Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Today's Weather

sunny scunny

Posted

The temperature may of been the warmest of the year thus far at 16.6c today but its been very hazy all day long, in fact the suns only just came back out after an hour of the cloud being thick enough to block out the sun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Another beautiful Spring day! Today the sunshine has been a little on the hazy side than compared with yesterday with rather thin medium-level cloud, but still feels pleasantly warm outside. Temperature now at 16C, so similar to yesterday's values for here. Perhaps a slight increase on yesterday's maximum is still possible between now and 17:00.

17/18C temperatures being recorded in a few places across the south and east of the country. Tomorrow I still think 17C or slightly above looks increasingly likely for here, while southern parts of the Midlands may well reach 18C.

Just been out to play badmington with my sister and it really did feel very lovely in the sunshine. I would almost say that there was a Summery feel to the day so far, although it has clouded up a bit.

I have my hopes for an 18*C day tommorrow - would be great.cool.gif

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

Just been out to play badmington with my sister and it really did feel very lovely in the sunshine. I would almost say that there was a Summery feel to the day so far, although it has clouded up a bit.

I have my hopes for an 18*C day tommorrow - would be great.cool.gif

i want to 21c!!! it wont be hazy tomorrow and it wont be windy.. we have a chance.. If today was summer 25c would've probably have happened!rolleyes.gif

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted

In Buxton the "official temperature" reached 61F / 16.1C today, but in my back garden just up to 14C, still the warmest day though. Disappointing amounts of cloud around today.

Posted

Yeah i know its strange lol

When i posted back in winter on some of the temp readings i got from my weather station thats in the sun, people questioned me as my temp readings were higher than most others, or everyone elses! So i got a new thermometer to put in the sade as i can't move my weather station as my garden is sheltered so couldn't get proper wind reading, and my newer thermometer thats in the shade has actually at times given higher readings, like today (09/04/10) My new thermo. has given a high of 22c, but it only records to the nearest 0.5c! so its more likely it was 21C or just over, yet the one in the sun has inly given a high of 19.5C and people still question my temp readings.

Could someone help explain maybe why this is happening?

I'm having a guess here, but I'd guess your weather station in the sun will probably have some kind of shield over the thermometer but it probably doesn't do the job too well, I found that with one of my old weather stations I had a few years ago, When the sun came out the temperature would usually shoot up by 4 or 5C to say for example in summer 27C when the air temp was 22C. An unprotected thermometer exposed to the sun today though would have probably read somewhere in the 30s id imagine.

With your other thermometer, I'm not sure really but maybe a bit of sunlight caught it at some point today with the sun getting higher in the sky, or there could be some reflected radiation/sunlight from somewhere, or possibly that your garden is a bit of a heat trap or that the thermometer is a bit faulty, there's many possible reasons I guess. I'm not sure why It would give lower readings in winter and higher readings now, unless it is effected by some form of possibly reflected sunlight now but not in winter, or if its at night and is placed on the ground as the ground/grass surface is often a few degrees cooler than the air at head height on a calm clear night which is why you can get a ground frost with the air temp above freezing.

The weather station I've got now (Davis Vantage Pro 2) seems to have no such problems as the radiation shield it has seems to do the job just fine, as temps are usually similar compared to readings from places like Exeter Airport, and sometimes lower than some local sites that might read slightly too high in sunny weather. (there rather expensive though!)

I seem to have gone on quite a bit there! but I hope that might be useful.

A very nice day here today with wall to wall sunshine and just some cirris/cirrostratus around, and a light southerly breeze. Perfect spring day really It felt pretty warm when out for a walk earlier. Temp just beginning to drop off a bit now.

Temp: 14.8°C

Dew point: 5.3°C

Humidity: 54%

Wind: 4mph 'gusting' 7mph

Pressure: 1032.2mb

Max today: 16.4°C at 15:57

Min today: 2.8°C at 1:50

Posted

Another beautiful spring day with good sunny spells - a little cloudier than yesterday but feeling warmer because the wind has been lighter. Current conditions: hazy sunshine, 17.8 deg C, wind light W. Today's maximum 18.5, last night's minimum 3.9.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Today’s weather

Pressure 1033.6hPa

Current Temp 17.2c

Highest Temp 20.9c

Lowest Temp 6.1c

Humidity 54%

Dewpoint 7.7c

Windchill 17.2c

Min Windchill 6.1c

Current Windspeed 0.0mph

Max Windspeed 5.8mph

Wind direction ESE

Rain Total 0.0mm

Monthly Rain Total 28.4mm

Posted

Remarkably warm day considering how much haze/high cloud was around; it never completely blocked it but turned the sun very weak at times, and turned the sky white. Still just about shining now but very hazy once again. Maxed at 17C (warm enough to make me put shorts on when I got home from work), but if that haze would get lost I reckon we could at least get close to a 20.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

The warmest day of the year so far despite large amounts of high cloud all day. The deciding factor was the absence of yesterday's NW breeze.

At 1800 g.m.t;

Temp', 12.2c

Max' today, 14.1c

Min' last night. 5.1c

Grass min', 1.1c

Rainfall from 0800-1800 g.m.t, nil

Sunshine today, 1.99 hrs

Mean wind speed, 4 mph S

Highest gust today, 14 mph SE at 1028 g.m.t

8 oktas cist and alst

Vis', 45 km.

