Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Snowing lightly here in Augher Co Tyrone. Nothing worth talkin about yet. Don't know just haven't a good feeling about this one. Dont think we will see much. Hope I'm wrong

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

Snowing lightly here in Augher Co Tyrone. Nothing worth talkin about yet. Don't know just haven't a good feeling about this one. Dont think we will see much. Hope I'm wrong

you better be or i will officalually jump! lol.... but seriously is this whole band drizzly crap... i can now see were tomorrows snow is coming from drizzle and therrs no way this is going to lay despite it being 0.5c..diablo.gifdiablo.gif though band is getting heavier.

Posted

Snowing heavy here in Antrim. Started as sleet/wet snow but now its heavy and pure snow. Its settling on car roofs and grass, roads to wet.

Posted

Still heavy wet snow. No real accumulation. 500 foot up in the Castlereagh Hills.

Ditto. Updated warning out from the MetO.

Heavy Snow & Drifting Snow 2036 Tue 23 1200 Wed 24

Outbreaks of snow will become heavier and more persistent tonight and into Wednesday morning. Accumulations of between 5 and 10cm are expected quite widely, though sleet is more likely along the east coast. Across higher ground in the north falls of 15cm are possible with drifting in the strengthening northeasterly winds. Across Armagh and Down the snow should turn to rain during the morning.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to TrafficWatchNI.com (operational hours 07.00 to 21.00 Mon to Fri and 09:00 to17:00 on Saturdays) for further advice on road conditions.

Issued at: 2037 Tue 23 Feb

Posted

Started out with light snow here after 7 turned to sleet in half hour in is now just light rain -

Posted

Starting to settle on the roads now. sorry about the small picture size. Taken on mobile

100_2164.jpg

100_2173.jpg

Edited by jello

Posted

Starting to settle on the roads now.

Your in the best positon being inland to see anythin significant. I remember goin work or Aldergrove at times with rain on east coast and turn to snow readily the further inland you get.taf since u close! Lookin good

BELFAST ALDERGROVE

EGAA 231702Z 2318/2418 07014KT 9999 FEW012 SCT040

BECMG 2318/2321 7000 -RASN -SN BKN012

TEMPO 2321/2411 06017G27KT 1000 SN BKN003

PROB40

TEMPO 2402/2410 0200 +SN VV///

TEMPO 2412/2418 9999 NSW BKN018

LIGHT SLEET AND SNOW FROM 6PM TO 9PM, THEN MODERATE SNOW FROM 9PM TO 11AM, WITH MEDIUM CHANCE OF HEAVY SNOW FROM 2AM TO 10AM. MAX WIND EASTERLY 17 GUSTING 27 KNOTS FROM 9PM TO 11AM

Posted

Right. I'm back home now after a wee jaunt out in the car.

It's been snowing here since 5pm. We have a light covering at the north (and incidently higher) end of Ballyclare. Down in the town it's not really settling.

A little disappointing but then I saw it snow for 18 hrs straight in Ballyclare and not a drop of it lay. Yet 5 mins outside ballycare in any direction was snowfest!

I'm happy with what we get because it's better than nought!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Been moderate sleet here for the last 5 hours. Outside drenched.

Not expecting any lying snow tonight, but then again, anything can happen.

Posted

I think this winter has been remarkable in how we've had low temps but very little snow to show for it. It's been one big let-down as far as I can see. Yes, early Jan was bad but more for ice than for any snow. It's always been very marginal - I've never seen so much sleet in my life! diablo.gif

Edited by fear sneachta

Posted

It hasn't stopped snowing since 5pm however its very very wet stuff, have about 1cm if that. I'm 15 miles from the coast with decent height so unless the precipitation rates increase cannot see anything decent coming off.

Certainly if your further north west with height should do very well.

Posted

In all fairness every weather report from earlier was sayin the heavy snow would move in around 2am - 6am in places. This is just the light precip need heavier stuff to fall.

Posted

Some parts of the snow here has melted slightly as the snow is light at the minute. Hope it gets heavier don't want it all going away already.

Posted

In all fairness every weather report from earlier was sayin the heavy snow would move in around 2am - 6am in places. This is just the light precip need heavier stuff to fall. So don't give up just yet -

Posted

In all fairness every weather report from earlier was sayin the heavy snow would move in around 2am - 6am in places. This is just the light precip need heavier stuff to fall.

If I don't need a spade to dig out in the morning I know who to blame. :D

Posted

If I don't need a spade to dig out in the morning I know who to blame. :D

Well look south at the radar - That is the main band that should drop a few cm's as it intensifies over the North overnight!

Plus is the main band headin North east maybe hit round Belfast area if you follow it on radar - Can't see much for the North West or am I wrong?

Posted

Well look south at the radar - That is the main band that should drop a few cm's as it intensifies over the North overnight!

Plus is the main band headin North east maybe hit round Belfast area if you follow it on radar - Can't see much for the North West or am I wrong?

Looking at the forecasts looks fantastic for the north west.

Posted

Looking at the forecasts looks fantastic for the north west.

Looks better for the east tbh. Wouldn't like to be ramblin up the Mournes or Slemish later on :cold:

Posted

whiteout conditions here now. heavy snow been blown in with strong winds. wasnt laying earlier but everything white now. any high ground round here will be plastered. been snowing now for 6 1/2 hours.

Posted

Whiteout here in Antrim. Wonderful

we have wet snow right on the east coast - told you will see the best action inland round Antrim!

Hope still lyin tomorrow morn I have to go work up Aldergrove lol! Or maybe get a day off haha!

Edited by shrike