Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Welsh Mild Weather Discussion Thread

J10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Well we did have snow here in April 2008 so anything is possible.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

The end of April '81 saw heavy wet snow in the Midlands, about 3 inches where I was, but nearer a foot on high ground. That was quite something!

Also I have seen snow fall but not settle well into May, and in June 1975 many parts of the UK saw some sleet or snow in the first week, the cricket at Buxton, Derbyshire was snowed off with some 4 inches on the ground.

Lovely day today, 9c after a good frost and a low of -4c. A few more days similar to this are likely.

Posted

BBC lunchtime weather showing dry but cool conditions on through until the weekend. So not sure where the snow risk has gone. As long as the sun keeps shining, I'll be happy at least - Anything but RAIN!

Posted

Such a nice day out.

How appropriate for 1st Day of Spring (even though I don't consider it spring till Vernal Equinox on 20th).

Very close to 10C, which is a first in quite some time.

I'm more than happy for winter to come back with a bang if it wished though :lol:.

Posted

Hello all,

I have decided to join this site, as i shall be residing in the Swansea area shortly, and for the remainder of this year.

As my current business can be disturbed by weather related events, i shall be looking in occasionally for some local information.

Thank you,

Sammyk

Posted

Hello all,

I have decided to join this site, as i shall be residing in the Swansea area shortly, and for the remainder of this year.

As my current business can be disturbed by weather related events, i shall be looking in occasionally for some local information.

Thank you,

Sammyk

Welcome TO SWANSEA!

Posted

Hello all,

Thank you,

Sammyk

Welcome Sammy

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Love this current pattern we're in. Frosty nights followed by sunny days with no precipitation.drinks.gif

Posted

Still looks promising for sleet /snow friday followed by wintry showers saturday countryfile forcaste pretty spot on this week including a pretty cold easterly winds friday saturday.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Still looks promising for sleet /snow friday followed by wintry showers saturday countryfile forcaste pretty spot on this week including a pretty cold easterly winds friday saturday.

We shall see - it all depends where that high pressure falls - and at the moment any precip is looking more likely for England than Wales - let's see what the GFS 18z wants to give us tonight - seems to be coming around to the way the ECM and UKMO models are thinking

Edited by andymusic

Posted

Andy the bbc fax puts the front smack bang over the uk the weekend with LP so close dont be surprised if we see some wintry precipation over friday night.

Posted

Yesterday was 1st Day in 80, in my location, that the temperature exceeded 10C.

Between 15 December - 15 January (excluding Christmas/Boxing Day) the temperature stayed below 5C.

I welcome a few cold snaps before a very warm and sunny april/may please :).

Posted

Yesterday was 1st Day in 80, in my location, that the temperature exceeded 10C.

Between 15 December - 15 January (excluding Christmas/Boxing Day) the temperature stayed below 5C.

I welcome a few cold snaps before a very warm and sunny april/may please tongue.gif.

Two weather are going for a cold/snowy spell towards the end of March into April

Posted

NIce sunny days on the whole this week, maxes around average for early March. Cold and frosty nights though, had a -5c a few nights ago, and its on -4c already this evening- pretty low for March. Not really mild or springlike as yet!

Posted

NIce sunny days on the whole this week, maxes around average for early March. Cold and frosty nights though, had a -5c a few nights ago, and its on -4c already this evening- pretty low for March. Not really mild or springlike as yet!

Looks like this is gonna repeat and repeat and repeat and repeat for the forseeable

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Another sunny day, if only we had this weather in the summer :crazy:

Another sunny day, if only we had this weather in the summer :)

I'd prefer it a bit warmer. :whistling:

Seriously though lovely weather.

So as winter 2009/10 is drawing to a close, what are everyone's recollections. Here it has been a stunner, with 21 met Office Snow Days, the most since 1990/91. Some snow pictures would be very nice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Had a good few days here with sun and temp around 10-12C but a low last night of -4C. currently 1.4C.

Posted

Another sunny day, if only we had this weather in the summer sad.gif

It may well be like this come the summer - seems this blocking sort of weather may very well continue well into this year - which will hopefully mean we get highs dragging very warm weather off the heat of the european continent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

low of -3C last night and only 3.8C atm, colder in the wind.

Posted

Looks like being a very cold night for March, currently -4.5c, so -9c or so looks possible.

Very low humidity and bone dry ground- which is unusual so early in Spring- should ensure one of the coldest March nights in years across Wales.

Posted

Or may be not so cold! Temperature stabilised after midnight, min -5.5c was unremarkable for March really.

Had -7c last week.

Posted

-7 last night. Shady parts are still frosty even this afternoon - can't remember that before in March.