Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

April CET

Posted

Nothing majorly warm, a couple of above average weeks in the middle, Atlantic dominated towards the end of the month. 7.7C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

4.7c to the 1st, -2.2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Forgot to get my punt in.

I go for: 8.4c

Edited by The watcher

Posted

5.5c to the 2nd, -1.2c

Posted

5.9c to the 3rd, -0.6c

Edited by SteveB

Posted

6.1c to the 4th, -0.3c

Posted

CET should see a fair rise tomorrow, thanks to widespread mid teen maxes I imagine and a mild night this evening. The next few days look quite mild which will probably push the CET by the end of the week to average or even slightly above, thereafter some cooler nights could help to push it down a bit, very much will depend on cloud amounts, a cold April is looking increasingly unlikely, but not out of the question.

Posted

7.2 to the 6th

+0.7C anomoly

Looks like a fairly dry outlook with average temperatures.

So nothing very cold but we should stay the right side of double figures this year.

Posted

7.5c to the 7th, 1.0c

Posted

7.6c to the 8th, 1.1c,

Surprised to see us over 1c higher than the average. Apart form the last few days its not felt particularly warm.

Posted

7.6c to the 8th, 1.1c,

Surprised to see us over 1c higher than the average. Apart form the last few days its not felt particularly warm.

Do you mean the rolling average up to the 8th, not the average April CET figure this not being reached just yet.

Posted

Do you mean the rolling average up to the 8th, not the average April CET figure this not being reached just yet.

I think Steve B is posting from the Hadley site, so it is the rolling average (i.e up to 1st April to 8th April), however it is based on 1961-1990 averages, which are a little dated now, but lets not get into that again.

Posted

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Hate to say it, but even if we keep low minima for the rest of the month, i can't see us finishing below 9C, if we get a hot last third, another 10C finish is on, i do not expect us to threaten the record though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

8.9C - Aprils have a knack of being out of kilter with previous months IMO

Odd that this was one of the higher guesses yet is looking a little on the low side at the moment (considering the second half will probably be warmer than the first half)!

Posted

Hate to say it, but even if we keep low minima for the rest of the month, i can't see us finishing below 9C,

Hate to say it? Why would you hate to say warm by day for the rest of the month but cold by night? Sounds perfect to me.

Posted

Posted

Odd that this was one of the higher guesses yet is looking a little on the low side at the moment considering the second half will probably be warmer than the first half!

Interestingly if the GFS 06z were to materialise then we'd get one of those spring months when the first half is warmer than the second. A long way to go yet though.

Posted

Posted

Can't see the CET rising that much over the next few days, if anything it is likely to fall by the weekend as we see some cooler maxima and quite cold minima I suspect early next week.

Still a long way to go yet, slightly greater odds for the finishing CET to be above than below, though nothing spectacular, doubt we will get into the 9's, cold nights seem the order of the day.

Posted

Can't see the CET rising that much over the next few days, if anything it is likely to fall by the weekend as we see some cooler maxima and quite cold minima I suspect early next week.

Still a long way to go yet, slightly greater odds for the finishing CET to be above than below, though nothing spectacular, doubt we will get into the 9's, cold nights seem the order of the day.

Would agree largely with this - we might fall back below 8 before the CET starts to slowly rise in the final 3rd of the month. eight and half wouldn't be a bad pitch at this early stage.