Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Well somehow the ppn has skirted round me!!!! It was never heavy enough to fall as proper snow and has now seemingly passed me by. The ground is only just a little bit damp, so don't get your hopes up people. Unless it decides to do it's normal trick of building again once it passes the capital.

If you have NW radar and can be bothered, try putting in W11 into the NW postcode search and see how the ppn just disappears at it hits two tiny hills (Campden Hill (W8) @ 42m asl and Notting Hill (W11) @ 32m asl) it causes a tiny microclimate here and even though they are such small hills, they really make a huge difference.

Same always happens here, has happened just now, line of heavy precipitation on course for me then disappears and re emerges behind me. I am a bit higher than you though (210m) so I guess it is to be expected, its hard enough tying to keep precipitation intact over the pennines without the hill I live on killing it of.

Edited by 10123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Just light rain now

It seems you did slightly better than me up there (1 mile North West of me) but was never expecting anything, so not too much of a disaster.

I would just like to see an hour or two of sustained snow tomorrow night/Wednesday and I will be happy. (Although we in Central/NW London haven't done at all well this year compared to everyone around us, even just 5 miles to the West (in fact any direction) has got a pasting this year. I havent had more than 2cm which only lasted a couple of hours.

Here endeth the whinge.

Same always happens here, has happened just now, line of heavy precipitation on course for me then disappears and re emerges behind me. I am a bit higher than you though (210m) so I guess it is to be expected, its hard enough tying to keep precipitation intact over the pennines without the hill I live on killing it of.

Bloody annoying ain't it?

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

I would just like to see an hour or two of sustained snow tomorrow night/Wednesday and I will be happy. (Although we in Central/NW London haven't done at all well this year compared to everyone around us, even just 5 miles to the West (in fact any direction) has got a pasting this year. I havent had more than 2cm which only lasted a couple of hours.

Here endeth the whinge.

I share your pain and whinge :( This weeks weather will be a bit like playing the lottery I think...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

I share your pain and whinge :( This weeks weather will be a bit like playing the lottery I think...

Are you actually IN Twickenham Stadium? If so, turning on the lights there would be the ultimate in lamp-post watching!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Snowing in Biggin Hill, big flakes too!

Posted

Are you actually IN Twickenham Stadium? If so, turning on the lights there would be the ultimate in lamp-post watching!!!

smile.gif Unfortunately the Rugby Union frown on me using the lights for snow monitoring

Though the lights that surround the hotel (now built into the stadium) are very good

Edited by Buzzit

Posted

Stopped snowing here. There appears to be more ppn out to the West on it's way

Posted

sweet....looks like it's on it's way to me in Medway!!! Hopefully it doesn't do what it did last week and go either side of me!!

Guest FireStorm

Net-weather radar has it shown as sleet across Sussex and snow showers around paddock wood. I'd guess the precip is dropping temperatures better for it to head towards the right side of marginal.

Will see what happens over the next 30mins

Posted

You lucky baskets !!!!!!!! The main band behind your Snow about to hit my area in the Midlands is all of rain and due points are rising ... Still the milder air is heading your way so enjoy it why you have it :drinks: There might be a reversal of fortunes tomorrow night as the Cold air will reach the Midlands first and the Front looks to pivet right over the East Mids : )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

In canary wharf and heading home to NE London all I can see is rain. No snow to speak of

Posted

Looking at the weather station close to me, we have a dew point of -0.5 and a temp of 0.7 which has been our max today too! We'll see what happens in the next 10 - 20 mins

Posted

sleet/snow blowing past the lamp-post.. CJ look out the window ;)

Yeah I can see a baby bit of sleet and snow.think we're in the front edge? The weather station I was reffering to is the halling weather station. Search it in google and its the 1st one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

light snow here at the moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

better make the most of it, according to the local weather, milder, windier and wetter as the week goes on, hope its just a blip and winter goes out with a bang not a whimpercool.gif