Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Snow is to wet

ground is to wet

trying but not heavy enugh

didnt take much to change once it got steady so you have got as much chance as what ive just had :D

Posted

Temp still dropping here ... at -0.2 atm with lightish ppn.

amazing how doncaster has had heavier ppn! temps dropping aswell its weird!

Posted

light to moderate snow settling everywhere drinks.gif

maybe in hull, but not here in leeds :D

Not rising here it's stayed the same for about 2 hours, why is it if not you or 10123 always assume i'm talking about Leeds lol?

Look at XCweather..

Posted

amazing how doncaster has had heavier ppn! temps dropping aswell its weird!

Yeah, some heavier stuff went just to the east of me ... still, at least it's snowing and about a cm or two at the moment ! ... hoping the snow sticks around until the morning but that may be wishing abit too much for us !

Posted

Yeah, some heavier stuff went just to the east of me ... still, at least it's snowing and about a cm or two at the moment ! ... hoping the snow sticks around until the morning but that may be wishing abit too much for us !

snow is now settling on the road!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is a deffo surprise as i thought it was a no snow event tonight! the snow monster is getting a nice make over now haha :D

edit: 0.6c!!!!

Edited by Craigers

Posted

so far in Methley it is still 90% rain with a few..... very few tiny flakes

Come on ye heavy stuff

over in ls7, less than 10 miles away from you it's proper snow, did get sleety earlier but now the real deal again and settling everywhere

Posted

over in ls7, less than 10 miles away from you it's proper snow, did get sleety earlier but now the real deal again and settling everywhere

Nice one, it has turned to snow here now but it is vey wet out. It can often be snowing else where in Leeds and miss me :D

EDIT - Picking up now ;)

Faster sleet lol :wallbash:

Edited by Snow Angel

Posted

still snowing with thick flakes but according to radar its light haha!

Nice one Craig :wallbash: Well despite the radar showing precipitation over me for some time, I'm still waiting for the first flake of the night.

Posted

We're in the 'gap' at the moment. I'm not going out to check my thermometer but at Buxton it's been a steady -0.7°C since about 1800 although the DP has been slowly rising, now up to -3.9° from about -8.0° this afternoon.

Guesstimate of accumulation since 1645 is 2cm. More to come according to the radar but the big question is will it turn to rain before dawn ? Hopefully the back edge will clear before it does.

Posted

Nice one Craig :wallbash: Well despite the radar showing precipitation over me for some time, I'm still waiting for the first flake of the night.

Was showing the same for me on the radar for a good 30 mins, and now i'm seeing my first flakes, mainly of snow with the odd sleety bit thrown in, no rain as of yet, but the precipitation needs to pick up which i think it won't.

lewis

Edited by Storm Force Lewis

Posted

We're in the 'gap' at the moment. I'm not going out to check my thermometer but at Buxton it's been a steady -0.7°C since about 1800 although the DP has been slowly rising, now up to -3.9° from about -8.0° this afternoon.

Guesstimate of accumulation since 1645 is 2cm. More to come according to the radar but the big question is will it turn to rain before dawn ? Hopefully the back edge will clear before it does.

Guesstimate for me is eeeerrr a few big wet puddles does that count lol

All around and yet still so far away :wallbash:

Posted

A bit of everything here, one minute it is snowing the next steady rain. Not expecting anything this time, but its good to hear others places are having more luck.

Posted

looking at the radar, this preliminarary area of light precipitation is now clearing north, its these pulses behind that should do the real damage.. They kind of look like big showers.

Also there is no milder air pushing in yet, thats only just getting into south west/central southern england..

http://www.xcweather...t1266961204.gif

Note a line east of birmingham, only 0/1C in most areas... I fancy a fair few hours of snow yet, probably not even turning to rain as it clears, more sleet than rain smile.gif

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted

Its been snowing here since about 5pm some really heavy falls settled really from the start. Must admit the more i read around this it is a downgrade inrespect of the warmer air managing to push through which is a shame but it had to happen at some pointnonono.gif. Did think that the milder air would have made it throug y now but we holding steady at 0.7 degs here infact dropeed .2 of a degree so far. It wouldnt take much to suddenly change this but i think it is pretty much set now that the front will psuh into southern scotland and N.Irelnad and stall then a stron easterly kcicking in in this area and then the snow petering owt. Could be some substantial falls in N.Ireland. Still had some hope that colder air would sink south again Thurs fri and turn the rain back to snow but that is now looking less and less likely!!! Shame. Would rather have snow though than ldz of cold rain. Never thought i would say this but if it cant keep cold then i would ratheR it warm up and i can start gardening.mad.gif Sorry to be negative just a bit fed up. I know we can get some stonking weathe rin March snow wise. I have had my hissy fit i be ok now!yahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Temp currently -1.2C, starting to come down quite heavily again, very hard to judge depths as there's enough of a wind to blow it around, together with Sunday's couple of cms which has hardly melted. If the radar is to be believed then the heaviest stuff is due over the next hour or so. Might have quite a good fall by tomorrow morning. Quite a winter - the last of the deepest drifts from previous falls hadn't quite gone before Sunday's, which means there has been lying snow within 100 yds of my house since the third week of December.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Heavy snow here nr buxton. High level roads are all blocked due to blowing snow (whiteout conditions)

Amazing winter continues