Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Yes hopefully it will be a parliament by then, would work much better smile.gif, also i don't know i think we're still in for a chance of that snow tomorrow night maybe early hours of Sunday morning from the tail end baking round and catching southern Wales maybe an inch or two before the rain washes it away, personally I don't think Sunday during the day is going to be that clear cut could very well bring snow to Wales from the onset the boundary between cold and mild its shifting back and forth atm, but the fact that the front we were expecting yesterday is going straight down the English channel is evidence that the cold is becoming more entrenched yet again, and with this cooler temperatures will result in more favourable conditions for snow.

You may well be right Adam - it's quite complex the way things are set up right now - and things are changing from run to run even within a 24 - 36 hour period + the cold air is really putting up a great fight against any atlantic mild attack - it's great to seebiggrin.gif

Posted

Liam what your saying isnt fair its asif your blaming the people of southern Wales for this :/ the met is in London an anglo centric base that snubs most of Wales all the time if its any consolation we never get warnings here in Sir Gâr either but i've learned to go by my own accord, Lluniau neis , nice pictures :huh:

I dont blame the people of South Wales at all - they have nothing to do with it - I'm blaming the ridiculous forecasters that's been paid too much - S4C only worries about snow if it's in the South (Not blaming anyone else!) due that S4C/ITV is based at Cardiff and the have more reporters down South which gives the lack of concentration on places further North (North Wales) and West (Carmarthen, Pemrokeshire etc.) They SHOULD OF HAVE given us a warning this morning because after 7am it was bad and many accidents happened - One with man badly injured, one day something will happen due to the lack of warnings. So please don't make me out as anyone who tries to blame the people of South Wales, the only people I blame is the over-paid forecasters on S4C/ITV, Gyda Diolch, Liam

(hefyd 'Tra môr yn fur i'r bur hoff bau' nid 'Tra môr yn fur i'r bur hoff bai' yw'r geiriau cywir :huh:)

Posted

I dont blame the people of South Wales at all - they have nothing to do with it - I'm blaming the ridiculous forecasters that's been paid too much - S4C only worries about snow if it's in the South (Not blaming anyone else!) due that S4C/ITV is based at Cardiff and the have more reporters down South which gives the lack of concentration on places further North (North Wales) and West (Carmarthen, Pemrokeshire etc.) They SHOULD OF HAVE given us a warning this morning because after 7am it was bad and many accidents happened - One with man badly injured, one day something will happen due to the lack of warnings. So please don't make me out as anyone who tries to blame the people of South Wales, the only people I blame is the over-paid forecasters on S4C/ITV, Gyda Diolch, Liam

(hefyd 'Tra môr yn fur i'r bur hoff bau' nid 'Tra môr yn fur i'r bur hoff bai' yw'r geiriau cywir :blush:)

Rhaid cofio bod Y Tywydd ar s4c yn dod o ITV dim ond ei gomisynu mae S4C, hefyd os nad oedd rhybudd allan gan y swyddfa dywydd mae'n anhebygol iawn base Itv yn dilyn trywydd gwahanol am yr un rheswm ar BBC mae nhw'n cael eu gwybodaeth i gyd o'r Swyddfa Dywydd. Nid bai ar bobl/gyflwynwyr S4C na ITV ond bai'r Swyddfa dywydd. A rhaid cofio bod canolfan ffilmio 'da s4c yng Nghaernarfon. Dwi'n deall pa mor dryslyd ydy gweld eira trwm ond dim rhybudd o gwbwl tra bod Llundain a llefydd felly'n cael fflwchad a mae'r byd ar stop, dwi'n deall hefyd bod e'n annerbyniol ac yn peryglu bywydau ond rhaid cofio taw prif ffynhonnell y tywydd ym Mhrydain ydy'r SD.

You must remember that the weather on s4c comes from itv s4c only commission it, also if there wasnt a warning out by the met office then its unlikely that itv will go on their own and issue a warning due to the same reason as the bbc, that being they get their information from the met office, its not s4c team's fault or itvs but the mets, and i would like to also point out that s4c has a studio in caernarfon. I understand how dryslyd it is to see heavy snow and no warning at all while London and places alike have a flurry and the world is on stop, i also understand its unacceptable and risks lives but you must remember that the main source of Weather forecasts in Britain is the Met.

