Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I'd love to see some of the charts some of the rampers in this topic have been looking at ... in a reasonable timeframe there remains little chance of snow for the Midlands (bar the odd flurry).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I'd love to see some of the charts some of the rampers in this topic have been looking at ... in a reasonable timeframe there remains little chance of snow for the Midlands (bar the odd flurry).

http://charts.netwea...uksnowdepth.png

Last night we were perfectly entitled to ramp.

Edited by nick2702

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Well in Stratford there is very little snow left, but here in my village our road is still covered and we have a good inch or more left in the garden. It was a great snow spell!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

absolutley, and there's still 48+ hours of model evolution to come, all to play for in my book!

Posted

And it was only a couple of days ago that everyone was writing yesterday's snow event off for us!

I swear it's sour grapes by the southeasters sometimes lol! :lol:

Posted

And it was only a couple of days ago that everyone was writing yesterday's snow event off for us!

I swear it's sour grapes by the southeasters sometimes lol! :lol:

Isn't it wonderful having roles reversed for a change? :)

Posted

To fair though that GFS run was quite clearlyu not going to come off, the 12z yesterday appears to have had the right trend in the end with the snow threat being further north, though of course there is still time for it all to change round thats true...

The 06z NAE for example puts the snow risk further east then the 06z GFS which justs shots all up north after cutting through W.Wales, at least W.Midlands would have a shot with the 06z NAE.

Edited by kold weather

Posted

To fair though that GFS run was quite clearlyu not going to come off, the 12z yesterday appears to have had the right trend in the end with the snow threat being further north, though of course there is still time for it all to change round thats true...

The 06z NAE for example puts the snow risk further east then the 06z GFS which justs shots all up north after cutting through W.Wales.

I know it wasn't going to come off, but the poster I quoted was wondering why people were ramping - and that chart was ramping gold! It will come down to nowcasting once again.

Posted

Snowing again!

Posted

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

OWWWWW!!!! look at those showers coming through the cheshire gap!!! they're gonna hit me!!! what are they rain/snow/ snain? :blush:

Edited by cyclonic happiness

Posted

http://www.metoffice...adar/index.html

OWWWWW!!!! look at those showers coming through the cheshire gap!!! they're gonna hit me!!! what are they rain/snow/ snain? :blush:

Wet snow :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Wet snow :lol:

Whoa!....what a shower!....just dropped about 2cm of hail/wet snow in 15 mins....was an absolute whiteout here for a few minutes!.....radar shows a nice cheshire gap streamer setting up....should be an interesting afternoon :blush:

post-4149-12665902710617_thumb.txt

Posted

Whoa!....what a shower!....just dropped about 2cm of hail/wet snow in 15 mins....was an absolute whiteout here for a few minutes!.....radar shows a nice cheshire gap streamer setting up....should be an interesting afternoon :blush:

post-4149-12665902710617_thumb.txt

This is bizarre. Radar says I am slap bang in the middle of it - yet nothing more than very light wet snow. Very odd indeed.

Edit: Now heavy snow grains LOL

Edited by nick2702

Posted

Lol, this is rubbish. Just endless heavy snow grains. Barely even giving a dusting!

Posted

More wet snow at Keele from the Clwyd/Cheshire steamer..not sticking though.More to come!

Ian

Keele University : Weather Data

Lat. 52° 59' 55 N Long. 2° 16' 05 W :

OS Grid Ref : SJ 820447; Alt. 179m (587ft) O.D

P.S. Been posting snow reports under..er..snow reports up to now , but in reality most of them seem to be here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Ended up with about an inch last night, turned out much better than i originally expected. Just had another shower that covered roofs and grass again, massive flakes. Looks like tommorows snow chance has shifted south of here, although sunday could be interesting for a while. Next week is too much to consider atm, although i imagine there will be some snow around agian.

Posted

Ended up with about an inch last night, turned out much better than i originally expected. Just had another shower that covered roofs and grass again, massive flakes. Looks like tommorows snow chance has shifted south of here, although sunday could be interesting for a while. Next week is too much to consider atm, although i imagine there will be some snow around agian.

Amazing the amount of difference a few miles makes. You had massive flakes, I had some of the smallest flakes ever - I thought it was rain at first!

Posted

The 12z is a bit better then the 06z was, as the angle of attack from the low is somewhat better, also a trough/front develops again in the south of England thats gets lifted northwards, which would give a possible snow event.

On the 12z draw a line from the Wash to Mid Wales and you'd have a rough snow-rain line on the 12z run, its a far better run IMO.

Posted

The 12z is a bit better then the 06z was, as the angle of attack from the low is somewhat better, also a trough/front develops again in the south of England thats gets lifted northwards, which would give a possible snow event.

On the 12z draw a line from the Wash to Mid Wales and you'd have a rough snow-rain line on the 12z run, its a far better run IMO.

They are only minute changes on the grand scale of things, but what a huge amount of difference it is making in terms of where the snow is and isn't!