Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Got no snow in wexford so I had to travel to Armagh town and then Loughall and Antrim town.

Plenty of snow in Armagh yesterday with a little in Antrim.

Even as others have said had a little snow in Swords co.Dublin last night.drinks.gif

Posted

Got no snow in wexford so I had to travel to Armagh town and then Loughall and Antrim town.

Plenty of snow in Armagh yesterday with a little in Antrim.

Even as others have said had a little snow in Swords co.Dublin last night.drinks.gif

You travelled all that distance just for some snow?! crazy.gif

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

thats nuts you shouldve went onto scotland if you were mad enough to do that... lol... actually you wouldve been better going to england lol! snow coming tomorrow we shall see. and if you really wanted to see snow in antrim you shouldve went to the glens of antrim and hit the higher hills up there hills behind me had 5-6 inches on them and they arnt as high as those ones in antrim and didnt get as much snow.

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted

Tomorrow evening into Saturday morning looks interesting. Probably rain/sleet but you never know.

http://charts.netweather.tv/gfsimages/gfs.20100225/12/42/uksnowrisk.png

Posted

LOL..ah no im not that bad. I was travelling on business and it just happened to be perfect timing.

I wasnt expecting the snow this morning in Dublin. Its cool when that happens.

Posted

Tomorrow evening into Saturday morning looks interesting. Probably rain/sleet but you never know.

http://charts.netweather.tv/gfsimages/gfs.20100225/12/42/uksnowrisk.png

Be snow on east coast cause the easterly wind died down! Damn why is it when it blows we always get sleet - Well not tomorrow night. May get a covering like last weekend

Posted

Met Office going for Heavy Snow this evening but only for high ground.

Currently pouring with rain although I spy a very little sleetiness in it already. Temps 2.2oC.

Hope it doesn't turn to snow at low levels later in the afternoon as commute home would be a nightmare.

Posted

Heavy sleet here in Antrim. Changes to snow then back to sleet.

Posted

The aul shanes hill is impassable. Tried to get to Ballymena but had to turn back, never seen it so bad with heavy snow. Just sleet to lower levels at mo amazing what a bit of height does. And it wasn't even that far up so I think it will turn to snow down at lower levels soon!

Posted

Moderate snow here now. Don't think it has the slightest chance of lying, the ground is saturated.

I take that back. It seems to be settling quite nicely, on the grass at least.

Edited by BFS/BHD

Posted

Moderate snow here now. Don't think it has the slightest chance of lying, the ground is saturated.

I take that back. It seems to be settling quite nicely, on the grass at least.

shut up! its just sleety rain here it better change my mother says the glenshane pass is a nightmare with snow! ugh..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Its this evening that gets interesting, when I got in from Work temps were 4c, they have now dropped 0.5c, so obviously colder air beginning to filter down/move in this evening. Starting to see sleetiness in the rain already. Uppers are cold enough, just surface temps and dew points a tad too high for the moment. All change tonight I say.

Posted

Its this evening that gets interesting, when I got in from Work temps were 4c, they have now dropped 0.5c, so obviously colder air beginning to filter down/move in this evening. Starting to see sleetiness in the rain already. Uppers are cold enough, just surface temps and dew points a tad too high for the moment. All change tonight I say.

When do you think they will drop low enough for snow 2c here. Xc weather say 6pm... The met uk warning is lowering my confidence of snow falling as it says 150m and the dp have been the same for hours.. What you think??

Posted

Concern is whether we get the precipitation though. Seems to be easing off already and not convinced it will pep up later. Better chance along northern and eastern coasts.

Had heavy snow for 10 minutes but zero chance of lying.

Posted

Concern is whether we get the precipitation though. Seems to be easing off already and not convinced it will pep up later. Better chance along northern and eastern coasts.

Had heavy snow for 10 minutes but zero chance of lying.

yea you must have got into the heavy burst... its just rain here and the odd sleety bit as long as its this heavy at 6pm onwards and it stays as snow we should have some snow! dont downgrade it! when it does turn to snow if so how long should it take to lie?

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted

Problem is the wind comin off the Irish sea at mo keepin the temps up and fallin as rain or sleet - yet 2miles up the road more inland it is snowing away. Once the wind eases after 6 I could see a good dumping for places

Posted

Problem is the wind comin off the Irish sea at mo keepin the temps up and fallin as rain or sleet - yet 2miles up the road more inland it is snowing away. Once the wind eases after 6 I could see a good dumping for places

ok so I should just wait to after six?? Xc weather says this

Posted

LOL..ah no im not that bad. I was travelling on business and it just happened to be perfect timing.

I wasnt expecting the snow this morning in Dublin. Its cool when that happens.

Ah, I see. The Wicklow Mountains have also been getting tonnes of snow recently. (much nearer you!)

Edited by fear sneachta

Posted

Ah, I see. The Wicklow Mountains have also been getting tonnes of snow recently. (much nearer you!)

I hate this friggen country it's down to 0.8c and it's still drizzling crap icy rain I thought it was to snow by now .. And weres the lowering dp Another missed event!!! Depressing rain wawawa

Posted

I'm depressed with this winter now. Dissapointment after dissapointment!! Gonna take a trip up to the Glenshane on Sunday with the dog. Thats probably the last i'll see of snow this winter. Its just been rain rain sleet rain and more rain all day! Flooding in some places as well. This would have been a major event if it had of been falling as snow all day!! Bit of a nightmare to be honest!!

Posted

I'm depressed with this winter now. Dissapointment after dissapointment!! Gonna take a trip up to the Glenshane on Sunday with the dog. Thats probably the last i'll see of snow this winter. Its just been rain rain sleet rain and more rain all day! Flooding in some places as well. This would have been a major event if it had of been falling as snow all day!! Bit of a nightmare to be honest!!

Yes, the story of the winter of how often it has always been the wrong side of marginal.

I did a quick calculation and would have had around 70cm of snow for the whole winter if things had been just the right side of marginal, as it is my total is 13cm, which is my worst ever measured snowfall for winter.

Currently 1.1oC, Dew Point -0.1oC, light rain and I;m at 480 feet.

Posted

It's snowing here now.

Ground is absolutley saturated though! Starting to grip the grass but the radar shows it getting lighter and petering out!

Ah well.

Came home over the colin and had quite a bit of snow still up there!

af te bed!