Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 24

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

It would appear to be raining here :nonono:

You had some wet snow yesterday! I drove through at the time it was falling . Overnight and Wednesday looks decent :)

You had some wet snow yesterday! I drove through at the time it was falling . Overnight and Wednesday looks decent :)

Wet snow? It was snow/hail at one point :) :) :nonono:

Light rain here now...wet snow possibly.

As an update to a previous post, the 12z follows the 06z is going for a snow event for a small area of the west of Scotland tomorrow:

post-2844-12663353181817_thumb.pngpost-2844-12663353292317_thumb.png

The precip doesn't look as strong as on the 06z, however, the suggestion of it is still strong on the 12z.

Latest NAE goes for snow over us in the west, but a look at the precip total charts suggests this will be very light.

post-2844-12663355382617_thumb.gifpost-2844-12663355572117_thumb.gif

Back to the here and now; if I didn't know better I would say it is going to snow here. The local hills have disappeared behind a curtain of white :rofl: :rofl:

This week is already proving interesting and it's only Tuesday :rofl:

Posted

That's meeee :rofl:. Yes it was wet snow, especially in Port Glasgow, more solidified upon entering the mystical land that is Kilmacolm :rofl:

That's meeee :rofl:. Yes it was wet snow, especially in Port Glasgow, more solidified upon entering the mystical land that is Kilmacolm :rofl:

You should have seen it up the Greenock back road then :rofl: The whole road was white with snow coming in horizontal. If it has stayed on for any length of time the road would have been gone in a drift.

Kilmacolm has lost its mystical sheen of late, we need a good Kilmasnowstorm to restore things.

If you are in the higher end of Paisley you may well see some snow tomorrow, if you're down near the town then less chance :lol:

Edit: It is snowing here, nothing that's going to give a covering, but it is snowing nonetheless!! What a cracking birthday pressie :) :) :) :)

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm dry summers

Get the crash helmets out, there is a massive easterly brewing in deep FI on the 1200. All in all it looks a pretty cold run for us, I am not very good at forecasting snow, so keeping my mouth shut.

SS2

Get the crash helmets out, there is a massive easterly brewing in deep FI on the 1200. All in all it looks a pretty cold run for us, I am not very good at forecasting snow, so keeping my mouth shut.

SS2

GFS 12z is a screamer for us :rolleyes:

It's like December/January all over again. I wonder where it will sit in the ensembles though??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

GFS 12z is a screamer for us wacko.gif

It's like December/January all over again. I wonder where it will sit in the ensembles though??

I reckon in the middle for the first half, on the cooler side but not a total outlier after +200?

Nice charts though. Will do a summary once I've comprehended all the different small features and differences between charts at just 36 hours out!

Back to proper cold at least though!

LS

Rather frustratingly I can see snow from the living room window on even the lower hills near Kilmacolm, within a few miles of the house, roughly here:

post-2844-12663404791517_thumb.jpg

Even the wee ridge between Kilmacolm and the red cicle has some snow along the top of it....

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

Was across on the Black Isle today........what a miserable afternoon!!!! Rain and sleet alternating.

Back home and as soon as I got above Drumossie, its back to snow. Snow lying and roads are white again after the plough came through.

Really noticeable wind chill......current temp 0C

Posted

Hi Catch..........blown out the cake candles yet?:)

because its your birthday I shall put in a special request for snow for you 000203F1.gif.......lets hope it works!

Posted

Happt B'Day Catch!!! :) :) :) :) :drinks::yahoo: :yahoo:

He is blowing his candles out just now .....:wacko:

Has it turned back to snow down with you Pete?

Snowing very heavily up here now.

Posted

You should have seen it up the Greenock back road then :good: The whole road was white with snow coming in horizontal. If it has stayed on for any length of time the road would have been gone in a drift.

Kilmacolm has lost its mystical sheen of late, we need a good Kilmasnowstorm to restore things.

If you are in the higher end of Paisley you may well see some snow tomorrow, if you're down near the town then less chance :lol:

Edit: It is snowing here, nothing that's going to give a covering, but it is snowing nonetheless!! What a cracking birthday pressie :) :) :) :)

Happy Birthday :). Unfortunately I am nearer the town! :lol: I don't know how long the snow went on for yesterday on the kilmacolm road but I was only driving along, didn't stop anywhere so I don't know if it became heavier or how long it lasted. Some snow was falling about 30 minutes ago in the higher end of Paisley.

He is blowing his candles out just now .....:yahoo:

My Aunt Liz stays in Inverness and she was snowed in at Christmas time! She only just made it down to Surrey to see my cousin on Christmas day so she will be getting sick of all the snow :lol:

Posted

-1C and dense fog (UFO's hiding again) saw a few flakes this afternoon on the matey.

Thanks for the birthday wishes and especially Blitzen, going to look stunning on the beach at Cartagena later this year, or scare the locals half to death :good:

Happy birthday Catch, if you get any snow send over this way :yahoo:

He is blowing his candles out just now .....:yahoo:

How did you know?? I literally was blowing out candles :lol:

Thank you everyone else for the birthday wishes.

Cheggers, Happy Birthday and if I get some snow later I will send it your way. I am still willing the snow just over the fields at the back of Kilmacolm to come my way, so some patience may be needed unfortunately :) :lol:

Abrdn: Snow turning to rain turning to snow turning to rain turning to snow turning to rain turning to........ :good:

Hi Richard, I can't believe you've still not got your keyboard fixed :lol:

You will need to move to Glasgow and hope that it rains a lot. Or that it is cloudy. Strictly no sleet! :) :)

Posted

Happy Birthday :lol:. Unfortunately I am nearer the town! :yahoo: I don't know how long the snow went on for yesterday on the kilmacolm road but I was only driving along, didn't stop anywhere so I don't know if it became heavier or how long it lasted. Some snow was falling about 30 minutes ago in the higher end of Paisley.

My Aunt Liz stays in Inverness and she was snowed in at Christmas time! She only just made it down to Surrey to see my cousin on Christmas day so she will be getting sick of all the snow :good:

We were snowed in Xmas and New Year.......in fact it lay for over 28 days and some side roads were no go areas for a lot of that time. Funny.......Liz is my real name and my family are in southern England too, Gilly is a nickname

Hey there is hope yet for Catch to have snow on his birthday if it has reached Paisley......

Edited by Gilly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Evening all. Happy b-day CMD.

0 C and actually snowing. Ok, probably make it into the record books for the lightest snow shower ever recorded, but hey, still snowbiggrin.gif