(Gyda llaw diolch am bwyntio allan nawr dwi'n sylwi gamdeipo oedd, mae U A I gyferbyn a'i gilydd hehe)

Posted

(hefyd 'Tra môr yn fur i'r bur hoff bau' nid 'Tra môr yn fur i'r bur hoff bai' yw'r geiriau cywir tease.gif)

I think I know what the problem is here - Both the meto and the beeb and other broadcasters S4C/ITV have a "tough" time in these sorts of weather set ups (not that I'm defending them mind) - a lot of this weather is of the marginal variety - so could go either way - + the severity of the said weather like you had this morning is not known till the last minute - so is difficult to warn about - admittedly there is a bias - certainly between england and wales - but some events are just hard to predict as well

Posted

Still not right everybody pays taxes it should be fair, Wales is always snubbed, i personaly feel we should have a national Welsh, Scottish and English Met office with the main office handling specific data then sending it to the national weather offices of Wales Scotland and England and then they can look into it further with the local knowledge etc that they have.

We do have a Met Office in Cardiff. They don't seem to be front facing!!!!

Posted

Oes mae gan S4C swyddfa yng Nghaernarfon, er bod hynny yn rhyw fath o 'gynrychiolaeth' o'r Gogledd, rhyw swyddfa fechan di-nod ydyw sydd yn fwy neu lai ar gyfer cadw nwyddau a.y.y.b Oes mae Stiwdio Bracud fawr ond nid Stiwdio/HQ'r Gogledd S4C, yn hytrach stiwdio ar gyfer cwmniau fel Cwmni Da a cwmniau bychain annibynnol. Fel y Cymry, rydyn ni'n haeddu gwell na'r gwasanaeth sydd i'w gael ar hyn o bryd. Bydd yn rhaid i Gymru gael gwasnaeth dywydd gwell ac annibynnol. Grwp ar gyfer Facebook efallai i gychwyn yr ymgyrch!? =)

Now then back to the topic - Snow showers seems to be forming again although it has thawed quite a bit since it last snowed around a hour ago. Temperatures now 1.2C

Posted

blink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gif

I thought they were in Exeter

Their main office is in Exeter, but they do have a forecaster in Cardiff somewhere too.

Posted

Oes mae gan S4C swyddfa yng Nghaernarfon, er bod hynny yn rhyw fath o 'gynrychiolaeth' o'r Gogledd, rhyw swyddfa fechan di-nod ydyw sydd yn fwy neu lai ar gyfer cadw nwyddau a.y.y.b Oes mae Stiwdio Bracud fawr ond nid Stiwdio/HQ'r Gogledd S4C, yn hytrach stiwdio ar gyfer cwmniau fel Cwmni Da a cwmniau bychain annibynnol. Fel y Cymry, rydyn ni'n haeddu gwell na'r gwasanaeth sydd i'w gael ar hyn o bryd. Bydd yn rhaid i Gymru gael gwasnaeth dywydd gwell ac annibynnol. Grwp ar gyfer Facebook efallai i gychwyn yr ymgyrch!? =)

Now then back to the topic - Snow showers seems to be forming again although it has thawed quite a bit since it last snowed around a hour ago. Temperatures now 1.2C

Cytuno 'da ti mae eisiau dechrau un, os wyt ti am fe wnai ymaelodi'n syth. (Basically he says we need to camapign for an Independent Welsh Met office and to start a group on facebook and to be honest I couldn't agree more)

Posted

Their main office is in Exeter, but they do have a forecaster in Cardiff somewhere too.

well yes Derek is employed by the meto as part of the contract with the BBC - but I think he enjoys being more of a presenter and part of the BBC team really

Cytuno 'da ti mae eisiau dechrau un, os wyt ti am fe wnai ymaelodi'n syth. (Basically he says we need to camapign for an Independent Welsh Met office and to start a group on facebook and to be honest I couldn't agree more)

well that's one way - certainly everyone on this group would get involved + we could contact a particular AM who has sympathies in this area and would be willing to campaign for something like this - after all they throw £800,000 a year at a flying service from north to south/south to north wales that is struggling to make a profit - this would help the forecasters in Wales really get a grip on the detail for our wonderful country

Posted

And there is an actual met office forecaster in the city too - because someone has to provide information to the likes of WAG! I've actually seen met office weather warning faxes from Cardiff - bilingual so I know they do exist.

