Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 9

Posted

The latest BBC local weather forecast had the snow way up to the north and west of our region, maybe Northants but not anywhere near Bucks/Beds/Herts :drinks:

Well it has to cross those counties before it gets here.

I tell you what's encouraging though...the number of reports coming in of sleet/snow/hail already.

Posted

The latest BBC local weather forecast had the snow way up to the north and west of our region, maybe Northants but not anywhere near Bucks/Beds/Herts :drinks:

It may be wishfull thinking but the band hasnt shifted further NW for hrs. EG Milton Keynes has remained dry for most of the day and stevenage has been under the band and continues to be since 2pm. I think North Herts Beds and Bucks North west of Luton will see snow. Snow is being reported in Barnet already which wasnt forecast so could be an interesting morning on the chilterns!

Posted

It may be wishfull thinking but the band hasnt shifted further NW for hrs. EG Milton Keynes has remained dry for most of the day and stevenage has been under the band and continues to be since 2pm. I think North Herts Beds and Bucks North west of Luton will see snow. Snow is being reported in Barnet already which wasnt forecast so could be an interesting morning on the chilterns!

agreed tim, only thing now is how well the ppn holds together. But I think some areas may well be very pleased.

Ice going to be a risk for those like me that get just rain.

Posted

Agreed, some places will be pleasently suprised through tonight and tomorrow, currently dry here with the PPN just to my east and I hope with nightime temperatures etc that will help with snow, of course evaporative cooling is going to help too (where the PPN is heaviest). An interesting night in prospect

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

well rained most of the day,still is. Maybe if luton gets it then might get a touch as only 1.5 miles from luton and 6 miles from chiltern hills.

Edited by silver line

Posted

rain / snow mix here now

Posted

St. Albans has just crossed over to snow!

Some quite large flakes acctually.

Wont settle though saint will it, with all that rain.drinks.gif

Posted

Sleet now in Stevenage with Temp of 1.7c. BBC still going with the main snow risk to the midlands. I just cant see the front moving at all. I think the have underestimated how long it will stay on its current path not pivoting until tommorow morning. Could be a white commute for some!

Posted

Nah..... But it acctually has settled on cars/vehicles.

Wait, now it's changed back to rain...... laugh.giflaugh.gif

shok.gif Thats about right for us so near but so far. what temp you got.

Posted

Sleet now in Stevenage with Temp of 1.7c. BBC still going with the main snow risk to the midlands. I just cant see the front moving at all. I think the have underestimated how long it will stay on its current path not pivoting until tommorow morning. Could be a white commute for some!

Bad news for me as Ive got to be in Stevenage for 8am!! who says us consultants dont work hard. if your up, I am leaving at 6.30, so text me conditions please mate.lazy.gif

It is bone dry here, so if the precip. does get here and it is wintry, it may settle quick as it is 1.2 oC at the mo.

Posted

Bad news for me as Ive got to be in Stevenage for 8am!! who says us consultants dont work hard. if your up, I am leaving at 6.30, so text me conditions please mate.lazy.gif

It is bone dry here, so if the precip. does get here and it is wintry, it may settle quick as it is 1.2 oC at the mo.

One of our drivers just arrived in Stevenage and said there is no snow on the roads so I think you will be ok.

Posted

Temperatures here beginning to take a dive down, Cambridge is skirting the edge of the band, an interesting night to come, hopefully a white setting tomorrow morning! Temperature 2.2C and falling, Dew point roughly 1.8C

Posted

Nah..... But it acctually has settled on cars/vehicles.

Wait, now it's changed back to rain...... :D :D

Well I can report now in Hertford we have..... Im just going to open the door hold on, Sleet, Edit looked out at the at the lampost when I sat down at the pc, we now have Rain.

Posted

630! You'll be lucky lol! Temp is 1.2c here now with wet snow. According to the forecast MK will get more than here! Northampton seems to be the best spot for tommorow morning. If the forecasts are correct then the snow will die out as you head south in the morning. Doubt it will be that bad to be honest...Depends how badly you want to get there lol!

Posted

Temp 1.2c with Dew Point 0.2c

Good luck to those a little further NW. Looks fairly promising for you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Temperatures here beginning to take a dive down, Cambridge is skirting the edge of the band, an interesting night to come, hopefully a white setting tomorrow morning! Temperature 2.2C and falling, Dew point roughly 1.8C

I wonder if thats the continental surface flow starting to undercut the band thats bringing the temps down ,good to hear of snow reports further eastyahoo.gif