Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

General Cold Spell Discussion

reef

Posted

Heavy sleet here in the Castlereagh hills at 500 feet. Not expecting anything this far east. West is looking very good with possibly a foot of snow over the next 24 hours.

Posted

No its just irritating that its raining at 2.5c... and other places are getting snopw... enniskillen is getting snow and that worried me that we were too late... anyway the bbc weather says its changing in the early hours.

Don't worry about the rain :drinks: We had heavy rain for a while earlier and now it's changed.  :D

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

Don't worry about the rain :drinks: We had heavy rain for a while earlier and now it's changed. :D

yep im just gonna wait immpationately to midnight... cant wait to tomorrow if it stays like forecasted!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Wouldn't worry frostyjoe, tomorrow night is the one for Ireland!

post-6901-12698889734155_thumb.png post-6901-12698889861555_thumb.png

Strange how it has snow ppn for cornish though?

Posted

Wouldn't worry frostyjoe, tomorrow night is the one for Ireland!

post-6901-12698889734155_thumb.png post-6901-12698889861555_thumb.png

are those snow depths for high up?

Posted

Blowing a hooley and sleeting sideways here at 4/2ºC.

Posted

Temp continuing to fall, even we might manage something out of this! (Eventually..)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Evening!! It's like winter all over again in here smile.gif

Still rainy sleet here which keeps going a bit snowy in the heavier bursts and then going back to rain. So close but it could do this all night. The Met-O warning overnight is for further south and east of me, only time will tell what will happen.

Some places are going to get a pasting Cheggers. You may well be one of them. I hope you've not got too far to go tomorrow or Wednesday??

T dropping really fast, must be 0.1 C/10 min. Still rain, but biting cold rain. Will keep sticking my head out the door at regular intervals.

LSS - was over in Fife this morning and it was sleety snow on the road to Glenrothes at times. Hope you get a good dumping.

I'm acutally a bit caught on this one. Just picked up me new motor. I want it to snow as I mainly missed that last Feb dump but at the same time want to take the new wheels out tomorrow. Irony is, my post christmas purchased snowchains don't fit the new cars wheels.

Ah well, the car can wait, bring on one last dump.

Edit: Pelting down at Soutra now. "Sorry boss, roads around here are clear but Soutra blocked" diablo.gif

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Strange how it has snow ppn for cornish though?

The cold uppers are being wrapped back through Ireland and under the depression into SW England.

post-6901-12698897278355_thumb.png

While the 850s are marginal, the DP is around 0C and thickness values look ok so it could happen!

Posted

The cold uppers are being wrapped back through Ireland and under the depression into SW England.

post-6901-12698897278355_thumb.png

While the 850s are marginal, the DP is around 0C and thickness values look ok so it could happen!

Thats quite interesting, so we really could see some fleeting snow in west country oh I live in hope. blink.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

are those snow depths for high up?

The highest snow depths are for around 200m high, but you could easily get over 10cms at sea level I'd say.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

I give up -temperature has gone up to 2.6C and the wet snow isn't even threatening to lie. Typical.

Posted

I give up -temperature has gone up to 2.6C and the wet snow isn't even threatening to lie. Typical.

It is only 8.20pm!!! The sun has not even been down long give it another 4 hours and you may find it looks quite different outside!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

It is only 8.20pm!!! The sun has not even been down long give it another 4 hours and you may find it looks quite different outside!

I suppose. The humidity has risen to 93% though so even that offers me little hope. Still, it wasn't even forecast to be snow at the moment so I guess it could still change - in fact I wasn't even expecting much from tonight!

Give it time LS!! Patience.

If anyone has NW Extra take a look at the NMM +36 chart of 24hr accumulated precipitation :rolleyes:

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

im starting to give up to!!! im gonna cry and cry and cry!!!! everywhere else in ni is below 3c and my nearest station is 4c and rising and youd think it would fricken drop! for firck seck!! NOOO WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO FOR SOME SNOW!!

im starting to give up to!!! im gonna cry and cry and cry!!!! everywhere else in ni is below 3c and my nearest station is 4c and rising and youd think it would fricken drop! for firck seck!! NOOO WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO FOR SOME SNOW!!

It's all the heat coming from your rage frosty!! Your own local heat island created by steam from your ears :rolleyes:

Edit: Some flood watches out now for Scotland. Just general watches at the moment so nothing too serious...yet.

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

The answer is to have the low pressure set up further east so that we get three days of sunshine and snow showers instead of an extremely marginal frontal system bringing rain or sleet for most and snow for a few. This was always on the cards in the "downgrade" scenario.

However it's not totally devoid of excitement- there's some thunderstorms over parts of south-east England at the moment to the south of the system.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Give it time LS!! Patience.

If anyone has NW Extra take a look at the NMM +36 chart of 24hr accumulated precipitation blink.gif

Good heavens. With all those reds, pinks and oranges, Scotland, Nothern Ireland and portions of Northern England would be in for a huge dumping of rain, sleet and snow (if that were to come off). shok.gif

Posted

Snow is lashing down and sticking

EDIT: Temp is 1.1, DP -0.3

Very white here now, even the roads covered, and it's been raining most of the day!

Posted

Heavy rain at the moment, temperature has dropped a fair bit in the past hour or so, I expect the highest ground will be seeing some wet snow.

For the Lake District as a whole it will be tomorrow night I think before we see the chances of snow to low levels, more especially Wednesday morning as we finally see the colder uppers move into the area (the low pressure has orientated itself in a position which won't favour those cold uppers until Wednesday, Cumbria seems to be caught in slightly milder air right under the low, the 528 dam line doesn't want to show itself in any rush to these parts, but we will get there. Had the low orientated itself some 100-150 miles further east we would have been caught in the snowy firedome and those colder uppers would be quickly descending down across the west of the country. Reminds me a bit of what happened in late Feb, the negative west based NAO is preventing a more direct northerly fetch it seems.

I think Wednesday night is the time to watch if you are in the NW as we see some hefty wintry showers, Thursday looks like being a cold day with further threat of snow showers.

Have to say its a bleak outlook for those in the north wanting some sunshine and settled weather.

Posted

Snow is lashing down and sticking

EDIT: Temp is 1.1, DP -0.3

Notice there is moderate snow falling on the Stirling and Drumochter webcams on Traffic Scotlands live eyeviews . Very cold 1c, breezy and cloudy here.