Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

I am rather fed up with febuary now with warning after warning not coming to fruition and now they have a warning for nearly whole country except us again for sat! aggressive.gif

I share your frustrations! I think it's curtain call for the south central thread, unless everyone wants to discuss heavy rain on Monday (yet another snow advisory for most places on Mon except us far southern lot lol!) nonono.gifsmile.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Boring drizzle here at the moment. Waiting for something to happen!

Posted

Just non stop rain here in Yate I haven't even seen any sleet what so ever, real shame I wanted to see some more snow for one last time and then start looking forward to spring..

Edited by Zephyr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Boring drizzle here at the moment. Waiting for something to happen!

Good sized flakes coming down quite heavy atm, but as with the morning so marginal that little is sticking 0.5C drop and i would expect a rapid build up (or move upwards - anyone out in the cotswolds of FoD?)

Edit:

Snow starting to stick to all surfaces now, roads and pavements going a nice shade of white!

Edited by windswept

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Still heavy snow here.

About 2 cm on the grass.

Roads are just thick slush

Posted

Still heavy snow here.

About 2 cm on the grass.

Roads are just thick slush

Amazing how here in chelt there is nothing on the ground. There are now big flakes coming down but not settling. Wonder if i'll get home to Gloucester later?

Posted

Hi all, wet heavy snow here but the ground is so wet not settling, wish it would, but looks like we could see more in the coming days ;)

Posted

It's now raining here at the top of Bath!...

I think the snow on the ground will be gone before long if this carries on...

Afraid so Mullender... Looks like yet again we miss all the action!

Glos. seems to have done pretty well this winter!...

I suppose there's a (slight) chance something could change during the course of the weekend to make it more favourable for us in the SW... Who knows!

It has been nice to see some lying snow today though, even if fairly short-lived!

20mm in Warminster 'ey Andy?... That would've been good if it was snow!

Posted

Would be interesting to see Ians thoughts on whats going to happen once all this heads north of us. ( As the main band is about to move north of glos )

Posted

Just non stop rain here in Yate I haven't even seen any sleet what so ever, real shame I wanted to see some more snow for one last time and then start looking forward to spring..

That's strange, here it is snowing really hard and Tortworth hill has Qs of traffic and the police hade

been directing the flow of traffic.

Come down the road towards Rangeworthy and you'll soon start to see the white stuff :)

post-4487-12665017650817_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

That's strange, here it is snowing really hard and Tortworth hill has Qs of traffic and the police hade

been directing the flow of traffic.

Come down the road towards Rangeworthy and you'll soon start to see the white stuff :)

Jeez I'm jealous after seeing that picture. What a lovely sight! What's you temperature by the way?

Just grey and dull here now, I'm not praying for a change in the track of the low to bring that stuff miraculously southeastwards and eastwards later today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well we are only a few hours from night fall and I still cannot see where this ppn is going to come from?

A few heavy showers of sleet/rain around bristol at moment but they won't produce much snow and after that it looks patchy and low in intensity. Unless that ppn over wales pivots alot south east?

Sleety rain still falling here. blink.gif

Edited by mullender83

Posted

Got some more heavy snow and the temp has actualy dropped again from 1.4c to 0.8c. I've got to out

in it at 4pm and there are hills all the way, might not get to where I want. Maybe I could use my

snowsocks for the car that have been stuck in the boot since last year :whistling:

Posted

Well we are only a few hours from night fall and I still cannot see where this ppn is going to come from?

A few heavy showers of sleet/rain around bristol at moment but they won't produce much snow and after that it looks patchy and low in intensity. Unless that ppn over wales pivots alot south east?

Sleety rain still falling here. blink.gif

No im confused also.

Theres some beefy showers about, but i cant see where the rush hour problems will be.

Posted

No im confused also.

Theres some beefy showers about, but i cant see where the rush hour problems will be.

I think its starting to pivot and with temps now dropping could become disruptive

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Well it's starting to produce a nasty slushy layer in the main roads in Evesham - I think it could prove quite nasty round here come 5.00 ......

Posted

Just travelled back on train from Nottingham to Gloucester. No snow settling in Cheltenham- cross over the M5 and it turns white. Gloucester about 1 cm of snow-- roads slushy, estate roads white. Not snowing anymore. I was just amazed at the transition between cheltenham and gloucester!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Intense rain at work level has apparently caused a landslide on the road out of the valley, Hansen lorries were blocking the road after trees came down and even more looked like coming down. Police have closed the road now, I came home over the top, which was interesting as the road is narrow as hell and it was the only way to get passed the blockage!

The river is very swollen and full of debris and the water is a very murky brown.

Water is pouring off the moor, which just can't take any more after all the rain/snow of the last few months.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None - UK weather is always exciting at some point

Thornbury is like a winter wonderland, snow up to the kerbs. Total white out! But here in Bristol only rain at present.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Snowing in Nailsea now, it has settled on wraxall hill, its all covered in white.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Well that was fun while it lasted, had some very heavy snow earlier with huge flakes but it didn't settle, not bad going considering the NAE I saw last night showed rain for this area.