Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Carry on here people after a decent days snowfall for quite a lot...and a stonking 18z run...what is there to come for the Midlands in the next week?

Cannock Chase next Thursday:

DeerDeepSnow3.jpg

Posted

Cannock Chase next Thursday:

DeerDeepSnow3.jpg

lol that is really funny Nick. The missus thinks I've gone mad laughing my head off at that picture she just asked whats so funny about it but I cant be ar**d to explain it to herrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Posted

Interesting day for me today.

Been in London today...heavy rain down there on and off for most of the day. Plain miserable...we still had a nice time though!

Train journey back has been interesting. Was just wet up as far as Milton Keynes. Then just south of Northampton it turned to snow and Northampton was in the process of getting a decent covering. Then there was a lot of snow around Rugby and particularly Coventry. Amounts tailed off again heading into Birmingham. Stourbridge Junction has a good covering but here in Wordsley little more than a dusting. In fact, my home appears to have the least snow of anywhere in the snow zone!

But a great journey home, all from a train window!

Posted

I've just got in and seen the 18z GFS.... :D:D:D :lol:

If it's a quarter of what is predicted we'll still get plastered!

Anyway, that's in the future - we've got a decent covering here in Oadby, Leicester; 3/4cm. Nearer town there's barely a dusting. If it freezes overnight tomorrow morning will be an interesting walk into Uni...

Posted

lol that is really funny Nick. The missus thinks I've gone mad laughing my head off at that picture she just asked whats so funny about it but I cant be ar**d to explain it to herrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

:lol:

In all seriousness though, if this was forecast for London 6 days out, there would be emergency broadcasts every 5 minutes on News 24...

Posted

Well in Kingswinford we bareley have 0.5cm lying snow :lol: .

I was expecting to either take the wifes Rav 4 to work or maybe even walk like a few weeks back but ,

i think the beemer will be fine .

Nick

Posted

Looking at the ensembles they are a total mess whivch means there really can't be any confidence on any solution, for example some ensembles have the snowfall threat in N.Scotland, whilst the next ensemble member has the south getting 30hrs of snow!

So obviously there are very big uncertainties...

IF the 18z came even close though that'd be the 2nd historic fall of the season!

Posted

Interesting journey home from Cranfield (between Milton Keynes and Bedford) to Gayton (east of Northampton) today at 4pm. Heavy rain in Cranfield with a few blobs of sleet (2c on the car thermometer). Slight increase in the sleetineess through Newport Pagnell. Just South of Stoke Goldingtopm changed to wet snow (1C) and just North proper snow lying on the road. By Salcey forest it was lying everywhere with a temp of 0C. On reaching Gayton there was 5cms lying.

Still snowing fairly constantly here in Wootton - about 5cms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Torrential snow next week? Head to Brum! laugh.gif

http://www.netweathe...;sess=#forecast

Oh my goodness me...shok.gif

Posted

West Brom and Villa both have FA Cup replays at home next Wednesday...or perhaps not :)

Posted

Bucketing down here with snow, can't see the footprints from when I put the bins out an hour ago. At the current rate I would say 3cm/hr.

Posted

The 18z is one of the best runs ive ever seen for snow here :) the 00z is going to be a monumental downgrade on that!!

Still managing to snow very lightly here with dense freezing fog now.

Posted

You'll only lose anyway Nickrofl.gif

In the same way you lost to Palace then? :):)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

If the 18z GFS came off, the Net Weather would be deafened by the moans of ecstacy as the Midlands thread has collective multiple snowgasms.... :)

Posted

I should have known that was coming Nickoops.gif . For the record I think you'll win and you'll get promoted. Dorrans fantastic player.

Anyway back on topic still snowing lightly here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

I should have known that was coming Nickoops.gif . For the record I think you'll win and you'll get promoted. Dorrans fantastic player.

Anyway back on topic still snowing lightly here.

And here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

uksnowdepth.png

The Midlands disappeared for 40 days and 40 nights under 40cm of snow.

Posted

A little disappointed actually to come home from London through brilliant snowfall across the midlands and find next to nothing at this end of Stourbridge.

Anyone know what happened to ensure that this little quarter of Stourbridge recieved very little?

Posted

A little disappointed actually to come home from London through brilliant snowfall across the midlands and find next to nothing at this end of Stourbridge.

Anyone know what happened to ensure that this little quarter of Stourbridge recieved very little?

the wordsley massive decided to do a topless carwash in order to raise a bucketload of cash for seeding the clouds in the event of another snow event, in order to keep the suburb freely flowing. :)

Posted

question ---- had 2.5 inches here in nw leics/south derbys, really heavy on trees roofs etc, however the roads do have a covering but it is really slushy and seems to be melitng rapidly why is this??

Because it's very marginal and borderline snow/rain, so the snow is already half melted when it reaches the ground. Not nice snow at all. But it is still nice to look at.