Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Sedgefield is abandoned...

http://www.sedgefiel...ing-weather.php

Ill go to redcar instead for the day :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Ill go to redcar instead for the day smile.gif

Snowing very lightly now in redcar its going to need to get alot more heavy to amount to anything,but i am just pleased that it is snow falling from the sky at the moment

Posted

Light to moderate snow here for the past hour, everything now white, probably about 1/2cm or so in total the moment. Off to Cotherstone for Sunday lunch so will be interesting to see what it's like a bit further into the hills.

Posted

starting to cloud over quite well now, my dads just went out for a run so hopefully he will get caught in it as sadistic as that sounds LOL.

6z gfs run doesnt want to know about tyneside apparently...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

The frost has suddenly lifted and the sky has turned milky, usually that is a sign of approaching snow so I wouldn't have though it will be long now.

Posted

If the PPN does arrive, it will pivot around the low which is just to the South of us so a few hours of snow is quite possible even if it won't be all that heavy. Could be an interesting afternoon or it could just be a damp squib.

Looking at the raintoday radar, the PPN is not that far away now apparently.

Posted

Snowing very lightly now in redcar its going to need to get alot more heavy to amount to anything,but i am just pleased that it is snow falling from the sky at the moment

been snowing very lightly for about an hour now, not laying, really needs to pep up abit if we are to see a covering, fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

As its pivoting round the low it seems to be moving in from the SE now rather than the SW, and if you study the radar it appears to be pepping up a little bit as its picking up moisture from the North Sea. That might be a good thing if it peps up the snow, but there's always the risk of a 2nd Jan rerun with sleety wet snow all day.

Posted

As its pivoting round the low it seems to be moving in from the SE now rather than the SW, and if you study the radar it appears to be pepping up a little bit as its picking up moisture from the North Sea. That might be a good thing if it peps up the snow, but there's always the risk of a 2nd Jan rerun with sleety wet snow all day.

no sleet as yet alza just very light snow blowing about, the ground is soaking wet now so deffo not going to lay unless it really peps up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

After a -7.1c low its now 3.1c here now. I am going for the damp squib, unless the ppn intensifies later in the afternoon, which could bring the temp back down. Even still, I feel lying snow would be restricted to higher ground.

Posted

After a -7.1c low its now 3.1c here now. I am going for the damp squib, unless the ppn intensifies later in the afternoon, which could bring the temp back down. Even still, I feel lying snow would be restricted to higher ground.

its now turned from light snow to light rain.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Light to moderate snow falling here on the coast (small flakes). Temps rose very sharply this morning (3.1°C) as did dew points but now are falling quite steadily (2.2°C) and dp at 0°C. Snowflakes are getting larger but finding it difficult to settle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

its now turned from light snow to light rain.

same here in redcar the snow has now turned to rain,think it was a case off bad timing if the front had moved in overnight could have had a few cms,looking marginal for the rest off the week for the snow prospects for us

Posted

started to sleet very lightly as i left the house before, turned to light snow as it got a bit heavier, verging on modertate now i would say smile.gif snowflakes are still on the sleety side but it is the warmest part of the day so they should become a bit drier as the afternoon wears on (if it lasts that long of course).

edit: flakes less sleety now, moderate snow.

Edited by Andy Sabb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

light/moderate snow here, but it would only lie if the temp was below 0. There is still a chance the band could intensify and drive the temperatures down...... 30/70 against atm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Even up here it's not settling on the roofs and very little on roads and pavements.

Only really sticking on grass, trees and cars.

Plenty more to come on the radar, hopefully if it hangs around for another couple of hours things will become less marginal.

Posted

That was a bit dissapointing as nothing settled but t lest it snowed. Hopefully this sentence might be finished tonight.

Snowed Friday lunchtime and didn't settle snowed Friday night and settled.

Snowed Sunday lunchtime and didn't settle snowed Sunday night and settled?

Edited by Deep Snow please

Posted

Even up here it's not settling on the roofs and very little on roads and pavements.

Only really sticking on grass, trees and cars.

Plenty more to come on the radar, hopefully if it hangs around for another couple of hours things will become less marginal.

Much the same here with a light covering on grass and trees now after some slightly heavier stuff.

Will be interesting tomorrow morning when it all freezes up. Met Office: North East England: severe weather warnings