Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I'm only 30m asl, hopefully they get it wrong and it snows.

Hey jay it is still possible I think especialy for south wales, today showed a rain event for west country even on forecasts first thing in morning but we have seen no rain. Even low levels in somerset got to see some nice steady snow falling for a few hours although it didnt settle. Also you have advantage if this front reaches you around night fall.

Edited by mullender83

Posted

I have got a works jolly at a spa in Cardiff tomorrow afternoon and have spent the last hour or so setting my new phone up with links to this forum and the weather reports, ready for my journey home on the train.

Posted

I have got a works jolly at a spa in Cardiff tomorrow afternoon and have spent the last hour or so setting my new phone up with links to this forum and the weather reports, ready for my journey home on the train.

could be an interesting journey that

"beam me up Scotty"

will this new phone change the weather as well

change any rain to snow?

These mobiles are getting awful good and complex - need to be a nasa scientist to get around them

Posted

The speed it took the phone to get onto this page, it will be quicker to walk than beam.

Perhaps I will be able to point it at the sky and say "snow" just as the snow starts (because you've all posted that it's snowing) and impress the other commuters.

Posted

Hey jay it is still possible I think especialy for south wales, today showed a rain event for west country even on forecasts first thing in morning but we have seen no rain. Even low levels in somerset got to see some nice steady snow falling for a few hours although it didnt settle. Also you have advantage if this front reaches you around night fall.

the meto and the bbc didn't get a lot of things right last night - the GFS got it spot on moving the front further south and east - and when the front gets here tomorrow afternoon we will see then how much of an influence the -5 upper air which is very close in mid - wales on this afternoon's gfs has on the incoming precip - the 18z may also bring the -5 uppers a little further south again tonight - it'll then be a battle between the front moving north and the cold air - the front last night had difficulty going against the cold air and moved east - there's always the possibility the cold air will have more of an influence that is being progged by the bbc and the meto - we shall see tomorrow - nowcasting and radar and head out of the window stuff

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Sunny days 25C Autumn/Spring: Rain and storms Winter:Snow

Hi guys,

Is there a good chance of snow for high ground in mid wales tomorrow?

Posted

The speed it took the phone to get onto this page, it will be quicker to walk than beam.

Perhaps I will be able to point it at the sky and say "snow" just as the snow starts (because you've all posted that it's snowing) and impress the other commuters.

I'm still not convinced of any mobile phone's capability to handle the internet with any degree of usefulness due to the size of the screen - I like to have at least a 17inch monitor if not bigger than that - just not gonna get that with a mobile phone

Hi guys,

Is there a good chance of snow for high ground in mid wales tomorrow?

definitely soupsurfer7

Well Derek is sort of on board the snow train - and what a choice of tie this evening - spotty tie - seeing spots before your eyescrazy.gif

Posted

No chance of snow for wales according to Derek and getting warmer as the week goes on

Edited by wizzy

Posted

No chance of snow for wales according to Derek and getting warmer as the week goes on

for a couple of days - then the -5 cold air uppers will be back to bring snow again - he did show Ammanford with no snow - but we in the east will get snow - and you may have a little too

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Hi folks - sorry about last night - had to go to the A&E Royal Glamorgan last night with my elbow - I get gout every now and then and I had a real problem with my right elbow - it had come up like a large tennis ball - I'm fine today though - phew!

Well, as I was driving back from the hospital (3 in the morning) - it was snowing a little - but last night's effort didn't amount to much in the end - our next possible snows look like tuesday afternoon/evening it seems - well, I'll try and stay well for that.

Have you been digging yourself out of the snow with your elbows? try a spade next time. lol

Hope your feeling better, they say gout is an old mans things (sign of the times lol) only joking. yahoo.gif

Posted

Have you been digging yourself out of the snow with your elbows? try a spade next time. lol

Hope your feeling better, they say gout is an old mans things (sign of the times lol) only joking. yahoo.gif

I wish it was Ali - I've had this problem since I was 34 - my dad suffers too - been getting progressively worse - I occassionally get swelling the size of footballs on my right knee (although both knees sometimes get affected) - the right knee is susceptible because of an old sking injury - seems the gout likes to go for joints that have been injured or weakend in one way or another. Consultant last night said did I drink alot - I said NOPE - The he asked, did I eat alot of red meat - welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - guilty m'lord - I do like my food - I'm not too overweight though and do some mountain biking to keep fit. may be i've got to old age earlycray.gif

Edited by andymusic

Posted

I wish it was Ali - I've had this problem since I was 34 - my dad suffers too - been getting progressively worse - I occassionally get swelling the size of footballs on my right knee (although both knees sometimes get affected) - the right knee is susceptible because of an old sking injury - seems the gout likes to go for joints that have been injured or weakend in one way or another. Consultant last night said did I drink alot - I said NOPE - The he asked, did I eat alot of red meat - welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - guilty m'lord - I do like my food - I'm not too overweight though and do some mountain biking to keep fit. may be i've got to old age earlycray.gif

Yes, I am a Therapist and have quite a few clients who suffer with it, it is a really nasty condition. With this winter and all the ups and downs of the snow etc, I will probably get it because of the drinking to calm my nerves.... I also am very partial the steak . lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and warm summers

Hoorah!

