Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Chat And Moods

Posted

Well, I have always thought there's no point in getting upset about individual runs... However, to me, it looks like we will have a cold spell - probably more settled then last time, but the faxes are showing a few disturbances - expect these to be upgraded! :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Same as most of this winter then!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

ecm not good upto wednesday, GFS best of the models, wed and thur bone dry on ecm away from the east

Posted

Hi,

But even if that was the case (ECM right) I am sure we should be seeing some severe frosts next week icy indeed I would imagine we will be seeing the lowest temperatures since early January do you think? Also like with the situation in early January isn't it the case that snow situations can appear at short notice with troughs etc. I would only imagine it to be completely dry with just high pressure in situ over the British Isles.

Luke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

My Model Mood: To be perfectly honest the forthcoming weather looks pretty boring to me. Certainly nothing to be getting excited about.

Why? Suffolk looks like the prime location for snow at the moment, besides maybe Kent.

Posted

What i can see of the latest model runs is low pressure to the south of the U.K. and high to the north, with a very cold easterly wind ,this will make the East and South air streams very unstable. Our local forecast on T.V at 6pm. said snow around for Monday & Tuesday, but looking long term it gets even colder and snow becomes more of problem...Bring it ON *****

Posted

umm well being in S.E Essex leaves me slightly frustrated , as just over the water in north east kent tends to get hammered with showers and we usually miss out on a north or NNE Breeze. bring on the Easterly . Please :whistling:

Posted

pants again the 18Z, third time in a row now, for mid next week, all 3 models now have high pressure virtually over the UK, wed and thur, not trending the right way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy winters, warm dry summers

Don't know if this is the right thread, but just like to say that to all the decent members that don't get involved in slanging matches, just go into your controls and press the ignore button and hey presto all the usual suspects no longer exist. Sooner or later you are left with viewing the posts that are relevant to that thread.

SS2

Yes I totally agree with you 1800 is a very good run if it is traditional winter weather you are after.

SS2

Posted

hi guys, I'm sorry if I have posted this in the wrong thread, not sure were to post it but have you guys seen the snow storm the eastern side of usa are having at the moment, that is some serious stuff, I just would like to know is it not true that whatever they get we get a few days later, if thats the case bring it on, it would be good for western parts of the uk.

Posted

ecm 00Z out? still says yesterdays 12Z, but still good for end of next week, but seems to be staying in FI

about the usa snow, completely untrue, even if it got here it would mean W or SW winds and rain, although if we get the snow at the end of the week people will think its true (dont mean on this forum), just the snow arrives from the east at that time

Posted

Regarding the Eastern USA snowstorm, that will probably track across the Atlantic but then come up against the block of high pressure and then lose its intensity

Posted

Model Mood: Weather to come still looking boring, unless of course you live in the eastern states of America. Now off to play football, then a drive to Newcastle and back so it's a good job one of the members on here got their forecast wrong about snow today.

Posted

Hi guys as we move into this colder spell Im planning my working week, (im a self employed gardener) Now i dont expect anyone to have a crystal ball but can anyone give me an idea of hard ground frosts are likely to be here in the west....light ground frosts and i can pretty much crack on......ground solid for a week and im stuck.

Posted

pants again the 18Z, third time in a row now, for mid next week, all 3 models now have high pressure virtually over the UK, wed and thur, not trending the right way

Good news then...well for me., you see not everyone shares your enthusiasm for extreme cold and snow. Just why on here virtually everyone seems to get soooo excited about snow is odd, weather comes in all shapes and sizes to have what is probably just a childish attitude to snow is well just childish. Personally I have to work outside, if it snows I cannot work, well still having to pay a Kings ransom for heating bills!!

Surely a site such as this should report what is expected not what is wanted?

Posted

As for the working in snow the good thing about that you don`t get wet unlike being outside in wet/windy conditions very few people like wet/windy get enough of that in the summer.

Runs today have lifted my mood more today,as the high is further north and cold all the way looks like a 2 weeks cold spell,and more easterlies. :(

http://www.wzkarten.de/pics/Recm2401.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I would rather work in snow than rain any day and I also work outside most of the time and to claim that anyone that loves snow is childish is daft, the main reason I love it so much is it is such a rare sight here in the west country or at least it has been for last 25 years and I get bored of rain and wind which makes my job hard.

Models look interesting this morning and an upgrade for us in the west country. yahoo.gif

Posted

Good news then...well for me., you see not everyone shares your enthusiasm for extreme cold and snow. Just why on here virtually everyone seems to get soooo excited about snow is odd, weather comes in all shapes and sizes to have what is probably just a childish attitude to snow is well just childish. Personally I have to work outside, if it snows I cannot work, well still having to pay a Kings ransom for heating bills!!

If it is childish to be excited about snow, so be it! I am in my fifties now and still excited about it, I also work outside. This part of the netweather site is a discussion, not a reporting of facts, you can read the front page for that or look for the various analysis of models. Just as you can express your preference then so can others what is wrong with that? Think you should get over yourself a bit and let people be a bit excited.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

I understand what your saying friend, but, unfortunately it does tend to be the snow that we all hope for! I often wonder about this and i guess it is because in our climate it is never guaranteed. If we lived in the arrid desert i spose we would get exited about rain (yuck).

I used to work outside (cavity wall insulator) and winter was a horrid time to work in, but i think to call 95% of the members here childish for looking foward to possible snow is perhaps a bit cruel?

All said in a friendly way, i dont want anymore sniping or digs at each other :-)

Jason

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Afternoon folks,

Well, not expecting much in the way of snow for here but the sun's shining at the moment and it's certainly lifted my mood - it's been beautiful the last couple of days! So much so that I'm going for a swim now (not in the sea I hasten to add!!) biggrin.gif

Edited by slb97

Posted

Just back from my match, we lost 3-1, I've torn my hamstring so now the back of my leg is completely black and it hurts. Good news is my brother now has to make the trip to Newcastle and back that I was doing. Back to Model Moods. They still look boring.