Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Well with possibly still another 12-24hrs of snow for some parts, I'm now going to close this thread and make you guys a fresh one!

Where do you think the snow line is going to be for it's southerly track, and when do you expect it to start on the southerly track?

Temp rocketed to 3.3C here, major slushing going off. :(

Meto update for tomorrow for Tayside and Central., other areas also updated.

Outbreaks of snow will continue inland with a further 5 to 10cm of fresh snow falling and up to 20cm over the higher ground. The snow will drift in the strong northeast winds with gales affecting Eilean Siar.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to Traffic Scotland for further advice on road conditions.

Edited by Cheggers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Winter. Dry cool Summers

Woss all the fuss about? pardon.gif

I know. Bit of snow and its all over the news. When we get it down here, you don't here us going on about it. Earlier in the year we had nearly 2 cm's.diablo.gif !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was it all over the news?

Posted

I know. Bit of snow and its all over the news. When we get it down here, you don't here us going on about it. Earlier in the year we had nearly 2 cm's.diablo.gif !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was it all over the news?

LOL - Tongue-in-cheek. Like it.

Posted

Where do you think the snow line is going to be for it's southerly track, and when do you expect it to start on the southerly track?

Probably around the EmEight tomorrow at 7am : as I have just removed my emergency winter bag from the car that has been in the boot for the last 3 months

whistling.gifAnd yes I am deliberately tempting fate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Probably around the EmEight tomorrow at 7am : as I have just removed my emergency winter bag from the car that has been in the boot for the last 3 months

A nice bit of sod's law forecasting there! The Met could use some of that!acute.gif

Temp rocketed to 3.3C here, major slushing going off. :(

Meto update for tomorrow for Tayside and Central., other areas also updated.

Outbreaks of snow will continue inland with a further 5 to 10cm of fresh snow falling and up to 20cm over the higher ground. The snow will drift in the strong northeast winds with gales affecting Eilean Siar.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to Traffic Scotland for further advice on road conditions.

Looks like the other side of the Clyde is the snow line now. I just hope all that precip further north sinks back south and gives us a wee goodbye present on the way :(

Posted

ame='Pol' date='25 February 2010 - 17:37 ' timestamp='1267119440' post='1789063']

A nice bit of sod's law forecasting there! The Met could use some of that!:(

Can't do any worse this winter really, although they have got this one nailded. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

it's 1.5 here, really hope that we get some snow when it heads south. It's seems everyone around us got snow except Perth itself.

Posted

ame='Pol' date='25 February 2010 - 17:37 ' timestamp='1267119440' post='1789063']

A nice bit of sod's law forecasting there! The Met could use some of that!:(

Can't do any worse this winter really, although they have got this one nailded. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Can't do any worse this winter really, although they have got this one nailded. acute.gif

IMBY they haven't but I am aware that everywhere else (other than Perth, Dundee, Edinburgh, central Glasgow and eastern Borders) has got nailded with snow. Oddly though, the major population centres have had less snow now than in many of the other setups this winter, but still we cover this story pretty highly - just goes to show that there is less regional bias within Scotland than there is in the UK media?

LS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

0C and still snowing.

Will it or wont it turn to sleet? We shall see.

It just turned to snow in Inverness according to the webcam and is now beginning to lie, so probably stay as snow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder storms.

Temp has now dropped to -0.5c and the snow keeps coming.

NortherRab, shame your train is canceled.

Posted

It was incredible to see how a bit of elevation made so much difference today : EmEight was fine (pouring with rain) up until Harthill this am then white out ; back to rain 10 miles later ! And after my 35 mile commute to snowless Hamilton some people weren't in the office because they were stuck knee deep in East Kilbride snow !!!

Quite amusing though that it takes to the end of Feb before marginality really comes into play

Posted

It just turned to snow in Inverness according to the webcam and is now beginning to lie, so probably stay as snow!

I did look marginal and still does by sea level.

We have almost 10 inces of snow.......with drifting. Still snowing. Were you planning up from Glasgow tonight? Maybe wiser to wait until tomorrow before attempting the trip! Roads are closed and railways blocked according to TV.

Edited by Gilly

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

It was incredible to see how a bit of elevation made so much difference today : EmEight was fine (pouring with rain) up until Harthill this am then white out ; back to rain 10 miles later ! And after my 35 mile commute to snowless Hamilton some people weren't in the office because they were stuck knee deep in East Kilbride snow !!!

Quite amusing though that it takes to the end of Feb before marginality really comes into play

Hi Pol,

Take a wee 10 min drive up the M90 tae Junct 4 Kelty or even Junct 5 Kinross cold.gifcold.gifcold.gif

Big Innes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

Rubbish winter, absolutely terrible. No snow, mild temperatures and to top it off it is raining. I give up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Rubbish winter, absolutely terrible. No snow, mild temperatures and to top it off it is raining. I give up.

Aye, completely pants winter; symptomatic of global warming. I mean look at my picnic bench pic. Pathetic excuse for snow. I mean - that's it?

Makes me dream of winters past. Anyone remember late Dec 09/Jan 10? I recall the Highlands go hit particularly bad later in Feb that winter too. biggrin.gif

Posted

Aye, completely pants winter; symptomatic of global warming. I mean look at my picnic bench pic. Pathetic excuse for snow. I mean - that's it?

Makes me dream of winters past. Anyone remember late Dec 09/Jan 10? I recall the Highlands go hit particularly bad later in Feb that winter too. biggrin.gif

heres the cold air coming back at 9am tomorrow morning so should see rain turning back to snow :) and by 3pm the whole of scotland is back in the cold air :)

Also one thing to note the -5 indicates snow up here although it seems further south at this time of year -8,-9,-10 is needed for snow to settle suppose being further north helps eh :)

Scott

post-704-12671233032017_thumb.png

post-704-12671233833117_thumb.png

Edited by scott_anthony_glasgow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Still persisting down with nasty cold rain here. sad.gif

Join the club. 3 C hear and heavy liquid snow...

Still holding out hope that it might turn to snow again tomorrow evening.

Posted

Not a snow report but just had our first rumble of thunder/lightning for 2010 here in cumbernauld. Noticed a flash then a small rumble. Unexpected but good all the same. (Raining BTW)

Edited by NUT