Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

A brand spanking volume and thread now given I feel this maybe the start of a very snowy spell for you guys in the Midlands...

Anyway some very heavy returns near the Cotswolds and so maybe some very heavy snow there for a time, the type that if its settling could give an inch of snow in 10-15 mins quite easily.

Places in the heavier precip could well keep the snowfall going throughout, places that haven't and have sleet/rain will need either heavier precip or just hope the front is still about in the eveing times.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks very much like the front has stopped most of it's northward momentum. Is the push east imminent?

No its still moving Northwards but quite slow moving now.

Posted

No its still moving Northwards but quite slow moving now.

Exactly my thoughts, looks like it's close to stopping. Could be just what we need, especially if we can get any convection involved to give it some life.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Still rain/sleet here. Not looking good so far but plenty of time to go.

Posted

Been snowing here for an hour in Wellingborough..beefy flakes now and beginning to settle...I love snow but not when it costs me money, no income day again!....

Posted

Still rain/sleet here. Not looking good so far but plenty of time to go.

A bit sleetish here too now. In all fairness my magic Meteophone (?) says it'll sleet from now untill 3pm, and then it'll be snow all the way.

Posted

A bit sleetish here too now. In all fairness my magic Meteophone (?) says it'll sleet from now untill 3pm, and then it'll be snow all the way.

A bit?? :lol: Count yourself lucky as its just rain here now with about 2 snowflakes a minute.

Birmingham's Dewpoint has shot upto 1c according to XC weather. Snow free for the afternoon i think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow

Extremely light sleet here or slizzle biggrin.gif

Temp is 3.6c but has dropped to that from 4.1c at 1300.

My garden is a sort of microclimate anyway so my weather station has always probably been on the warm side of reality!

METO 1300 Radar update shows a larger swing northwards in the precipitation.

Edited by Paceyboy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Still rain here, and right now I'd be thrilled with 2 snowflakes a minute! whistling.gif Oh well - I'll be back in Bewdley soon, so maybe that extra 50m of altitude will have an effect. I might even get some sleet again! rolleyes.gif

Posted

A bit?? :lol: Count yourself lucky as its just rain here now with about 2 snowflakes a minute.

Birmingham's Dewpoint has shot upto 1c according to XC weather. Snow free for the afternoon i think.

Damnit Blizzards I was trying to pretend I hadn't seen it lol

Posted

This was posted on the Yorkshire thread post-8968-12664990214417_thumb.png

Will be interesting to see if it the precipitation does make it this far north.

Posted

A few more flakes in the mix now. Temps dropping a bit perhaps?

Posted

Well obviously very lucky to have been just the right side of marginal here yesterday, because just the wrong side so far today. It's snowed all the way through, and pretty heavily for at least the last 45 mins or so. But just not quite managed to settle properly, even though it looked like it was starting to.

It may have accumulated a little on the top of the hill where there was already 2-3cm from yesterday, but other than that I'd say about 5cm of potential accumulation down the drain so far mad.gif

Posted

This was posted on the Yorkshire thread post-8968-12664990214417_thumb.png

Will be interesting to see if it the precipitation does make it this far north.

Unlikely as the 06z Run clearly shows it wont make it anywhere that far north.

Posted

The floor's looking very wet outside. I think Birmingham's heat effect really affects these situations. There's been times this winter where it's rained in Birmingham but back home there's been 2 inches plus of snow.

Posted

Its clearly not going to snow here this afternoon now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & thunder storms.

hi im due in hinckely at 3.30 for a meeting can you keep me posted on developing situation. Thnaks

You should be ok, whilst the temp has now dropped to 2.2c from 4c the snow is not settling even on the grass. I know that it could well change in the space of 2 hrs and if it does you won't be able to miss the post with lots of smileys.

Hope your meeting goes well