Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Anyone see anything coming my way? Did all my jobs indoors today so could spend tomorrow out but have rear wheel drive car so don't go out in anything slippy, what do you knowledgeable people predict for me over night?

Has been a lovely day here, had windows open and even put washing on the line for the first time this year. it didn't dry completely but was nice to have the sun to be able to hang it out.

Hope you all get the weather you wish for. x

Guest FireStorm

Anyone see anything coming my way? Did all my jobs indoors today so could spend tomorrow out but have rear wheel drive car so don't go out in anything slippy, what do you knowledgeable people predict for me over night?

Has been a lovely day here, had windows open and even put washing on the line for the first time this year. it didn't dry completely but was nice to have the sun to be able to hang it out.

Hope you all get the weather you wish for. x

Edited: mis-read

Clear spells overnight allowing the temps to dip slightly -hovering around freezing for the coast lines of Kent, perhaps scraping a degree above freezing.

It might be a touch slippery, depends how early/late you go out

Edited by FireStorm

Posted

Indeed, will be intresting to see the next few frames after this one on the NAE.

post-10842-12666868003617_thumb.gif

Looks like the MetO are using their human input regarding the latest Advisory Warning for Heavy snow in the SE on Monday

Posted

We had a heavy Snow shower around an hour ago. It only lay for around 15 mins but rather a shock after the lovely day we had today!!

What a weird Winter this has been.

Yup have noticed the new Met Office warning.

One thing is for sure, it's going to be interesting this week! :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

theres some lining up out west heading for basingstoke on route to us drunk.gif

convective shrs really getting going over alot of uk that sun really has some warmth , should see some heavy snow/hail shrs across se maybe settling in any intense onesdrinks.gif

what time do these arrive?biggrin.gif they are heading our way id say late evening ?

Good old Nimblus (without a capital 'n' i noticed) Surely one of the most optimistic members around. Wish i could be as hopefull! Anyway evening now and those showers still waaay off the west coast. Im bored, who wants to play xbox?

Posted

Looks like the MetO are using their human input regarding the latest Advisory Warning for Heavy snow in the SE on Monday

I think giving the volatile behaviour of he lows they are covering all bases. Look at today for instance, the front was forecast yesterday to head across to the wash with SE being too far south to see any percipitation. The outcome was that it went along the chanel with a few convective showers across the region.

Going by this the low on monday could push up to yorkshire or stay in the extreme south. The warnings now extend right down to Southampton! Even the NAE has the snow only as far south as Northamptonshire!

Just noticed even Greater London is in the warning for 7cm on Monday! If this happens I realy will eat my hat!

Edited by Tim Bland

Posted

Good old Nimblus (without a capital 'n' i noticed) Surely one of the most optimistic members around. Wish i could be as hopefull! Anyway evening now and those showers still waaay off the west coast. Im bored, who wants to play xbox?

Lets play modern warfare yippeeeeee loldrinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Lets play modern warfare yippeeeeee loldrinks.gif

Damn dont like that much, got tekken 6?! come on lets have a fight ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Well the 18z GFS is even more of a downgrade for Monday, with the early hours of tomorrow morning the only chances for any snow here, and they are slim to say the least!

It would be lovely to get a couple of hours of sustained snow to watch overnight here (fingers, toes and eyes crossed) and then roll on Spring!!!!

It has been a case of so very, very near, but yet SOOOO far this winter for me, and now the heating bills are crippling me, so without snow, I want warmth now, so the chances of a high of 10ºc on Friday seems great right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

I think giving the volatile behaviour of he lows they are covering all bases. Look at today for instance, the front was forecast yesterday to head across to the wash with SE being too far south to see any percipitation. The outcome was that it went along the chanel with a few convective showers across the region.

Going by this the low on monday could push up to yorkshire or stay in the extreme south. The warnings now extend right down to Southampton! Even the NAE has the snow only as far south as Northamptonshire!

Just noticed even Greater London is in the warning for 7cm on Monday! If this happens I realy will eat my hat!

I'll join you in that hat eating, I expect the warning to dissapear by Sunday nigbt.

It[s funny how they have a warning for us on that day but their forecast for the area is rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Surely the band of ppn currently over Bournemouth and South into the English Channel is going to get to the SE way ahead of schedule, (with the ppn getting heavier as it heads our way), so am I mad in getting slightly excited about the prospect of some settling snow here in London, or will the temps rise too quickly?

EDIT: Met Office have issued a flash warning for our area, mainly for ice, but they must be looking at the radar and thinking that the ppn is heavier and earlier than anticipated as well.

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Surely the band of ppn currently over Bournemouth and South into the English Channel is going to get to the SE way ahead of schedule, (with the ppn getting heavier as it heads our way), so am I mad in getting slightly excited about the prospect of some settling snow here in London, or will the temps rise too quickly?

EDIT: Met Office have issued a flash warning for our area, mainly for ice, but they must be looking at the radar and thinking that the ppn is heavier and earlier than anticipated as well.

That's what I'm thinking. It's freezing outside. A hard frost, some thick fog earlier and now some thick cloud is rolling in. Temps would have to rise pretty rapidly fir it to fall as rain.

Posted

Sorry... I'm a few miles south of the M4, quite close to Reading. 0.8c and lots of rain here!

Posted

Sorry... I'm a few miles south of the M4, quite close to Reading. 0.8c and lots of rain here!

Damn. Did u have much frost overnight? It's still very frosty here with thick cloud cover and the ppn is nearly here. Wishful thinking I suppose

Posted

Damn. Did u have much frost overnight? It's still very frosty here with thick cloud cover and the ppn is nearly here. Wishful thinking I suppose

Yep we were cold and frosty a few hours ago with temps down at -3.2c! A few flakes of wet snow around 5am then rain all the way. Annoyingly temp is just 0.8c now. I expect it'll be falling as snow a bit further north or with a bit of altitude (I'm only 70m asl here) --High Wycombe?? Chilterns?

Are you sitting on a hill Danm?

Edited by Kiwi

Posted

Yep we were cold and frosty a few hours ago with temps down at -3.2c! A few flakes of wet snow around 5am then rain all the way. Annoyingly temp is just 0.8c now. I expect it'll be falling as snow a bit further north or with a bit of altitude (I'm only 70m asl here) --High Wycombe?? Chilterns?

Are you sitting on a hill Danm?

Nope! I'm sitting in suburban London. I suppose it'll be the same for us. Maybe a few flakes of snow, then rain. Aah well.

Posted

came to work this morning at 0530 and was very frosty outside. got to work around 0630 and no frost in C London but light rain/sleet. temps above freezing and no wind making it just a wet miserable sort of start to the day

Posted

came to work this morning at 0530 and was very frosty outside. got to work around 0630 and no frost in C London but light rain/sleet. temps above freezing and no wind making it just a wet miserable sort of start to the day

MAF

Feel just like a dog awaiting scraps from a rich roast dinner with this 'wet rain' offering....time for a treat for the SE!