Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

some light snow here atm, cheshire gap streamer in effect.......btw, apparently there was a major murder/mystery cliffhanger finally solved on BBC tonight, so can anyone put me out of my misery and please tell me......Who Shot JR??" doh.giflaugh.gif

just had a covering of snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

cheshire gap coming alive again, but missing me to my east, but sky orange hoping to catch one

infact snowing now very lightly

Edited by mark forster 630

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

cheshire gap coming alive again, but missing me to my east, but sky orange hoping to catch one

infact snowing now very lightly

You will run out of room in your sig before long lol

Posted

You will run out of room in your sig before long lol

lol hopefully yes, snowing now, you may catch it, but only light flurry

Posted

Well those showers are clearing the mountains...just the marches to go...

..and even if they did make it, it looks like they'll go south of here.

Dearie me, the hoops the snow showers have to jump through to get anywhere near here! I reckon they'll be going or gone by the next radar frame.

Posted

Yep 18z still going for the more northerly option, will be interesting to see what the 18z NAE goes for.

The 18z would probably be a snow to rain event for southerly parts of the Midlands on Sunday, though for more northerly parts it would be very good indeed with probably 5-7cms I'd iamgine...

Also very good for Monday as well with a front stalling in the south Midlands...good run but not quite as snowy as the 12z thus far!

Posted

Yep 18z still going for the more northerly option, will be interesting to see what the 18z NAE goes for.

The 18z would probably be a snow to rain event for southerly parts of the Midlands on Sunday, though for more northerly parts it would be very good indeed with probably 5-7cms I'd iamgine...

Also very good for Monday as well with a front stalling in the south Midlands...good run but not quite as snowy as the 12z thus far!

yeah mondays low looks great, similar track to last nights, no mild following, just hope the 00Z doesn't trend it north

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Monday on the GFS doesnt look that interesting to me. Some light snow or sleet but thats it really.

Posted

Monday on the GFS doesnt look that interesting to me. Some light snow or sleet but thats it really.

further into FI now but another attempt tuesday night, maybe 3rd time lucky

Posted

Monday sets up Tuesday very nicely, its quite possible that any second low would follow the first ones very closely so the first low should give a good indication of where the second one will be...

Looks to me like there are probably 3 seperate possible snow shots coming up according to the 18z for this region, can't deny its an interesting period for weather!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

further into FI now but another attempt tuesday night, maybe 3rd time lucky

Looks very tasty but i have no optimism nor pessimism right now. I can only see it downgrading but definately next week should see further snow at times.

Posted

GFS precip chart bfor Monday shows snow on the leading edge

10022206_1918.gif

GFS has been pretty accurate recently with its precip. On a few occasions the NAE and others have fell into line with it so its to early to write it off yet guyscold.gif

Posted

Monday sets up Tuesday very nicely, its quite possible that any second low would follow the first ones very closely so the first low should give a good indication of where the second one will be...

Looks to me like there are probably 3 seperate possible snow shots coming up according to the 18z for this region, can't deny its an interesting period for weather!

The amount of attempts at snow events during the next 5 days is simply incredible. In winters gone by we would have been delighted to get this many attempts during the entire season.

Posted

ANOTHER ONE ON THURS!

http://charts.netweather.tv/gfsimages/gfs.20100219/18/129/prectypeuktopo.png

Have the weather Gods got the Midlands snow button stuck or something?! This is insane.

Posted

ANOTHER ONE ON THURS!

http://charts.netwea...ctypeuktopo.png

Have the weather Gods got the Midlands snow button stuck or something?! This is insane.

into FI proper now but 5th snowstorm for Friday, surely one will come off out 0f 5

Posted

into FI proper now but 5th snowstorm for Friday, surely one will come off out 0f 5

I want one on Saturday, a white 18th birthday would go down very nicely indeed...not that I will be sober enough to notice it of course.

Posted

OMG and another setting up for Friday? :p

It would be funny if we didnt get anything at all in the end.:)

Posted

OMG and another setting up for Friday? :)

It would be funny if we didnt get anything at all in the end.:)

Our definitions of "funny" differ greatly my friend :p

Posted

That is simply insane, tell you what I would get a lot of rain in Chichester BUT I'd love to see that run comes off just to see something exceptional...I think to be honest that would even kick the 5-6th Jan event into touch if that 18z came off...insane!!!

As I said in the model thread, IF the 18z was right you'd be looking at 40-60cms quite widely...utterly...mental!

And probably a snowy outlier as well to boot!

Posted

GFS snow amounts chart reckons we will be on for nearly a foot by Friday. :)

Our definitions of "funny" differ greatly my friend :)

Both bad and good. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

It all depends on initial positioning of the first low come T0. It will likely set the pattern for the others. I doubt the models can accurately predict what will follow. The first low is the one to look at for now with final positioning far from certain. Complex patterns can and will cause chaos further on in the medium-to-long term output.