Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Snowing nicely now in Solihull. I think this system is slowly stalling so who knows how long for?

Settling in areas, but ground is too wet from earlier rain/sleet.

Be back later. :D

Phil.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

YAWN ......................................................................... nonono.gif

Mate - this place is a hell for the beloved white stuff :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Snow getting slightly heavier, but still the smallest of small flakes. Hopefully they will beef up a bit later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

It's wild here - we're up to 4" lying now and no sign of any respite (if that's the right word) yet!

A special good luck wish to those over Leicester way, as you often seem to have missed out this winter (or just whinge the most)! :D

Posted

Yep radar indeed suggests the system has reached its northern extent, now it should continue to feed eastwards as the LP starts to head eastwards as well.

Also worth noting the 12z gives another snow event for exactly the same places as have got it today, once again very marginal stuff BUT timing favours w.Midlands this time, very interesting stuff, I personally wouldn't mind it if it ended up a good bit further south haha!

Posted

Snow gaining intensity by the minute here- on the way to apporaching 'very heavy' status. Still not heavy enough, though. The flakes need to increase in size and it basically has snow like it's never snowed before!

Woah, it certainly is getting quite heavy now! Anyone in the Birmingham area that can add to this?

I'm in the centre, and it's not quite that bad. I'd call it light to moderate as in my previous post.

You can only be all of a few miles away too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, Thunderstorms, Snow

Some small flakes now coming down within the sleet.

Posted

Yep radar indeed suggests the system has reached its northern extent

Bugger :D

Posted

Now that's what I call "Heavy Snow"!

Already settled on the car opposite (always the first one) but now settling onn other cars and gardens alike.

Posted

Yep radar indeed suggests the system has reached its northern extent, now it should continue to feed eastwards as the LP starts to head eastwards as well.

Also worth noting the 12z gives another snow event for exactly the same places as have got it today, once again very marginal stuff BUT timing favours w.Midlands this time, very interesting stuff, I personally wouldn't mind it if it ended up a good bit further south haha!

[/quote

Another snow event for what day?

Posted

Mate - this place is a hell for the beloved white stuff tease.gif

I live about 6 miles or so away from you buddy, I know, but you cant keep all of the people happy for all of the time. whingeing aint really contributing a great deal to the thread though is it ?? Its a discussion board mate, every time I read one of your posts I can hear Suicide Is Painless by the Manic Street Preachers in my head lolpardon.gif Theres always next year for us mate chin up loldrunk.gif

Posted

Wow the 12z nais the same area 3 times in 4 days, exactly the same set-up every single time even to the time of day it arrives at...that would be rather annoying for some but I'm sure for you guys that are getting snow today would love it!

Posted

I live about 6 miles or so away from you buddy, I know, but you cant keep all of the people happy for all of the time. whingeing aint really contributing a great deal to the thread though is it ?? Its a discussion board mate, every time I read one of your posts I can hear Suicide Is Painless by the Manic Street Preachers in my head lolpardon.gif Theres always next year for us mate chin up loldrunk.gif

Its just massively frustrating for us, considering its been an excellent winter cold wise - but the snow has missed us on most occasions from every single angle imagineable. Its annoying!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Here, its sheety sleet (said in an Italian accent :D )

Posted

It's wild here - we're up to 4" lying now and no sign of any respite (if that's the right word) yet!

A special good luck wish to those over Leicester way, as you often seem to have missed out this winter (or just whinge the most)! :D

Weve missed out the most and if we havent i feel sorry for the people that have done worse, However today things may be different if the northward movement starts to come to a halt anytime in the next hour, then the hours the snow falls during darkness could see this piling up. Theres a covering of wet slushy snow atm, but would form a nice base for anything else to settle on. the movement of the low is of key interest to me now to see where the precips likely to head, the center of the low can be clearly seen with that area of precip down south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Snow gaining intensity by the minute here- on the way to apporaching 'very heavy' status. Still not heavy enough, though. The flakes need to increase in size and it basically has snow like it's never snowed before!

Woah, it certainly is getting quite heavy now! Anyone in the Birmingham area that can add to this?

Yep. There has been some pretty heavy flakes falling from the sky, which has settled a little on the grass, trees and cars and although dense, the snowflakes are beginning to get alot smaller now.

Looking at the 5 minute radar, though, there seems to be a great deal more to come. cool.gif

Edit: As a matter of fact, the flakes are getting a tiny bit bigger again.

Edited by Rainbow Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

GFS 12z is very, very teasingly interesting indeed for a snow event on saturday, with a repeat performance slightly further north on Sunday!!

Posted

Can tell you now that this intensity I would class as 'heavy', trust me. But, it's just not heavy enough to settle on roads and pavements. It's just about settling on grass.

I might be in alignment with you soon. It is picking up every time I look outside.

Haven't we got this backwards? lol

Posted

I am in the shadow of the Malverns a bit closer to Sea level and we have had snow since about 11:00am. we now have a about 1 1/2 to 2 inches.

Is it really suppose to get heavier around 18:00 hours. Showing as 12mm of precipitation between 18:00 and 21:00 hours. Is this right?

Posted

I think it's game over for my area but we'll see. I'm pleased for you guys in Worcester but it's so frustrating when 25 miles up the road we have dreary sleet and wet snow!wallbash.gif

Posted

I think it's game over for my area but we'll see. I'm pleased for you guys in Worcester but it's so frustrating when 25 miles up the road we have dreary sleet and wet snow!wallbash.gif

It was always going to be hit and miss for us unfortunately. But as is the case so many times we have missed out by a hair's breadth. Would prefer it to be a few hundred miles away than a few. Still, plenty more oppurtunities over the coming days!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Is it really suppose to get heavier around 18:00 hours. Showing as 12mm of precipitation between 18:00 and 21:00 hours. Is this right?

Which chart are you getting the 12mm info from?