Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Although theres nothing better than waking up to heavy snow and a covering I have a parcelforce delivery due today they better turn up.

Posted

Although theres nothing better than waking up to heavy snow and a covering I have a parcelforce delivery due today they better turn up.

I don't think we're at "I can't drive around in this snow" proportions yet - but it may pile up a bit more as the day wears on - but if this had been going on all last night, then that would have been a different story!

still snowing and nice big flakes - lovely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing - 50p+ sized fluffy flakes - some of the guys in the model thread were on about that some of the best snows occur around now in the marginal "temps"

Posted
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: SACRA member
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL

It's snowing here in Cwmbran ( SE Wales ) and everything has a covering. It's 0.8C also and no wind.

Cwmbran 150m asl 5 miles east of newport.

Interesting weather warning out for here tomorrow...up to 15cm of snow from some hefty showers,,,bring it on

Posted

Theres nothing down in Old Cwmbran bullworker, just drizzle now, there was some very wet snow earlier.

That little bit of elevation makes all the difference!

And as quickly as I said that, its back to snow!

Posted

A quote from Ian Fergusson on the SW Thread

Actually - let me just offer a major change of NAE emphasis tomorrow - new run offers 10-20cm snow potential in a band from SE Wales across to Lincs (including Glos) and clearly has makings of a high profile event; however this major change from last NAE prog is noteworthy (it's because new run wants to depress the BL temp's further tonight).... next run awaited before UKMO decides whether to go with early warning over and above current advisory.

hope it pans out

Edited by nomad098

Posted

It's still trying to sleet in Nantgarw. The snow line hasn't moved.

senghenydd mountain has a snow line around 200m and above - settling snow that is

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Stopped here a while ago, although just started picking with rain, temp now up at 3C. Hope for some heavy snow some point this cold spell! :rolleyes:

Posted

Stopped here a while ago, although just started picking with rain, temp now up at 3C. Hope for some heavy snow some point this cold spell! smile.gif

GFS 06z has the cold digging in even more so hold on in there deepsnow - it's all white outside here at the moment - just a matter of a few degrees for you to get it too

Edited by andymusic

Posted

I think you deserve all the snow this week Andy.

Your positive and refreshing attitude has made it a pleasure to take part in this forum.

If it was not for your posts and one or two others on here this forum would be incredibly dull ,with nothing but boring technical jargon that most dont really understand.

Hehehe

yahoo.gif snow for andy!!yahoo.gif

I second that,,,,Here Here drinks.gif . But Andy, please blow it with all your might to Magor. lol

Posted

I second that,,,,Here Here drinks.gif . But Andy, please blow it with all your might to Magor. lol

You might not get it today Ali - but there is talk that you'll have a better chance tomorrow - as I type it's started snowing again (we had a little break) - temps are progged to be lower tomorrow so better chances for lower lying areas!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

GFS 06z has the cold digging in even more so hold on in there deepsnow - it's all white outside here at the moment - just a matter of a few degrees for you to get it too

Sounds good to me! the meto warnings are for just a bit further north and east of Bridgend, but hope we get some as we have in the past with no warnings :unsure:

This winter i have seen more falling snow and more days with lying snow than i have since i lived here i think! (thats 9/10 years) so its been quite a good one tbh.

Just a question, could this possibly be the start of a new trend as i have hear of these 30 year cycles of warmer and colder conditions?

Posted

It was -2 when I left home this morning, even where I live although we're rural we're up high and exposed so never get the thickest of frosts. This morning was a real surprise, frost early on last night, then some freezing fog. Everything was white this morning.

Then driving east it got progressively milder. Amazing that over a few miles the temps rose by 5c. A few flakes in the sky. So where is the cold line sitting now. Clearly it is alot colder in west Wales this morning than further east - yet you're having all the snow!

Posted

Why does the met office have a warning out for tomorrow? According to the Netweather Perci radar thats we have had out lot until a sprinkle on Saturday?

Where am I going wrong...

Posted

Sounds good to me! the meto warnings are for just a bit further north and east of Bridgend, but hope we get some as we have in the past with no warnings smile.gif

This winter i have seen more falling snow and more days with lying snow than i have since i lived here i think! (thats 9/10 years) so its been quite a good one tbh.

Just a question, could this possibly be the start of a new trend as i have hear of these 30 year cycles of warmer and colder conditions?

Joe B and I have been talking about this for quite a bit - solar minima and a downward trend of solar activity - so that over the next few decades we will have a noticeably cooler climate! - more winters like this then

Why does the met office have a warning out for tomorrow? According to the Netweather Perci radar thats we have had out lot until a sprinkle on Saturday?

Where am I going wrong...

There is a further frontal system coming in early tomorrow morning to dump further snow over south and east wales

Posted

Joe B and I have been talking about this for quite a bit - solar minima and a downward trend of solar activity - so that over the next few decades we will have a noticeably cooler climate! - more winters like this then

There is a further frontal system coming in early tomorrow morning to dump further snow over south and east wales

When will it arrive around mate?

Posted

the snow has all thawed now after heavyish sleet, was nice to see though have sleet here alternating between wet snow i bet another 100 meters up its snow but the mountains see similar tohere except for Pentyrcan that is under cloud and is also the highest peak around here at 450m abs weshall see.

Posted

Think we will see much?

Meto have got us down for maybe 6 - 10 cm - 10cm is 4 inches

it will be colder - so that will help - but altitude will assist this too like today - but as I've said lower heights should see some snow tomorrow also

Posted

Meto have got us down for maybe 6 - 10 cm - 10cm is 4 inches

it will be colder - so that will help - but altitude will assist this too like today - but as I've said lower heights should see some snow tomorrow also

BBC going for around Bristol area/SE wales northwards i think, even if i see an inch of snow i'll be happy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Lets see how this all plays out, because the forecast from derek was very different to the weather we had today, wintry showers for the rest of the week and weekend.

Just goes to show how quickly things can change!

Edited by Marcus_surfer