Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London And Southeast Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Thanks for the update archiesmummy :p WMC model did have some issues a couple of months ago, but they seem to have sorted out the gremlins. After a few runs, WMC has been consistent for colder uppers in the SE from the middle of this coming week, so I'm ramping :lol:

Just hope people dont buy into your ramping otherwise they will end up disappointed.

Its going to be rain down here, all the reliable charts say so along with the met office which is good enough for me.

Posted

Just hope people dont buy into your ramping otherwise they will end up disappointed.

Its going to be rain down here, all the reliable charts say so along with the met office which is good enough for me.

I see your point. Rain tomorrow is certain. Let's see what Tuesday brings and so on. I'm ramping due to the WMC model showing colder uppers from the middle of the week which has been shown on a few model runs.

Guest archiesmummy

can i just say, most people who live in this country know that the weather is at best a little unreliable, snow is one of those things, like marmite you love it or you hate it, now if Yamkin wants to ramp then let him, if people take every weather forecast to the exact word and say in this example cancel plans for fri then so be it but human nature is what it is and nothing is 100%, yes it most likely will rain on fri and everyday this week but if people can be sensible enough to yes get excited but not ready to pop prozac if it doesnt then its all a bit of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its like looking forward to christmas, all the hype, the lights the bells the tree and then the in-laws turn up, (rain) you knew they would but you just hoped they may canx (snow)

clap.gifgood.gif

I thank you!!!!!!!

Posted

Indeed, Yamkin just showing that other models showing the potential for snow. He never said it will snow. I for one want to see all the models.

i dont want this to turn into the model thread, where if you mention any potential for cold or snow in the south, badboys will come in and tell you off.

Just because ecmwf,ukmo,gfs show rain doesent mean it will be just rain, we seen all the models flip within 24 hours before.

we only need minor tweeks to give us chances of backedge snow.

I will expect rain this week, but if i see any signs of snow i will post them on here like yamkin does.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

well im off as theres very little going on here this evening, best chance for us is later in the week, or may be some back edge snow tomorrow

Posted

LomondSnowstorm says in the Model Discussion Thread that the WMC model is a joke :wallbash:

We have seen the models classed as the major ones e.g. GFS, UKMO & ECM change goal posts this winter so many times and I class them a joke at times to be honest :lol:

Only because WMC has ironed out the gremlins, I have decided to take their model more seriously. Time will tell if more runs shows the cold uppers continuing. I believe the model will :clap:

Goodnight all :lazy:

Edited by yamkin

Posted

rain, rain and more rain.... :lol: my 1st soaking of the day when i walked to the station at 0530. hopefully my walk home tonight will be drier

nothing much has changed overnight in the forecast. still a risk for Beds/Buck/Ox for the higher ground to see some snow. further south its just rain i am afraid

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine & Snow

There was a dusting when I woke up but the snow has gotten heavier in the last 15 minutes or so and it's starting to settle everywhere now!

Posted

Although the radar is showing rain, it is snowing heavily here in Epping, not settling though

Posted

Although the radar is showing rain, it is snowing heavily here in Epping, not settling though

BBC forecast showed snow/rain for Epping earlier. i think the boundary is just about where you are. anyhting south of that is mostly rain.

welcome to NW by the way :lol:

Posted

Snowing here about 8 miles further north in Sawbridgeworth, East Herts. Good to here it is snowing in Epping.

Posted

Cheers MAF, think I chose a good winter to find this site and start trying to learn a thing or two about model watching etc!

Think you are right about Epping being the boundary, was rain when I left Bexley earlier this morning, and only started noticing it changing to snow when trying to negotiate the flooded back roads of Epping

Edited by swash

Posted

yep, still going strong in Epping, sticking to the skylight in my office now, but not on the cars, pavements etc

Out of interest does anyone know why the radar shows solid blues around this area when it is snowing heavily, the only greens and pinks on the NW radar are north of Cambridge?

Edited by swash

Posted

I am I being off topic in here if I say it's been tipping it down with rain for 24 hours in Sussex??? :lol:

8.6 mm overnight!

Posted

yep, still going strong in Epping, sticking to the skylight in my office now, but not on the cars, pavements etc

Out of interest does anyone know why the radar shows solid blues around this area when it is snowing heavily, the only greens and pinks on the NW radar are north of Cambridge?

possibly because the ppn is so marginal between rain/snow :unknw: not sure though :)

I am I being off topic in here if I say it's been tipping it down with rain for 24 hours in Sussex??? unsure.gif

8.6 mm overnight!

and more to come Coast :( some very heavy echoes on the radar down your way mate

Posted

Really???? Heavy rain here in Silver End (about 4 miles away)!!

It's been raining here for hours!

Yep it was heavy snow in braintree but now its gone lighter snow pellets and looks abit sleety. Theres a light dusting on the grass though.#

***edit***

Just turned to snow again.

Edited by smith25

Posted

Hello wintrywend, me neither, was expecting wall to wall rain, so definitely a bonus!