Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Temperature here has risen from 0C to 1.6C in the last hour :S

Posted

2 inches in 30 minutes!? Thats quite heavy!

The flakes at one stage were the size of small plates. No kidding.

This was all on a soaking wet ground. Quite incredible really, if it had of lasted for 2-3 hours there would have

been serious trouble in the city.

Posted

bit early to start a panic but the front seems very slow and it has a bloody long way to travel to reach me before sunlight!!!

Posted

Found Caldicot one. Temp -0.4 dewpoint -1.4

looking good Ali - you'll probably have one of the longest periods for the temp to stay low before this front gets to you

gets the ground all nice and chilled

bit early to start a panic but the front seems very slow and it has a bloody long way to travel to reach me before sunlight!!!

it'll be here within the hour

Edited by andymusic

Posted

rain today radar showing precipitation at the moment for most of south west wales. Is it snowing where you are??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I hope this dont fizzle out around here last min lol but looking at raintoday its getting closer :) not sure if we will mannage to get one of the longer spells or not but fingers crossed, temp now 0.7C

Posted

I hope this dont fizzle out around here last min lol but looking at raintoday its getting closer smile.gif not sure if we will mannage to get one of the longer spells or not but fingers crossed, temp now 0.7C

there is a slight arcing feature to this front but I think Bridgend will get slammed Deep snow

Posted

looking good Ali - you'll probably have one of the longest periods for the temp to stay low before this front gets to you

gets the ground all nice and chilled

it'll be here within the hour

Well my cat had me up all night wanting tickles, so she may do the same tonight so will be awake for some lamp post watching good.gif . Fingers crossed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

this looks like a beast to watch out for

"Wales: Ceredigion Conwy Denbighshire Flintshire Gwynedd Isle of Anglesey Powys Wrexham

Heavy Snow

Wed 24 FebThere is a moderate risk of severe weather affecting parts of the UK. Rain spreading north may turn to snow and has the potential to give accumulations of more than 15 cm of fresh snow in places.

Issued at: 1042 Sat 20 Feb" - MET OFFICE

Posted

Well my cat had me up all night wanting tickles, so she may do the same tonight so will be awake for some lamp post watching good.gif . Fingers crossed.

I'd say you got another 1 hour and a half to two hours yet Ali - the 1 hour was for matt at the heads of the valleys

very rough estimates mind

Not looking so good then.

Still think we got a good chance monday Ali

Posted

I'd say you got another 1 hour and a half to two hours yet Ali - the 1 hour was for matt at the heads of the valleys

I'm not even thinking about monday yet lol, lets get through tonight first.

Posted

well, fingers crossed.

Posted

I'd not bother about Wednesday yet, we've not even got total agreement for Monday *still* so Wednesday is still well out of the way at the moment, however I can't blame the Met office for at least putting it out there as someone will get that sort of snow its just where.

Anyway whilst the 18z data is real sparse tonight (both NMM and NAE seem to hav vanished!) but needless to say tonight is evolving exactly how the models were progging on thier 12z runs so no reason to dbout the 18z GFS ideas for the next 6-9hrs.

A general rule of thumb for this set-up is probably 3-6cms, however the front is quite potent at the moment so somewhere could even get a little more where the band is thicker.

The light precip in the SW of Wales may well be marginal for now, but I think given the heavier precip that is moving in, you'd be unlucky for it not to turn to snow unless your right by the coast.

Posted

well, fingers crossed.

the bbc didn't get today's snow showers right and there's room for inaccuracy with monday's set up also

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Temp now at 0.8C and frost on some cars slowly melting, at times looks almost like there is a very fine drizzle but very hard to tell under lampost light!

Posted

Still dry here, Despite the radar saying it should be raining/snowing whatever.

At least this means it is dry before the potentially heavy stuff starts later.

Same here in Cornwall JO nothing much happening ,even though radar shows rain,sleet and snow wallbash.gif

It's just started to rain with a little sleet mixed in with itunknw.gif

Edited by Cashy Cornwall

Posted

looking at the NW radar, precipitation in the channel is intensifying as it heads towards us.