Castlebay Isle Of Barra

Outdoor temp 8c

Outdoor humidity 88%

Pressure 1030mb

Wind direction South

Wind speed 8mph

Cloud Height 1035ft

Wet Bulb 6c

Total rainfall This Month 0.0mm

Dew Point 4c

Wind Chill 8c

Weather Partly cloudy dry dark

Over The Last 24hours averages and extra details,

Temperature rose 0.6c

Pressure rose 11mb

Humidity rose 4%

Average wind speed 14mph

Dewpoint rose 0.7c

Average wind direction South

Moon age 25 days 20%

Sunrise and Sunset 6:41am - 8:25pm

Moonrise and Moonset 5:08am - 2:53pm

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Coventry report:

Clear spells last night.

Cloud and sunny intervals this morning. A warm afternoon with hazy sunny periods. Light breeze.

Cloudy again this evening.

Min 4.6c

Max 17.1c

Dry yesterday and today.

Currently: 12.8c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

I'm having a guess here, but I'd guess your weather station in the sun will probably have some kind of shield over the thermometer but it probably doesn't do the job too well, I found that with one of my old weather stations I had a few years ago, When the sun came out the temperature would usually shoot up by 4 or 5C to say for example in summer 27C when the air temp was 22C. An unprotected thermometer exposed to the sun today though would have probably read somewhere in the 30s id imagine.

With your other thermometer, I'm not sure really but maybe a bit of sunlight caught it at some point today with the sun getting higher in the sky, or there could be some reflected radiation/sunlight from somewhere, or possibly that your garden is a bit of a heat trap or that the thermometer is a bit faulty, there's many possible reasons I guess. I'm not sure why It would give lower readings in winter and higher readings now, unless it is effected by some form of possibly reflected sunlight now but not in winter, or if its at night and is placed on the ground as the ground/grass surface is often a few degrees cooler than the air at head height on a calm clear night which is why you can get a ground frost with the air temp above freezing.

The weather station I've got now (Davis Vantage Pro 2) seems to have no such problems as the radiation shield it has seems to do the job just fine, as temps are usually similar compared to readings from places like Exeter Airport, and sometimes lower than some local sites that might read slightly too high in sunny weather. (there rather expensive though!)

I seem to have gone on quite a bit there! but I hope that might be useful.

A very nice day here today with wall to wall sunshine and just some cirris/cirrostratus around, and a light southerly breeze. Perfect spring day really It felt pretty warm when out for a walk earlier. Temp just beginning to drop off a bit now.

Temp: 14.8°C

Dew point: 5.3°C

Humidity: 54%

Wind: 4mph 'gusting' 7mph

Pressure: 1032.2mb

Max today: 16.4°C at 15:57

Min today: 2.8°C at 1:50

My other thermometer is around 6ft off the ground and is on the shed, in the shade all day apart from first thing sunrise midsummer, but im thinking of saving up for a new weather station at somepoint so for now i guess i will just try to get an average from both of them or something! thanks, will maybe look into the weather station you have, if you dont mind me asking, how much was it? :)

Posted

Stubborn cloud for much of the day, it tried to break in the afternoon but never, still it felt pleasant with little wind, temps maxed at a lowly 12 degrees.

Tomorrow should be a much brighter sunnier day and likely to be our warmest of the year so far. Could get quite chilly tonight but don't expect anything lower than 3 degrees.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

A lovely day (well from what I saw stuck in an office in central London!) with plenty of warm sunshine.

13.8c max here but still 12.1c so a muggy, summer feeling night. Lovely to walk around in- still, tender air with some lovely smells in the air. I do love nights like this!

Posted

ugh after a sunny day we maxed at 18.4c.. if that haze wasnt there we would be guarenteed 20c... maybe tomorrow if that friggen haze clears away!!! still 10c now because of it aswell.. was kinda hoping it would clear away for once... it better not be there when i wake in the morning!

Edited by frostyjoe

Posted

Another beautiful day.

Max temp: 19.9c

Min temp: 1.1c

Current: 8.0c

Dewpoint: 4c

Humidity: 74%

Barometer: 1034mb steady

24hr precip: 0.0mm

Wind: Calm

Edited by Tommyd1258

Posted

The warmest day of the year so far here, with a maximum temperature of 16.1C. It started off sunny during the morning, but gradually clouded over in the afternoon. Its probably a case of 'make the most of it' here because as soon as that easterly breeze picks up, we can say goodbye to the sunshine and warmth!

Currently mostly cloudy with a temperature of 7.8C.

Posted

My other thermometer is around 6ft off the ground and is on the shed, in the shade all day apart from first thing sunrise midsummer, but im thinking of saving up for a new weather station at somepoint so for now i guess i will just try to get an average from both of them or something! thanks, will maybe look into the weather station you have, if you dont mind me asking, how much was it? :lol:

Ah ok not sure then, perhaps it was actually that warm where you were due to a local effect of some kind, It is an odd one sometimes. I saved up for the weather station I have at the moment and brought it a little while after my old one went a bit faulty. I wanted something good this time so went for that one however it was pretty pricey at a little over £500 I think, about the cheapest I could find for it, which is almost double the price for it in the USA for some reason but there you go!

It is one of the most expensive out there but if you do have the money and think its worth buying you cant really beat it in my experience. :) Just remembered, they have recently released the 'vantage vue' which i've heard is very good and is lower price at slightly over £300

Under calm conditions and clear skies the temp has dropped to 5.1°C now.

Edited by StormMad26