Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

:wallbash: Another crap marginal 'snow' event.

Slushfest unfortunately. About 2cm of mucky crap.

lucky you we had the light crap constantly all night and not lying only on the grass id say higher up has tons i know rightly if it was to get heavy it would lie.

lucky you we had the light crap constantly all night and not lying only on the grass id say higher up has tons i know rightly if it was to get heavy it would lie.

Posted

It's now been 14 hours of snow.

We have a good covering maybe an inch or two but it's looking rather wet. Going out now to clear the cars and grit the road.

I'm happy enough with this.

:wallbash:

YEA YOU GOT THE HEAVIER STUFF IT THAT HADVE COME HERE WE WOULDVE HAD TONS OF SNOW HERE! ITS A SLUSHY DEPOSIT AND ALL IT NEEDS IS HEAVIER SNOW FOR ABOUT 1HOUR TO GET AN INCH BUT NO!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

been snowing on and off all night. only settling on grass. the snow is not heavy enough.

outside temp 0.8c, outside humidity 97%,dew point 0.3c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Not an ounce of snow here, just constant shift between sleet and icy rain.

Posted

Total ccrap is all i can say! Really dissapointed with this. Have a slushy layer on the ground. Nothing worth talking about!! Light snow and rain currently falling! Whats the prospects for later today?

Posted

Friday and Saturday looks like the next snow event for Ireland

fax72s.gif

fax84s.gif

could you actually tell us whats happening tonight as apparently we are getting more snow tonight?

Posted

Met office called it right here on east coast with sleet and rain. Melted all snow that was lying from few days ago. Let see what the weekend will bring.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

could you actually tell us whats happening tonight as apparently we are getting more snow tonight?

Unlikely you'll get much tonight frostyjoe. Maybe some wet snow or sleet. Thickness and uppers look very marginal for you, though if you live at a decent height you may have a much better chance.

Posted

Thats the weather for you Ronan, I was out digging founds and barrowing concrete this morning in heavy Icy rain and 2c. It was very unpleasant.

I did wish it was Summer, clear blue skies with 20c max. But alas, nout came of it.

Still, may well be some surprises in the mix yet. What I've noticed is the best falls are those which aren't hyped up by the media or forecasters, like Sunday last week.

Posted

Some wet snow here this morning, accumulating on grass and car roofs. Wasn't expecting this.

The easterlies only really produced graupel and hail here, so all this marginal wet snow is fine by me!biggrin.gif

Posted

Woa!

Where did this come from. This is some of the heaviest snow I have seen for years and we habe a couple of inches already. Fresh car tracks are already covered.

Big fluffy snowflakes, some the size of digestive biscuits!

:)

Met office Flash warning!

Northern Ireland: Co Down

Heavy Snow 0435 Thu 25 1000 Thu 25

An area of sleet and snow is expected to cross County Down giving the possibility of accumulations of 2 to 5cm at lower levels and 5 to 10cm over the higher parts. The public are advised to take extra care and refer to TrafficWatchNI.com (operational hours 07.00 to 21.00 Mon to Fri and 09:00 to17:00 on Saturdays) for further advice on road conditions.

Issued at: 0340 Thu 25 Feb

Northern Ireland: Co Antrim

Heavy Snow 0619 Thu 25 1000 Thu 25

An area of sleet and snow will cross County Antrim over this next few hours giving the possibility of accumulations of 2 to 5cm at lower levels and 5 to 10cm over the higher parts. The public are advised to take extra care and refer to TrafficWatchNI.com (operational hours 07.00 to 21.00 Mon to Fri and 09:00 to17:00 on Saturdays) for further advice on road conditions.

Issued at: 0620 Thu 25 Feb

Edited by Baltic Regions

Posted

Woa!

Where did this come from. This is some of the heaviest snow I have seen for years and we habe a couple of inches already. Fresh car tracks are already covered.

Big fluffy snowflakes, some the size of digestive biscuits!

:)

Met office Flash warning!

Northern Ireland: Co Down

Heavy Snow 0435 Thu 25 1000 Thu 25

An area of sleet and snow is expected to cross County Down giving the possibility of accumulations of 2 to 5cm at lower levels and 5 to 10cm over the higher parts. The public are advised to take extra care and refer to TrafficWatchNI.com (operational hours 07.00 to 21.00 Mon to Fri and 09:00 to17:00 on Saturdays) for further advice on road conditions.

Issued at: 0340 Thu 25 Feb

Northern Ireland: Co Antrim

Heavy Snow 0619 Thu 25 1000 Thu 25

An area of sleet and snow will cross County Antrim over this next few hours giving the possibility of accumulations of 2 to 5cm at lower levels and 5 to 10cm over the higher parts. The public are advised to take extra care and refer to TrafficWatchNI.com (operational hours 07.00 to 21.00 Mon to Fri and 09:00 to17:00 on Saturdays) for further advice on road conditions.

Issued at: 0620 Thu 25 Feb

oh come on how much snow do you need! stop being shelfish..diablo.gif third time snow has missed me just rubbish drizzle and fog 1c. rubbish! i tell you what the next event better give me snow i swear! each time it does snow but its so light it could hardly lie... or it just misses me like today!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

very cold and frosty,dense fog also

outside temp -2.5c

overnight min -4.0c :)

Edited by stormforce 10

Posted

Heavy wet snow here, eased now. No accumulations.

Currently 1.9c

See....nothing beats surprise snowfall.