out of milk... not one single store has any left either :whistling:

Posted

Love the pics folks.

Now where's Yamkin he promised me a covering and we got nowt! :whistling:

I'll believe next week when I see it.

There was a slight covering here over night. I love all of those snowy pictures.

Friday night into Saturday plus next week looks interesting for snow.

Edited by yamkin

Posted

There was a slight covering here over night. I love all of those snowy pictures.

What about tonight heard there may be some showers building up that could be of some interest for our neck of the woods

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Back from an afternoon out in an old stomping ground of mine and took some piccies at home before I left and and while out which I will get developed and put up here asap

The snow flurries were just stopping as I left home and I couldn't believe how quiet the roads were as I set out on my way. Weird to almost have the road to yourself in the middle of a week day afternoon!

Back home again now and the snow and slush is getting really crunchy and icy. Nearly went a over t just before I came in lol!

Frosty white glow out there tonight - wonderful!cold.gifbiggrin.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Not in Croydon there wasn't, or if there was it was gone by 8 AM!

There was more laying last night from that one showere we had early evening.

I said I was going to make a snowman next week so there better be some at some point.

Posted

What about tonight heard there may be some showers building up that could be of some interest for our neck of the woods

Looks like that little feature will run East of us so far.....

Posted

Looks like that little feature will run East of us so far.....

Not again lol ok cheers anyway mate

Posted

The ppn does look like it's heading our way. Let's see the positioning of the ppn by 1815 hrs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of any type.

That bit of cloud in the north sea does look promising for some IMO...

problem here, we're almost out of milk... not one single store has any left either :D

Yep! Folkestone was closed today! 75% of the shops didn't even open!

http://blogs.channel4.com/snowblog/2010/02/11/snow-joke-as-washington-goes-stir-crazy/

There's money to be had! ;o)

I always used to imagine that phrase meant that you literally could not open the doors because of all the snow piled up outside, rather than just unable to get the get the car out of the garage or find it under the piles of white stuff.

Today it actually happened. I could not get the back door open because there was too much snow piled against it.

Luckily an enterprising young man rang the bell and offered to clear the front steps and our bit of the sidewalk for $30.

After he’d done that we could get round to the back and dig ourselves out from the outside.

Just in time to see someone actually skiing past.

Posted

Yep! Folkestone was closed today! 75% of the shops didn't even open!

http://blogs.channel...oes-stir-crazy/

There's money to be had! ;o)

I always used to imagine that phrase meant that you literally could not open the doors because of all the snow piled up outside, rather than just unable to get the get the car out of the garage or find it under the piles of white stuff.

Today it actually happened. I could not get the back door open because there was too much snow piled against it.

Luckily an enterprising young man rang the bell and offered to clear the front steps and our bit of the sidewalk for $30.

After he'd done that we could get round to the back and dig ourselves out from the outside.

Just in time to see someone actually skiing past.

Are you in Folkestone or the US? You've confused me there lol!

Oh I see that's an excerpt lol

30 bucks to have someone clear my bit of pathway... I'd tell the enterprising lad to :D:( off!

Edited by Updraft

Posted

The ppn does look like it's heading our way. Let's see the positioning of the ppn by 1815 hrs

Think you will be very lucky if it skims to the East of you yammers me old mucker, looks to be veering off a bit too far East for us in this corner.

Or is it..... Errr yes i think so.

Edited by jasonuk

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

Back from an afternoon out in an old stomping ground of mine and took some piccies at home before I left and and while out which I will get developed and put up here asap

The snow flurries were just stopping as I left home and I couldn't believe how quiet the roads were as I set out on my way. Weird to almost have the road to yourself in the middle of a week day afternoon!

Back home again now and the snow and slush is getting really crunchy and icy. Nearly went a over t just before I came in lol!

Frosty white glow out there tonight - wonderful!cold.gifbiggrin.gif

:D Its funny seing you say that about the Frosty white glow. I had just made my mind up to pop out and soak that up later, its not all about watching the snow fall from the sky at a time like this :lol:

you would have been forgiven for mistaking the Firehills for an Arctic wasteland eariler, blowing drifting/falling snow. White out conditions.

Posted

Think you will be very lucky if it skims to the East of you yammers me old mucker, looks to be veering off a bit too far East for us in this corner.

Or is it..... Errr yes i think so.

So does that mean no snow for Brighton again tonight?drinks.gif

Posted

So does that mean no snow for Brighton again tonight?drinks.gif

I dont reckon so poppet, but you can never say for definate.

Posted

Quite disappointed to the non event here, what snow that did fall was more of a nuisance value than anything else. Cant believe how cold it felt today.