Matt Taylor worked at the Commercial office in Cardiff. http://news.bbc.co.uk/weather/hi/about/newsid_7844000/7844607.stm

Posted

My fyddai siwr o wneud!, I sure Will, dont worry Liam my Saesneg isn't the best either:).

Could somebody help me with this avatar busines? it says it needs to be no biggerthan 90x90 pixels and when i do that it's too small :/ and appears in the corner its really annoying, and i want to have an avatar,

Unrhyw gymorth os gwelwch yn dda i fachan druenus o dwp :angry::closedeyes:

Any help please for a boy who is incredibly stupid :(:acute:

Posted

It's looking doubtful for any snow tomorrow now as the front has moved further south but - we'll need to check the models later this afternoon to be doubly sure that is the case. Otherwise we got rain coming in the day sunday turning to heavy snow over night into monday

You seem to forget snow coming in around 4am saturday could get a few cms no wind so we could get more than that.

Posted

But it's moved south mate.

Not what i saw still should reach swales,Andy is the snow sunday still on mondays snow.Is the uppers any better than yesterday or are we going to see the same event eg wet snow sleet in s wales sunday monday with snow on high ground only?

Posted

Not what i saw still should reach swales,Andy is the snow sunday still on mondays snow.Is the uppers any better than yesterday or are we going to see the same event eg wet snow sleet in s wales sunday monday with snow on high ground only?

let me check the latest info - I'll give you an answer shortly

nothing for overnight Kieth for Wales - possibly one or two isolated showers in north wales/anglesey thats all!

But it's moved south mate.

so far south it's off the charts as far as I can see

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow
:clap: its stopped snowing here now and its melting .... temp 2.4C

Posted

My fyddai siwr o wneud!, I sure Will, dont worry Liam my Saesneg isn't the best either:).

Could somebody help me with this avatar busines? it says it needs to be no biggerthan 90x90 pixels and when i do that it's too small :/ and appears in the corner its really annoying, and i want to have an avatar,

Unrhyw gymorth os gwelwch yn dda i fachan druenus o dwp sad.giftongue.gif

Any help please for a boy who is incredibly stupid sad.giftongue.gif

try a different picture Adam if that one won't work just to make sure it's not the picture your using - I use microsofts picture editor - very basic - but it has a resizer in their - and you can resize using a number of different ways

Jay according to metoffice rainfall radar still hitting swales around 4am coldest time perfect for snow.

middle of the night

Rtavn124.png

6am in the morning

Rtavn184.png

Posted

Beth am hwn fel logo newydd Liam?

What about this for the new logo.

post-6408-12665944845617_thumb.jpg

Edited by adamjones416

Posted

The situation in this set up is changing soooooooo much sooooooooooo fast it's hard to keep up - right then

Sunday morning's looking good for some snow - not a huge amount but some certainly - then unlike yesterdays models who had us being rained on all day sunday - we have a dryish interlude before sunday night

Another BIG LOW FRONT piles into Wales and drops it's white load on us again overnight sunday into monday

Beth am hwn fel logo newydd Liam?

What about this for the new logo.

ok how do i upload photos its changed i cant find it?

click on your name in your post

then go to the right hand top corner where it says edit profile

then look in left hand column where it says change photo and click on it

you can then upload your photo from your computer in there

snow shower here right now

Edited by andymusic

Posted

The situation in this set up is changing soooooooo much sooooooooooo fast it's hard to keep up - right then

Sunday morning's looking good for some snow - not a huge amount but some certainly - then unlike yesterdays models who had us being rained on all day sunday - we have a dryish interlude before sunday night

Another BIG LOW FRONT piles into Wales and drops it's white load on us again overnight sunday into monday

click on your name in your post

then go to the right hand top corner where it says edit profile

then look in left hand column where it says change photo and click on it

you can then upload your photo from your computer in there

snow shower here right now

Haha no andy you miss understood :clap: i was on ab out attaching a file but ive done it now as you can see :clap: thanks anyway.