Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 9

Posted

Well the light snow turned into a heavy, if brief, snow shower. Started to settle but didnt last long enoug for any accumulations.

There is a band thats coming across the country currently.... will this reach our region or fizzle out before it gets here??? http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Posted

Well the light snow turned into a heavy, if brief, snow shower. Started to settle but didnt last long enoug for any accumulations.

There is a band thats coming across the country currently.... will this reach our region or fizzle out before it gets here??? http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

We have big fat flakes starting to settle. But I won't get too excited going on your comments.

Posted

Started snowing here at about 5pm. Now a little heavier. Reckon might have about 30 minutes of PPN here.

Posted

will it snow in bucks

Oh no not the "will it snow in Carlisle" line lol!

Latest fax upgrades the potential in our area for tommorow night. Looks more like Sundays forecast. the 528 DAM has been revised 100 miles further south. The front also has a wave to it meaning it will stick around in our area for quite a while. I think for settling snow the best area has to be the chilterns still but appart from that North bucks up to Northamptonshire is best placed. This can and will probably change though. I expect the BBC / Meto to increase the white blobs on their graphics after the release of that fax though.

WRT tonight I think it will be sleet / Rain. Although many areas have seen snow today this is a warm front and has milder air mixed in. Ground temps will stay as they have been for most of the day (2/3c) but dew points will rise so expect it to become more marginal as the night goes on. Cold air undercuts after mid day tommorow so this is when the precipitation turns wintry. So If you wake up to sleet in the morning then go wax your sledge becuase it will be snow by the afternoon!

Edited by Tim Bland

Posted

Oh no not the "will it snow in Carlisle" line lol!

Latest fax upgrades the potential in our area for tommorow night. Looks more like Sundays forecast. the 528 DAM has been revised 100 miles further south. The front also has a wave to it meaning it will stick around in our area for quite a while. I think for settling snow the best area has to be the chilterns still but appart from that North bucks up to Northamptonshire is best placed. This can and will probably change though. I expect the BBC / Meto to increase the white blobs on their graphics after the release of that fax though.

WRT tonight I think it will be sleet / Rain. Although many areas have seen snow today this is a warm front and has milder air mixed in. Ground temps will stay as they have been for most of the day (2/3c) but dew points will rise so expect it to become more marginal as the night goes on. Cold air undercuts after mid day tommorow so this is when the precipitation turns wintry. So If you wake up to sleet in the morning then go wax your sledge becuase it will be snow by the afternoon!

Thanks Tim.

But the latest Meto update this afternoon for our region does not support this at all.

Even on their main national weather tex on the meto goes with snow only in Northern Scotland

Posted

Thanks Tim.

But the latest Meto update this afternoon for our region does not support this at all.

Even on their main national weather tex on the meto goes with snow only in Northern Scotland

Will take a while to update, fax only just released

Posted

Thanks Tim.

Archie. Fax only just come out. The change on advisories was earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Evening all.just got in whats the latest then snowman is it on for snow or not.whistling.gif

Edited by silver line

Posted

Tim when do you expect TV weather forecast to change then, ie. More white blobs!

Evening 6:27pm forecast just going with rain graphics apart from northern Scotland

Posted

I believe the one just before 11 on N24 uses the updated fax. But possibly on the 10.35 BBC 1 forecast.

Posted

Tim when do you expect TV weather forecast to change then, ie. More white blobs!

Evening 6:27pm forecast just going with rain graphics apart from northern Scotland

Posted

Southernman reports flurries of snow in reedham, i've had the curtains drawn here all night, but now i look out it looks like a tiny dusting on roof opposite or maybe its just frost, need John London to report on situation from gunton cliff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!help.gif

Posted

Southernman reports flurries of snow in reedham, i've had the curtains drawn here all night, but now i look out it looks like a tiny dusting on roof opposite or maybe its just frost, need John London to report on situation from gunton cliff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!help.gif

Snowing.

Posted

Been snowing here for about half hour now,, def not sleet starting to settle on cars

Temp 1.7 D.p.-1.9

Posted

Well the latest FAX charts are again an improved picture from the 0z charts, this is my forecast based on the FAX's and Meto:

So tomorrow we see a band of rain and sleet cross our region and by midday it reaches Norfolk/Suffolk. Later on, colder continental air undercuts the front and sends it westwards, and then it increasingly turns to snow as we head into the night. Its going to be a very slow westward movement, and especially in the heavier bursts, should be of snow. Places most favoured for snow are Norfolk, N.Cambridgeshire and the Chilterns IMO, though I think most places will see snow at some point, especially during the early hours of Wednesday. The front continues its westwards movement on Wednesday morning, and is situated across Western East Anglia, and is gradually dying out as it does so.

I think the Mets advisories are true regarding snowfall, my estimates are 1-5cm on low ground and up to 7cm on the Chilterns

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Well i think what we could all do with, is a SHOTGUN upgrade to really spice what ever remains of winter 2009/2010. Bucket,skip,cargo ship loads of snowfall. ex sub temps with an end date 29th of MARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sound ok. drinks.gif

SNOW PLEASE LOTS AND LOTS.

Well getting of the CLOUD NOW lol lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

orrible sleet here,but fingers crossed for tomorrow nightyahoo.gif