Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Less Plugs And More Weather Forecasting

Posted

Guys your main priority as a weather site or as a premium weather site is to display the general synopsis of the weather, not plug after plug for other things. I visited today to get the general weather forecast and all I saw was some rubbish about fish being back. Guys cmon please keep the weather synopsis as is and if you need to plug other stuff reserve it for other parts of the site.

I come here daily to get my forecast and I get is some pointless news that michael fish is back..which could and should be placed elsewhere. I dont bother with the rest of the site mostly because I dont have the time most of the time because I am far too busy with work and other things. So again please guys leave the main synopsis area that you use for your daily forecast alone and stop using it to plug stuff, you have a big enough site and there is a box below that plugs fishy's forecasts as is.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

Guys your main priority as a weather site or as a premium weather site is to display the general synopsis of the weather, not plug after plug for other things. I visited today to get the general weather forecast and all I saw was some rubbish about fish being back. Guys cmon please keep the weather synopsis as is and if you need to plug other stuff reserve it for other parts of the site.

I come here daily to get my forecast and I get is some pointless news that michael fish is back..which could and should be placed elsewhere. I dont bother with the rest of the site mostly because I dont have the time most of the time because I am far too busy with work and other things. So again please guys leave the main synopsis area that you use for your daily forecast alone and stop using it to plug stuff, you have a big enough site and there is a box below that plugs fishy's forecasts as is.

:):whistling:

Posted

sorry but i must agree, i'm not too keen on them anyway so wasn't impressed to see that as being top story!

Posted

sorry but i must agree, i'm not too keen on them anyway so wasn't impressed to see that as being top story!

what else is the weather doing at the moment though?

Posted

In fairness, that's the first 'plug' to anything we've run as a story for months, every day barring the very rare occasion such as today we produce a written weather related story or forecast for the front page, so the request for less plugs is probably a little wide of the mark? Particularly as the plug itself is pointing to a detailed forecast for the upcoming days, and as has already been stated there's very little changing weather wise currently.

That said, thanks for the feedback and don't worry non weather headlines are rare!

Posted

In fairness, that's the first 'plug' to anything we've run as a story for months, every other day we produce a written weather related story or forecast for the front page, so the request for less plugs is probably a little wide of the mark? Particularly as the plug itself is pointing to a detailed forecast for the upcoming days, and as has already been stated there's very little changing weather wise currently.

agree the team at netweather should be commended for their hard work doing written forecasts.