Until next year drinks.gif CHEERS!

Posted

"hooray"

I think it's quiet in here tonight as we have a 100% snow risk, guaranteed. 100% that the risk is zero tonight.

I expect tomorrow may be a bit livelier.

Posted

Disagree you only love him because he tells you what you want to here when it comes to snow, and trouble wiht forecasts is they never always materialise in his case, dont get me wrong i love snow, but hearing wow mega snow, blizzard blizzard etc all the time is damn right boring, and then when it wont snow ramping that it will however tomorrow i still think we will see snow, i actually agree. but people need to stop only reading what they want to read and go from there you need to evaluate everything, (awaits abuse)

Posted

Looks like i'll be right on the edge of the snow tomorrow here at the top of Cwmbran ~200m asl. Heads of the Valley northwards could be in for a prolonged spell. Would appreciate your thoughts. Should i be leaving work early? Any excuse.

Really enjoyed this forum this year. Spend hours reading your comments. Thanks!

Posted

Looks like i'll be right on the edge of the snow tomorrow here at the top of Cwmbran ~200m asl. Heads of the Valley northwards could be in for a prolonged spell. Would appreciate your thoughts. Should i be leaving work early? Any excuse.

Starts midday swales mostly light till evening no mega blizzard mild air taking over until weekend.

Posted

GFS 18Z gives a snow risk for us first thing in the morning smile.gif

not sure where you're seeing that - you only start seeing some light ppn by about 12 midday!

Starts midday swales mostly light till evening no mega blizzard mild air taking over until weekend.

I wouldn't say light Keith - where snow will fall I'd say moderate + the influence of the mountains will increase that moderate rate of fall to moderately heavy

I'm not sure this one will be a "leaving work early" event but keeping an eye on things wouldn't be a bad idea either - although sometime between midday and 6pm the "heaviest" of the precip will be over south wales and then on into the evening (according to the GFS)

Posted

not sure where you're seeing that - you only start seeing some light ppn by about 12 midday!

Sorry should have said I'm in the west at the moment. :cc_confused:

Posted

Disagree you only love him because he tells you what you want to here when it comes to snow, and trouble wiht forecasts is they never always materialise in his case, dont get me wrong i love snow, but hearing wow mega snow, blizzard blizzard etc all the time is damn right boring, and then when it wont snow ramping that it will however tomorrow i still think we will see snow, i actually agree. but people need to stop only reading what they want to read and go from there you need to evaluate everything, (awaits abuse)

abuse Adam - naaaaaaaaaaaaaa - no abuse mate - we all have to have our opinions - and I've really enjoyed my "MEGA" snow this winter and my "BLIZZARDS" - they've been great and I look forward to many more either at the end of this winter or next winter - I will certainly enjoy the "MEGA" thunderstorms as well when they get going with our "MEGA" temps this summer - and the BBQs will be fun too

Sorry should have said I'm in the west at the moment. smile.gif

no worries mate - yep south west wales ppn has shifted again on the GFS 18z like the rest of south wales to come in a little earlier than the GFS 12z

Posted

O Adam - lle mae'r hwyl? Mae'r Gaeaf yn araf dirwyn i ben gobeithio a doedd dim angen siartiau GFS ayb i ddweud hwn wrthon ni - mae'n ddigon ein bod yn gynnes a'n glyd yn ein gweliau

Oh Adam - where's the hwyl ( untranslateable really - closest is fun but doen't really do it in my opinion)? Winter is slowly receding we hope and we didn't need any charts to tell us that really - we know because we are warm and comfortable in our beds.

Roll on spring - the sap's rising, so get you feather dusters at the ready!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Latest NAE Looks pretty much the same in terms of snowfall for Wales- Mid and North receiving the worst of it.

http://expert.weathe...022312_2218.gif

http://expert.weathe...022318_2218.gif

http://expert.weathe...022400_2218.gif

Dewpoints and upper air temps will be rising as the front goes through but initially should be low enough to offer snow for S/SE Wales mainly for those around 200m i would say- maybe even to lower levels in SE Wales for a time away from the coast where conditions are again slightly colder.

http://expert.weathe...022315_2218.gif

Posted

Latest NAE Looks pretty much the same in terms of snowfall for Wales- Mid and North receiving the worst of it.

http://expert.weathe...022312_2218.gif

http://expert.weathe...022318_2218.gif

http://expert.weathe...022400_2218.gif

Dewpoints and upper air temps will be rising as the front goes through but initially should be low enough to offer snow for S/SE Wales mainly for those around 200m i would say- maybe even to lower levels in SE Wales for a time away from the coast where conditions are again slightly colder.

thanks for that Jamie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

thanks for that Jamie

Np Andy- With you being further east and with elevation you are likely to see some snow tomorrow probably changing back to rain later in the day though.