Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Mid April To End Of April In London

fox495

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

probably slightly warmer than other places in the UK?

Posted

Shoud get up to 20c in april hopefully, London seems to get the magic 20c first rolleyes.gif you might get some thundery showers also drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Mid to late April in London: average maximum temperatures in the region of 13-15C. 20C and thundery showers is one feasible possibility but it would require a southerly flow of some description. But equally, you could end up with some days with maxima of 8-10C and either dull wet weather or sunshine mixed with showers, wintry in hillier parts of the Home Counties.

Tough call is the second half of April, i'll just say even in London wide extremes of weather are still possible mid to to late April from cold days 5C to 9C with lots of sunshine and wintry showers even snowfall in rare instances to very warm almost hot weather with temps in the late 20`s C but that is the highest extreme for that time of year in London, best best would be for temps 12C to 15C with some sunshine, some cloud cover and some rain. :)

I'll tell you nearer the time in more detail :lol:

Just one more thing easterlies are quite common in second half of April for the east and southeast of england so it can get quite chilly with overcast skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Pretty much what everyone else has said. Average max temps at the end of April are around 13-15C, but don't expect them to stay close to that region. Under cloudy skies you can still get the odd chilly day, but generally it will feel warm and pleasant if there are clear blue skies, and it is not rare to see the odd few days reaching the low 20s, especially in Spanish plumes and anticyclonic conditions.

Frosts are not common, but don't get caught out when the sun sets, because it can still get a bit chilly

Posted

Mid-late April is a time of year when easterlies and northerlies can often be the dominating influence. Its a time of year when the traditional westerly often takes a snooze so to speak and is therefore a period when unusual synoptics can crop up. Indeed extremes of wintry cold and summer warmth can occur at this time, as well persistant dry weather or cyclonic wet cool conditions.. its not an easy time of year to predict weatherwise.

I wasnt asking for an overall view of the weather in that period regarding averages and mean temps, I was asking for this yesr specifially, anyone know what the weather will be like mid April to end of April 2010?

Posted

london is huge. the weather varies massively here. ive been from snowstorm getting the tube to bright blue warmish sunshine getting off it. as for april, this far out, well expect showers!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Too far out still, but looks like it may be anticyclonic as the charts show high pressure moving in next week, which would bring warm temperatures possibly over 20C by day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

I've got 2 weeks off work at the end of the month so i'm keeping an eye on the long range forecast too. Signs are at the moment that something more settled is about a week away so with a bit of luck it will last well on into the latter part of the month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

I wasnt asking for an overall view of the weather in that period regarding averages and mean temps, I was asking for this yesr specifially, anyone know what the weather will be like mid April to end of April 2010?

If you find ‘anyone’ who knows ‘specifically’ what the weather will be like in a 'specific' area in 3/5 weeks time give him my business card.

Will set up a weather site

rolleyes.gif